You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

This Game Use To Be Fun

52 comments in this topic

[UNHLY]
Members
3,414 posts
26,101 battles

Sad to see this game like this, played DD's about 3 or 4 days ago lost 8 straight losses in a mixture of Tiers.

Yesterday had mixed day but lost way more then I won, last week was not any better if memory serves me, neither was the week before,.

I cant remember when I had a decent week in a long time, sure got the odd game here and there but really the game is getting worse.

Played DD's 1 win out 5, played Cruisers, 1 win out 4 I think might have been, tried BB's now so far 2 games all losses.

Yeah I don't expect a 100 % win rate be just nice if it was say 50 / 50.

Had someone complaining in my last BB that the BB's were not doing enough, I'm in Kurfurst wanting to push and look at the mini map and everyone is scurrying to a island or running to the back of the map because they got there paint scratched.

I no Hindy is a ship that is good for kiting but come on the A Line is a bit much had 2 of them back there. 

Everyone else bar a couple is running trying to get there FAV hiding place so they can shoot behind islands.

Has this game really come to this now.   

Its no better in the mid Tiers  the players are new and learning ropes or they just don't care so just sail round firing blindly at a ship that is red instead of picking a damaged target to sink it, but no they fire half cross the map at full strength ships.

This game really hurts to play these days.               

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[RLGN]
Members
16,585 posts
28,937 battles

Been to see Vampire II?

As to your general lament, I'll say this; Randoms has been weird in the extreme of late.

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,297 battles

Agree the game is not rewarding for aggressive tactical play. And WG only seem to be encouraging more passive play.  They're trying to put out the fires after their most recent disaster 'dead eye' and if that isn't a clear indication of how little thought they put into actual gameplay nothing is.

Unfortunately WG seem to pay no attention to actual player feedback.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Members
949 posts
220 battles

When asked what tier to play, as a laugh I said boga-tier.  So my div bud and I re-brought the tier 3.  1st game was double CV and the Bogatyr has 0 AA.  The game was 0 fun.  

The game used to be fun.

• Cool 7

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts

One day WG in the Ivory Tower thought ok, we rework everything Toss old skills, toss the economies and so on.

Bring in and trumpet the possibilities of the new skills coming such as the rumored dead eye etc. The Thunderer was bought hand over fist. If WG wanted to remove that thing to encourage all of us to play DOY or something they miscalculated badly. Now you have 10 thunderers way back in the A row plinking. Poof delete crusiers all day sitting still.

I call this the happy time with Shima. Get inside the Thunderer Bar and throw down torps at 3 or 4 at the same time. When they detect the damn things it should giver me a Kraken and a few times ALMOST DID.

Why? They were being detected constantly until I closed from their own back row towards them closer to the middile and launch. It does not take a derp 2+2= enemy Shima behind you lobbing torps all night.

So three to six enemy BB's abandon the push along with two or more Cruisers all turn around and elbow one another to sink me in a corner here or a corner there. I find myself without support and hung on my own petard. Then salted and teased as a bad player. So they sank a annoying Shima 14 minutes into the midgame stage. Wonderful.

• Haha 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,480 posts

I'm still having fun playing this game, especially Ranked. In fact, I sort of wish it was less fun because I've got too much to do right now to be playing a video game.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Members
999 posts
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Sad to see this game like this, played DD's about 3 or 4 days ago lost 8 straight losses in a mixture of Tiers.

Yesterday had mixed day but lost way more then I won, last week was not any better if memory serves me, neither was the week before,.

I cant remember when I had a decent week in a long time, sure got the odd game here and there but really the game is getting worse.

Played DD's 1 win out 5, played Cruisers, 1 win out 4 I think might have been, tried BB's now so far 2 games all losses.

Had someone complaining in my last BB that the BB's were not doing enough, I'm in Kurfurst wanting to push and look at the mini map and everyone is scurrying to a island or running to the back of the map because they got there paint scratched.

I no Hindy is a ship that is good for kiting but come on the A Line is a bit much had 2 of them back there. 

Everyone else bar a couple is running trying to get there FAV hiding place so they can shoot behind islands.

Its no better in the mid Tiers  the players are new and learning ropes or they just don't care so just sail round firing blindly at a ship that is red instead of picking a damaged target to sink it, but no they fire half cross the map at full strength ships.

Due to massive efforts to change the game to make new CVs and subs 'fit'.   Nothing will happen for the better until Philip is removed from development, and that isnt happening anytime soon.

• Thanks 11

Members
449 posts
3 hours ago, tm63au said:

MM and RNG decide more games than player skill.   MM does not effectively "balance" ships because WOW refuses to admit that ships are inherently imbalanced, especially with power creep.  RNG is completely out of player control but RNG bias will align to give a win to a team often, as well. 

WOW would never admit this, and it would require access to the code concurrent with the live game play in question, but after years of play I see the RNG bias patterns.  I can often tell in the first 5 minutes, regardless deployment of ships, who will win based on how RNG bias (e.g. AA effectiveness/ineffectiveness on planes, fires caused/taken, plane strikes/misses, sigma, citadels, etc.) favors one team over the other.  What often ends up happening is RNG bias causes one team to take more damage early and players on that team adjust to play more cautiously, often by pulling/hanging back, which gives the impression players were passive/camping all along, which happens, too.  But, it was actually RNG bias that started it all. 

Regardless, once MM and/or RNG bias favor a team that team often wins.  Player skill is the variable with the least impact on game outcome in Random.  And, that's not fun.

It's obvious that WOW is not trying to make the game better, or more fun.  WOW's focus is to make the game more profitable.  WOW is run with a child mind.  It won't get better.

Edited by nhf
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 1

Members
209 posts
40 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Due to massive efforts to change the game to make new CVs and subs 'fit'.   Nothing will happen for the better until Philip is removed from development, and that isnt happening anytime soon.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Give the man a cigar! :Smile_medal:

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 4

[-TKS-]
Members
1,161 posts
9,149 battles

It's practically guaranteed that when someone comes in here and says this they have more than 20,000 battles.

Believe it or not OP, games actually do get boring after a while. I got done with counter-strike 4500 hours later. It's normal, it's natural; you can let go now of this game.

• Cool 2

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,154 battles
5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm still having fun playing this game, especially Ranked. In fact, I sort of wish it was less fun because I've got too much to do right now to be playing a video game.

We have to read what your definition of fun is??  Because, I haven't run into very many players that have said that...........in a very long time.   I am sure, some might like a one-sided game and some others that think this is a challenging game......  But, with COOP now having binary matches (either 2 against 7 or 9 against 9);  Randoms being a complete Cluster Pock;  Ranked..........oh crap, what a serious mess that is;  and, Scenarios having been neutered and some never put back in the game.......sigh:  Topped with a Skill Tree Change designed to destroy the game economy and make game play an "economic disadvantage" to all players........?????  Fun?  

How can I sell this to new players ??  I deleted what else I was going to say because it is moot now........  Choices have been made and a slow disintegration of what was is now................SNAP...............inevitable.....:cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,681 posts
18,256 battles

when are online games with pvp gametypes are ever fun to begin with? 

Members
486 posts

The game rewards camping at the back of the map, HE spamming behind islands and CVs. The children yelled the loudest and WG listened. For the rest of you ...well.... who cares lol

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
10 hours ago, tm63au said:

It's funny how the human recall works.

In the last 3 weeks, you've won 50.3% of your games, compared to a 52.5% overall.

Out of the 85 games played, you lost 2 more games than would be expected.

You've obviously had some decent days in there, and they were either very decent, or fairly frequent, to offset the loss streaks you're reporting.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
9 minutes ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

The children yelled the loudest and WG listened. 

I'm confused.

So you're saying that Deadeye is being removed because the children wanted it gone? So the children aren't the ones camping at the back?

• Thanks 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,480 posts
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

others that think this is a challenging game...

A lot of the newer ships are creating quite a challenge for me because I don't yet know their capabilities but that doesn't mean it's not fun playing against them. Most of the fun games provide for me is in the discovery of new things; that's one of the reasons why I still play WOWS. 

[SIM]
Members
5,886 posts
9,315 battles

Check back after they remove Deadeye. Right now the game is all passive BBs and DD heavy matches, with newly nerfed cruisers being expected to do a lot more than they really can. Once BBs are no longer incentivized to hide behind their spawn points then engagement distances should close and things should begin trending back to the old normal. 

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles
35 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Check back after they remove Deadeye. Right now the game is all passive BBs and DD heavy matches, with newly nerfed cruisers being expected to do a lot more than they really can. Once BBs are no longer incentivized to hide behind their spawn points then engagement distances should close and things should begin trending back to the old normal. 

I need a drink, I am agreeing with SkaerKrow

[BONKS]
Members
3,078 posts
52 battles

Nothing you can do about average player skill, it is a completely lost cause at this point.

Only thing you can do is improve yourself. Well, that or step away from the game.

• Thanks 2

[HINON]
Members
9,141 posts
13,592 battles
12 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm still having fun playing this game, especially Ranked.

ah, so you're a masochist? thats ok, i wont judge

Edited by tcbaker777

[NG-NL]
Members
438 posts
11,371 battles

It's okay to step away from a game. That's perfectly normal, and we won't blame you or think ill of you for doing so.

Find something that you enjoy doing. That's more healthy than continuing to spend your leisure time "playing" something that you don't enjoy.

• Cool 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,220 battles

You should start back at the basics, watch positioning carefully. Don't be the first to get to the front. practice aiming and know what enemy destroyers you can and can't kill.

Basically just watch a lot of videos of good players playing dd and emulate them.

• Boring 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles

Or just pray your CV is better if it is you win just as much

Banned
1,684 posts

When I first came to this game I was interested in doing damage , sinking ships , starting fires , earning ship Exp , advancing up the tech tree , Now with 138 ships in port The grind is over for me.

I have all the things I wanted to get from WG. Development has stagnated to the point of Boredom.

Somewhere around 6.0 I lost the drive. WG has failed to keep my gaming interested and engaging. Failed missions, stupid modes, countless blunders by the Accounting dept. Poor decisions by the Development dept. The destruction of the game economy.

I now play for the commander exp only it is the only constant I see as an improvement in the game. Albeit too expensive for what the player receives in return.

The ships they constantly introduce are forever impugning the previously introduced ships, forcing the purchase of the "Next Best Thing"

Those of you that still spend cash will always spend it. I hold no grudge towards you.

I stopped all cash flow except for premium time. {That is stopping soon as well}

War Gaming your Drive to make this a more profitable endeavor has gotten Boring and Predictable.

• Cool 4

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
3 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

As I recall, the old normal consisted of lots of b!tching about BBs hanging out in the back.

• Cool 1