You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dashtardly

This is NOT unsporting conduct

16 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
869 posts
14,947 battles

Today my computer system has decided to be rather unstable. My first game it crashed very shortly after the battle started (I was in a DD, just throttled up to 100%). By the time I restarted and re-entered the game I found that I was dead. Tried another game and same thing happened.  This time after restart and uninstalling latest Windows update I entered the game and had this message waiting for me.

image.png.9cef09fecf3df8d17b865cfc81f8f9e8.png

Really frustrating to get this kind of penalty due to computer problems. Dare I even try another game today?

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[UNC]
Members
970 posts
6,563 battles

Unfortunately, the game can't tell the difference between a crash and an intentional disconnect so it "assumes" the worst.  The pink will go away after you've played a few games successfully; it's not a permanent thing that goes on your record or anything.  I get that it is frustrating though to get flagged for something beyond your control.  If you dislike the pink, I would say see if you can get your computer issues sorted before you try to play again.  If you continue to try and have additional crashes, it will only extend the amount of time that you are pink.

Good luck!

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
12 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

Today my computer system has decided to be rather unstable. My first game it crashed very shortly after the battle started (I was in a DD, just throttled up to 100%). By the time I restarted and re-entered the game I found that I was dead. Tried another game and same thing happened.  This time after restart and uninstalling latest Windows update I entered the game and had this message waiting for me.

image.png.9cef09fecf3df8d17b865cfc81f8f9e8.png

Really frustrating to get this kind of penalty due to computer problems. Dare I even try another game today?

All this mean, you failed to return to the match BEFORE it was over...

Its not a "penalty" its a warning... YOU are treating it as a penalty...

[--K--]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,814 posts
6,194 battles

A penalty is a Temp Ban.

You got a warning. Wear your pink with pride for those 6 matches. 

Might wanna check you system before you play though to make sure it wont happen again. 

Members
1,127 posts
37 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

ts not a "penalty" its a warning... YOU are treating it as a penalty...

it is a penalty .....if you read what it says ..."a team kill penalty was applied"

" battles until penalty is lifted "

Edited by arch4random
no reason
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
5 minutes ago, arch4random said:

it is a penalty .....if you read what it says ..."a team kill penalty was applied"You will lose points IF you caused damage to your allies

The context of that is seen in the "detailed report" tab... If its how the OP stated, its ZERO... He did not hit anyone, he was just late to return before the battle is over...(as stated is in the second part of the msg).

Its a warning, not a penalty since no points were taken out of his earning total.

Edited by Navalpride33

[GWG]
Members
7,740 posts
14,774 battles

So...   What are we doing tonight, Brain ??

PinkyBrain.thumb.jpg.f32a144f0da64e5531814014b4636f79.jpg

Members
1,127 posts
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

The context of that is seen in the "detailed report" tab... If its how the OP stated, its ZERO... He did not hit anyone, he was just late to return before the battle is over...

but still pink for "unsporting behavior" thats crap brother ....when wows can fix their game with no bugs that might be the cause of the disco then maybe they can write out a pink slip ...but they want us to do a WG check and send in a bug report .. how??? have to shut down most of the time ....this has been going on for a while and should have been fixed by now ...the op is not the first person that this happened to and it needs to stop right now .....

the op shut down his puter in an attempt to get into the game ..which i understand  and thats good...but the thing is when you leave the battle and cant get back in  its considered "unsporting" the BEST thing to do is NOT leave the battle just sit there for the 20 minutes or until you know the game is over then shut your puter down ...this will not get you a pink slip   

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
1 minute ago, arch4random said:

the op shut down his puter in an attempt to get into the game ..which i understand  and thats good...but the thing is when you leave the battle and cant get back in  its considered "unsporting" the BEST thing to do is NOT leave the battle just sit there for the 20 minutes or until you know the game is over then shut your puter down ...this will not get you a pink slip  

If you can't return to a match within 20 or whenever time the match concluded, then you deserve being pink...

Fix your machine before you click on the battle button.. Its called being considerate to the other 23 players who dont have machine issues and just want to play a match...

Its still a warning...

[SR-_-]
Members
4,952 posts
46,489 battles

Try repair. Before you play, do that. 

It could be you have a mod that went bleh and crashed it. 

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[PVE]
Members
8,822 posts
25,144 battles
3 hours ago, dashtardly said:

...uninstalling latest Windows update

I don't get that.

The only time my computer even lags out is when there is a Windows update pending (or if I try to deny WGC to update either the main or PT server...which I never did again after the 1st time).

Reinstall your windows update & then check to make sure there are no others waiting to install.

After windows is up to date your issues should go away (works EVERY time...100%...for me) & if nothing else should be the very 1st thing you do before any other step (including contacting support or even running the check & repair tool).

Get your system up to date 1st.

If this was on WGs end it would be happening to a lot of people at once & your's is the only present thread in the forums so it's on your end.

I know updates can take awhile to run sometimes & you just wanna get to gaming...but they're a necessary evil that must be dealt with 1st...just do it.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
8,822 posts
25,144 battles
2 hours ago, arch4random said:

but still pink for "unsporting behavior" thats crap brother ....when wows can fix their game with no bugs that might be the cause of the disco then maybe they can write out a pink slip ...but they want us to do a WG check and send in a bug report .. how??? have to shut down most of the time ....this has been going on for a while and should have been fixed by now ...the op is not the first person that this happened to and it needs to stop right now .....

You need to move a minimum of 10km to not go pink...if you disconnect from the game your ship stops so you need to get back in.

There's nothing for WG to fix...their system works for everybody on a regular basis...that is not a scenario of anything being broken.

If somebody is having issues (& it's not happening to a massive amount of players all at once...a sign that it MIGHT be on WGs end...but even then...that may just be a service provider for a large city having issues...also not WGs fault & there is nothing they can do about that either)...support has an option for them to send in all that reports to possibly help them determine what the issue is...it is never going to be on WGs end in an individual person's issue scenario...they may be able to help figure out what the issue is with the report...but it's basically a free service provided with the game to try to help people troubleshoot THEIR issue.

All those players through all the years you're referring to (sorry...misquote...you said "for awhile"...my exaggeration)...the issue has always been theirs...

Except a handful of cases where WG has unerringly supplied free premium time to everybody that was on or attempted to log on during the time frame of the issue...but it's been a LONG time since that has even occurred because WGs system is not broken.

With a player base as large as WGs (& the steady updates increasing the size/graphic demands of the game)... there's always gonna be some players w/computers that just "haven't got the power captain"...& every update you will see them start posting.

That is not a scenario of anything broken on WGs part...that is a player's system dropping below the new required threshold & as long as the majority (very VAST majority btw) of players are not having issues then things are working & can't be classified as needing to be "fixed (well... you're free to classify it in your own opinion as that...many have & any more have taken on the battle cry:Smile_izmena:..."Fix you're:etc_swear:WG"...but there really isn't anything for WG to fix in an actually working system.

[DOG]
Members
869 posts
14,947 battles
19 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Try repair. Before you play, do that. 

It could be you have a mod that went bleh and crashed it. 

Thanks, but I don't use any mods.

[DOG]
Members
869 posts
14,947 battles
18 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I don't get that.

The only time my computer even lags out is when there is a Windows update pending (or if I try to deny WGC to update either the main or PT server...which I never did again after the 1st time).

Reinstall your windows update & then check to make sure there are no others waiting to install.

After windows is up to date your issues should go away (works EVERY time...100%...for me) & if nothing else should be the very 1st thing you do before any other step (including contacting support or even running the check & repair tool).

Get your system up to date 1st.

If this was on WGs end it would be happening to a lot of people at once & your's is the only present thread in the forums so it's on your end.

I know updates can take awhile to run sometimes & you just wanna get to gaming...but they're a necessary evil that must be dealt with 1st...just do it.

I do keep my system fully up to date and current. My problem started immediately after a (successful) windows update KB5001330, which btw apparently is causing some people problems (see https://www.techradar.com/news/new-windows-10-update-is-causing-a-whole-world-of-pain . I experienced the crashes twice the day before and switched to a different game and had no problems. After uninstalling the update I also ran a file system and memory checks to see if there was some other cause. I was able to play again without problems but have not yet re-installed the update.