Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Afterhours gameplay is terrible...

11 comments in this topic

[G-O-W]
Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles

10 games in a row tonight, 7 losses 3 wins, every game a 1 sided, totally unbalanced, annihilation.  I'm in Australia so only get a few token games a month and tonight with the server currently having 2900 players logged on I find the games to be both frustrating and highly frustrating. Even when my team lolstomp the other mob it makes the game feel like a hollow victory. 

Just not sure what it is about smaller servers and badly stacked teams. This is not a one off either, most of my games for the last few months have been like this. I really don't care if we win or lose, I just like balanced games and watching my teams token cruiser last game (an Atlanta) storm the cap with his guns blazing only to be smashed 3 seconds later, then we lose both DD's as they thought sitting in each others smoke at the cap was a good idea, then a Tirpitz is lit up and murdered, 5m into the game we have lost 5 ships for 0 enemy losses.

My last game just poured salt on the wounds, Skane  (4 straight losses in Skane, figured I was due for a win), match starts, 5 seconds in I lag out and take 5+ minutes to rejoin this slowass game, just in time to get sunk... Played 2 coop games after this but the AI is so dumb and predictable its a very dull experience. 

Sorry for the whiney post, just starting to lose interest in WoWs, there seems to be many new games coming out that don't end with me quitting out of pure frustration. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,154 battles

Alas, Mature Game Syndrome !  Our host "gave up" two years ago and the recent Skill Tree Change........well, was just "icing on the Cake..."  Many have left and the game is now "status quo" till they either close the game or you end up with less than 10K active players for years.....  

It really didn't have to be this way but, our host determined it was "inevitable"  --  didn't you hear the "SNAP"............???

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[UNHLY]
Members
3,414 posts
26,101 battles
30 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

10 games in a row tonight, 7 losses 3 wins, every game a 1 sided, totally unbalanced, annihilation.  I'm in Australia so only get a few token games a month and tonight with the server currently having 2900 players logged on I find the games to be both frustrating and highly frustrating. Even when my team lolstomp the other mob it makes the game feel like a hollow victory. 

Just not sure what it is about smaller servers and badly stacked teams. This is not a one off either, most of my games for the last few months have been like this. I really don't care if we win or lose, I just like balanced games and watching my teams token cruiser last game (an Atlanta) storm the cap with his guns blazing only to be smashed 3 seconds later, then we lose both DD's as they thought sitting in each others smoke at the cap was a good idea, then a Tirpitz is lit up and murdered, 5m into the game we have lost 5 ships for 0 enemy losses.

My last game just poured salt on the wounds, Skane  (4 straight losses in Skane, figured I was due for a win), match starts, 5 seconds in I lag out and take 5+ minutes to rejoin this slowass game, just in time to get sunk... Played 2 coop games after this but the AI is so dumb and predictable its a very dull experience. 

Sorry for the whiney post, just starting to lose interest in WoWs, there seems to be many new games coming out that don't end with me quitting out of pure frustration. 

Been having the same issues for quite awhile its just getting worse. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles

@LunchCutter, I've played WOWS on the NA server on Australian hotel wifi on a laptop while travelling. Your complaints about only occasional games and bad lag don't ring true to me, certainly not with regard to it being Wargaming's problem. The game isn't the issue; something is happening between you and the server that YOU need to sort out.

• Boring 2

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles

not just late hour this morning  3-7 in last ten truly horrific CV play, all blow out except two

he only said one of his games had bad connection way to focus on topic

Edited by vikingno2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,465 battles

The weekend game experience is truly terrible...Games are over soon after they are started...so it makes it hard to get much done...or extract much enjoyment.. add in a glut of t10 coal CVs and yeah....ugh...

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,154 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@LunchCutter, I've played WOWS on the NA server on Australian hotel wifi on a laptop while travelling. Your complaints about only occasional games and bad lag don't ring true to me, certainly not with regard to it being Wargaming's problem. The game isn't the issue; something is happening between you and the server that YOU need to sort out.

Actually, I've seen some serious Lag this past week and some odd "stuttering" moments where the sync goes out and comes back almost immediately....  It's not my rig at all.  Not my ISP at all.  Something, some anomaly that started when the Yamato Combat Mission loaded???  My old clan mates and I have all had similar issues since the Yammy change???  The COOP que went binary as well with either 2x7 or 9x9 drops......no matter the population. 

It's been reported and we will see what our host comments on......  It's not any of our hardware because we all are running full up gaming rigs on some of the best band widths money can buy (those other guys were competitive types in other games.....)  I'm just a potato with a well set up rig.......  

Something is amiss.......minor......not something serious but, there is something going on and our host is dead silent........which, isn't unusual for them.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,450 posts

In terms of the population, super late night/early morning (relative to NA), has always been the lowest player count.  I addition, the weather is starting to warm up in NA, which results in a player count drop every year around this time.  It's part of the normal cyclic player base rise and fall, that happens every year, depending on the time of year.  In addition, some of the states here in the US are starting lift COVID related restrictions and people have been holed up in their house more than normal this year.  So I expect to see a drop in players, across online gaming in general as summer begins.

As an example, I know someone who works in the travel industry and they are currently swamped.  M-F 9-5 has gone out the window.  They are suddenly working 7 days a week, through midnight, dealing with a tsunami of new travel bookings.

Wows NA got a big boost in numbers due to COVID and one should expect a big drop, as things start to open up and the warm weather begins. 

[UNC]
Members
966 posts
6,513 battles

I used to work nights, and I know that as soon as I saw the server pop drop below about 3500 it was time to call it.  Once you get below that threshold, the games just seem to become exponentially worse for some reason.  You also see much more frequent queue dumps and oddball MM (sometimes asymmetric) that just make games unenjoyable.  Just out of curiosity, why not try the SEA server?  That at least would be a much closer match to your time zone, so there would likely be a bigger population available for play. 

[COMRD]
Members
324 posts
5,485 battles

Hello down there. Thats what ya get for living on the wrong side of the earth. Just kidding! Regards from Canada ay.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this