Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IgnisFatuus

Battlecruisers and Fire

4 comments in this topic

[5D7]
Members
208 posts
8,860 battles

CBs should get some sort of compensation on the fire duration for the class as they have lost the fire DMG mitigation skills that were available to them. They don't have the stealth or the HP pools to deal with the HE spam that is characteristic of our server.

Just imagine fellow players 2 or even 3 fires in a row for 60 sec with a 60 to 70k HP pool. You are hurting real bad.

• Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,581 posts
31,379 battles
18 minutes ago, IgnisFatuus said:

CBs should get some sort of compensation on the fire duration for the class as they have lost the fire DMG mitigation skills that were available to them. They don't have the stealth or the HP pools to deal with the HE spam that is characteristic of our server.

Just imagine fellow players 2 or even 3 fires in a row for 60 sec with a 60 to 70k HP pool. You are hurting real bad.

I could see one of two ways to mitigate CB fire damage.

1. Reduce the base fire burn time for CBs down to 45 seconds from 60 seconds.

or

2. Put Fire Prevention into the cruiser skill tree.

Members
1,600 posts
2,011 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

1. Reduce the base fire burn time for CBs down to 45 seconds from 60 seconds.

or

2. Put Fire Prevention into the cruiser skill tree.

#2 is better, since we don't have to argue on what kind of ship KMS Graf Spee is or why Dunkerque gets the buff while Moskva doesn't, etc.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,169 posts
11,840 battles
7 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

#2 is better, since we don't have to argue on what kind of ship KMS Graf Spee is or why Dunkerque gets the buff while Moskva doesn't, etc.

In this game Dunkerque (like Hood) is classed as a BB rather than a cruiser, and, based on game mechanics, Moskva is a CA vs a CB that has always burned for 30s, so I don’t see the problem.

I don’t have a problem with Graf Spee being given the same type of mechanic interactions as CBs/supercruisers (which is what the OP is referring to when they say “battlecruisers”), because in the context of this game that’s pretty much what she is.

I do, however, agree with you that adding Fire Prevention back into the cruiser skill tree would probably be the best solution to the issues faced by these ships. Most of these ships are comparable in size to battleships at their tiers so being able to combine the two center fire zones under the superstructure is a big deal. Given the comparative strengths of most of these ships to their regular cruiser brethren, I also think that including such a “skill tax” isn’t necessarily a bad thing. At the same time, what @Crucis suggested of giving them all 45s fire duration (a. la Graf Spee) would suffice, and I expect is the more likely solution that WG would implement (to avoid the aforementioned “skill tax”) because apparently “build diversity” was the primary goal of the rework. :Smile_sceptic:

Yeah... I don’t buy that last bit either.

However, I fully expect WG to just claim “this is fine” and do absolutely nothing.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this