You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RenamedUser_1016632449

Almost gave them money today

72 comments in this topic

Members
2,070 posts
12,822 battles

There is no fix for CV because their fun is dependent on ruining your fun.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 2

Members
209 posts
6 hours ago, Rouxi said:

There is no fix for CV because their fun is dependent on ruining your fun.

Yup. CV's are tailor-made for stinkbomb-throwing, fly wing-pulling, and they're proud of it. Just like SPG mains in WoT.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 9
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
38 minutes ago, RenamedUser_1016632449 said:

I almost bought a doubloon/credit package today. I have been grinding out the French cruiser line and thought about splurging a little bit, but alas, two games in a row, CVs absolutely ruined the gameplay so badly that I  am thinking about putting this down for a while again. Both times, it wasn't just the considerable damage that they did to my fragile French cruiser, it was keeping me spotted and getting me killed without being able to fire a single shot! Two freaking games in a row. Not in the least bit enjoyable. I am really not interested in any CV trolls coming in here to shoot off their big flapping mouths, I am just putting this out there for the developers, I wont be giving you another dime until you fix this sh$t.

:cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn:

[WOLFG]
Members
34,348 posts
10,587 battles
6 hours ago, Froggy_McFrogface said:

Yup. CV's are tailor-made for stinkbomb-throwing, fly wing-pulling sociopaths, and they're proud of it. Just like SPG mains in WoT.

You forgot people who get so angry now and again, they at them occasionally for catharsis...

And they're not proud of it, pride doesn't enter into it. They just don't care about how feel about being harassed, any more than they care about how a chair feels about being sat on. (or that you say negative things about them, because to them, your opinion and feelings are meaningless)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts

I'm not going to make this about CVs.  I'd remind people that WG's monetization strategy in no small part based on frustration, then they pray on the frustrating situation they created (then there are the outright predatory practices).  Think long and hard if that is a company you want to give your money to.  If you are enjoying the game, by all means support WG.  If you are one of the many on the fence, be careful spending money.

• Thanks 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,878 posts
17 minutes ago, Froggy_McFrogface said:

Yup. CV's are tailor-made for stinkbomb-throwing, fly wing-pulling sociopaths, and they're proud of it. Just like SPG mains in WoT.

I was a artillery man in WoTs. Be first after a battle landing dozens upon dozens on a full up 5000 hulled MBT. Take all map to make one kill. So you sit and stalk. then get accused of kill stealing etc.

When there is a CV in game I change my behavior quite a lot to accomodate them. And sometimes actually get to kill them which is pretty sweet after they have had a week or two to dish out.

Wows is different games to me depending on what I am trying to do today. CVs are not the be all end all. The one good thing about running a BB is sometimes human in CV is stupid. He goes forward too much and then gets crit or five. If not sunk right away. Which is pretty sweet. Now if its a Bot CV? They do not do that well anyway and are not respected or accomodated in battle other than to sink them when we break through the rest of the enemy bots to get back there.

Some days they do better and you might as well never have gotten the game running, stay in bed and wait for a better day.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Cool 1

Members
1,022 posts
4,217 battles

So how is it that CV's don't seem to go after enemy CV's?  Maybe I'm being naive and the answer is obvious, but if CV's are designed around having such an impact on matches you'd imagine they'd make the opposing CV a priority. 

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles
1 hour ago, RenamedUser_1016632449 said:

keeping me spotted and getting me killed without being able to fire a single shot!

This is the point at which your account of your battles lost all credibility.

• Boring 5
  • Meh 9

[DOG]
Members
1,316 posts
13,748 battles
44 minutes ago, Froggy_McFrogface said:

I've never played WoT.  How are SPG's annoying?  Is it like they are ships in WoWS with no citadel because they have no turret?

[DOG]
Members
1,316 posts
13,748 battles
6 minutes ago, surratus said:

So how is it that CV's don't seem to go after enemy CV's?  Maybe I'm being naive and the answer is obvious, but if CV's are designed around having such an impact on matches you'd imagine they'd make the opposing CV a priority. 

It used to happen before the rework.  But the AA on CV's was buffed to ridiculous levels, so it's not worth the plane casualties.  There are easier targets.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,304 battles

tenor.gif?itemid=20159374

Diamond hands brother, don't give in.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
6 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

It used to happen before the rework.  But the AA on CV's was buffed to ridiculous levels, so it's not worth the plane casualties.  There are easier targets.

And the fighters the CV can put up.  Their ship launched fighters have a stupid long action time, and a short cooldown.  This makes it really hard to go after a CV with planes.

[YORHA]
Members
5,446 posts
10,575 battles
16 minutes ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

I'm starting to notice that CV now days often have the top kill numbers in many battles played. This should say it all.  

You should notice harder.  On the NA server...

For tier VI there is one in the top 10 for kills .

For tier VIII there is one in the top 10 and that CV is no longer available.

For tier X there are 3, but one is the Immelman and one is the FDR which are pretty much only available to the better players.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,197 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is the point at which your account of your battles lost all credibility.

Why>>?  The OP's statement I have experienced more than once......  A hard reality; where, a good carrier driver does exactly that:  engage in not engaging to sort out the enemy's order of battle and let the long range BB's atrit damage and more importantly, determine where the enemy disposition is weakest???  Tactics.........  Fight the enemy where they aren't......and, if a CA/CL get's caught and significantly damaged........  Well done.  Less AA, more DD space. 

A reason I don't play Randoms.  Can't fight what you can't shoot at or shoot down.....  Between Planes and Radar, the game is decided at minute 3 or 4 with competent Carrier drivers...  BTW, there were some great YT videos that showed what the new carriers could do to "influence the battlespace..." released at Update 8.0.    

Ever wonder why Carriers are and have been excluded from some modes of play????  Ta-Da..........what the OP stated is why they aren't included.  Carriers are strategic; and, have "influenced the small battlespace meta".........and, for many, ruined the PVP game itself.....  Sorry.  A hard reality........  Now, if carriers had to fight at the CAP level to achieve air superiority before they could spot or engage in surface combat.............the, we'd have some parity.....

I know, we will disagree on this.........

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
14,126 posts
20,570 battles

After so many of these post since patch 0.8.0...

You would think these types of posts are meaningless... Alas these threads pop up...

All you can do is wish the OP well from his error in thinking...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 6

[WOLFC]
Members
3,155 posts
11,804 battles
38 minutes ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

I'm starting to notice that CV now days often have the top kill numbers in many battles played. This should say it all.  

22 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

You should notice harder.  On the NA server...

For tier VI there is one in the top 10 for kills .

For tier VIII there is one in the top 10 and that CV is no longer available.

For tier X there are 3, but one is the Immelman and one is the FDR which are pretty much only available to the better players.

Even if it was the case, I wouldn’t be surprised if CVs had slightly inflated kill numbers. CVs are all about delivering comparatively less damaging ordinance to targets with high precision. One of the best things a CV can do to help his team win is pick off low health ships that attempt to disengage and allow his team’s BBs and cruisers to focus on bigger threats.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,058 posts
27,797 battles
1 hour ago, surratus said:

CVs generally have good to great AA and auto launch fighters when detected. Attacking more than once on a CV with fighters up is guaranteed plan losses as the fighters will lock on. When fighters lock on it's a 1 for 1 exchange. 3 fighters guarantee three plane losses. It's very costly and inefficient as most time you'll only maybe get to kill the CV but not help or team or do decent damage.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,704 posts
7,066 battles
1 hour ago, zubalkabir said:

Its not the AA, which is honestly no stronger than your standard AA cruiser, its the auto-fighter.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,197 battles
50 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

After so many of these post since patch 0.8.0...

You would think these types of posts are meaningless... Alas these threads pop up...

All you can do is wish the OP well from his error in thinking...

True.....  BUt, the salient point is that many have left the game because of 8.0 and the after effects of 8.0 are still driving people out or away......

Meaningless?  Forum Posts reflect the sub-conscious of the player base......  They put into words good or ill meaning.......the subtext of that which drives frustrations.....

Error of his thinking is more than a exclusive experience.  Rather, it is my experiences and those of a lot of others he's exploring.  And, at some point, you may find yourself all alone because everyone else has left the game.....  Which, I might point out, usually happens with the Mature Game Syndrome we are in......  Might take a year or so, but, History seems to project a bleak future.....

Edited by Asym_KS

[GWG]
Members
7,734 posts
14,754 battles
2 hours ago, RenamedUser_1016632449 said:

I almost bought a doubloon/credit package today. I have been grinding out the French cruiser line and thought about splurging a little bit, but alas, two games in a row, CVs absolutely ruined the gameplay so badly that I  am thinking about putting this down for a while again. Both times, it wasn't just the considerable damage that they did to my fragile French cruiser, it was keeping me spotted and getting me killed without being able to fire a single shot! Two freaking games in a row. Not in the least bit enjoyable. I am really not interested in any CV trolls coming in here to shoot off their big flapping mouths, I am just putting this out there for the developers, I wont be giving you another dime until you fix this sh$t.

This is why I only play Co-Op.

The fact that my fun would be derived from someone else's agony is too disturbing, almost sociopathic.

Yes, I'm pretty good with carriers.  I've even carried quite a few co-op games in top place - as the sole survivor.
But to turn my skills loose to hurt other players is just not right.

Some may think that this is just like playing cards, where a more skilled player knows when to hold them, knows when to fold them, knows when to walk away, and knows when to run.....
But I don't play those games either.  Nope.  I'll just play against the computer.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
14,126 posts
20,570 battles
6 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

True.....  BUt, the salient point is that many have left the game because of 8.0 and the after effects of 8.0 are still driving people out or away......

Meaningless?  Forum Posts reflect the sub-conscious of the player base......  They put into words good or ill meaning.......the subtext of that which drives frustrations.....

Error of his thinking is more than a exclusive experience.  Rather, it is my experiences and those of a lot of others he's exploring.  And, at some point, you may find yourself all alone because everyone else has left the game.....  Which, I might point out, usually happens with the Mature Game Syndrome we are in......  Might take a year or so, but, History seems to project a bleak future.....

The game is toast... No use complaining about it...

Though I disagree these post "reflect" anything other then the OP's error in judgment...

People will like the current high tier product (IMO its a hot mess) just enough to make WG a profit...

People will like the guns only battles WG favors over the Fair play Doctrine.

They have made their choice... Its time for the OP to make his next correct choice... Things are not going to change anytime soon...

• Boring 3