You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Perfect shot lined you fire then remember....

18 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts

Your being clever by not targeting the red ship. It pops up from behind the island, perfect shot, fire!!! 

Wait, what. 

You for get to hit the x key and your guns fire at something.

Has anyone ever hit another friendly ship or another red ship because you forgot to target the ship you want to?

[WOLFG]
Members
34,348 posts
10,587 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Your being clever by not targeting the red ship. It pops up from behind the island, perfect shot, fire!!! 

Wait, what. 

Has anyone ever hit another friendly ship or another red ship because you forgot to target the ship you want to?

Yup.

Usually, it's not an issue, point, lock, shoot.

Sometimes though, with multiple ships involved, the lock switches for some reason, or I assume one will be locked and fire, but it's actually not the one I wanted to shoot at.

Still less frustrating than the one that disappears the second you fire, so your shells go all over the place, and then reappears right after that. (I know why it happens, but it's still frustrating)

Although, that's just normal shooting. If I'm trying to be "clever", I don't forget to lock, because I'm focusing on that trick.

I will say though, that ever since I remapped the lock function to the space bar, it feels a whole lot easier to use.

Edited by Skpstr

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,110 posts
13,462 battles

Be super clever and never aim at anyone again. Terrible accuracy but insane morale reduction.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,155 posts
11,804 battles
5 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Be super clever and never aim at anyone again. Terrible accuracy but insane morale reduction.

This reminds me of those few times I’ve blind-fired into smoke with my 356mm tier VI IJN shotgun and dev-struck the poor RN CL parked in there. :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Nevermore135

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,680 posts
13,339 battles

Wait, what. 

Why would not targeting someone even matter? Priority target is a waste of 2 skill points for anyone that can figure out when there's too many ships that are shooting at them (or that should be shooting at them).

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Why would not targeting someone even matter? Priority target is a waste of 2 skill points for anyone that can figure out when there's too many ships that are shooting at them (or that should be shooting at them).

Not the skill.  When you hit x and your guns get a accuracy buff.

Your basiclly blind firing.

I dont wast points on that anymore.

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

That was cool.  Does it work often?

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

This reminds me of those few times I’ve blind-fired into smoke with my 356mm tier VI IJN shotgun and dev-struck the poor RN CL parked in there. :Smile_veryhappy:

Thats just wrong!!! :cap_haloween:

[SR-_-]
Members
4,910 posts
46,424 battles

I hit a friendly, a cameraperson from WG, a ship on another map that was in another battle for 4 citadels that I never got credit for, hit planes flying overhead, a flying bird, bounced one off many mountains, and also hit so much water that there should be a trench. I think I actually hit the Moon with my Shikishima once, but I may have been sleepy that night. But watching WG replace the cracked Moon mid game was really ridiculous, but I said nothing because WG had a crane operator hold up a sign that said: You saw nothing here.

So, I may have been sleepy during one of my tedious grinds, so don't actually believe that one unless the other co-op players can confirm the story. But I have yet to see any of them. most left the game with tranquilizer darts to the neck. but again, was sleepy, so didn't pay no mind. 

• Funny 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,680 posts
13,339 battles
11 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Not the skill.  When you hit x and your guns get a accuracy buff.

Your basiclly blind firing.

I dont wast points on that anymore.

Kinda my point, why is someone playing games not being locked on, and only trying to lock on at the last sec. The game tries to lock on to the target under the crosshairs anyway.

The skill you're defeating by doing this is not a skill that a truly dangerous player is ever going to use.

• Meh 1

[SR-_-]
Members
4,910 posts
46,424 battles
1 minute ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Kinda my point, why is someone playing games not being locked on, and only trying to lock on at the last sec. The game tries to lock on to the target under the crosshairs anyway.

The skill you're defeating by doing this is not a skill that a truly dangerous player is ever going to use.

I use a 3 sec rule. X , lock, 3 sec, then fire when ready. I usually get great results. Ewoks tossed about set ablaze screaming. Smurfs strewn across the battlefield in their last dying breath. 

Oh, we were talking ships. Argh, sleepy. Yeah, works on shooty botes. 

A lot. 

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles

The perfect shots I remember are the ones  against broadside targets I have all the time in the world to line up...

...but all the shells decide to go to Disneyland instead.

1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Priority target is a waste of 2 skill points for anyone that can figure out when there's too many ships that are shooting at them (or that should be shooting at them).

It a better use of points in some cases than other level 2 skills.

I have avoided taking it more of late, but sometimes nothing else is worth it.

[CNO]
Members
6,740 posts
20,188 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Worse.  One time many moons ago, I had the embarrassing situation of shooting several times at a green that I thought was a red. Yeah, it's obvious...I know.  But at the time...in the heat of battle (and my lack of experience in general) I was too focused to even see the green tag.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,110 posts
13,462 battles

That was cool.  Does it work often?

3-4% of the time.

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
5 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Some times you just forget.

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
5 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Worse.  One time many moons ago, I had the embarrassing situation of shooting several times at a green that I thought was a red. Yeah, it's obvious...I know.  But at the time...in the heat of battle (and my lack of experience in general) I was too focused to even see the green tag.

Yep!  One time when I was just starting I was so happy I was ripping HP.  Then I got a penalty

Turns out that the red ship was behind the green ship and all the shells were slamming into the green one.

Oops.