You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,825 posts
24,361 battles

Guns or torps????

How have you outfitted the ship mods/capt skills?

I've reset captain once.

Didn't like pure gun boat so I switched to a hybrid torps with just barely a gun boost.

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
3 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Guns or torps????

I've reset captain once.

Didn't like pure gun boat so I switched to a hybrid torps with just barely a gun boost.

Guns easy.... For its tier guns are meh But torps are beyond pathetic... Go guns...

• Boring 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,287 posts
13,784 battles
8 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Guns or torps????

I've reset captain once.

I don’t have it but I’ve been watching a lot of vids. I’d probably take the reload/aa buff captain skill along with one or two of the torp ones. The tough choice I think is in modules. The torps are short range but have good speed concealment and damage. I’d probably take module for guns reload though

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[NG-NL]
Members
440 posts
11,425 battles
16 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Guns easy.... For its tier guns are meh But torps are beyond pathetic... Go guns...

I'm not close to getting the ZF-6 yet, but it's fun to be excited about it.
What captain skills are you using on the ship? Have you tried either Extra-Heavy AP Shells or Main Battery / AA Expert?

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
2 hours ago, imaginary_b said:

I'm not close to getting the ZF-6 yet, but it's fun to be excited about it.
What captain skills are you using on the ship? Have you tried either Extra-Heavy AP Shells or Main Battery / AA Expert?

Cpt skills depends on how you play the ship in a match...This ship though its a gun dominate ship.you might like to say go with consumable and survivability build.

I really have to test her out in battle... I am just not sure with combination suits me right with my play style.

One thing for sure... Dont spec for torps.

Members
104 posts
1,486 battles

I just got ZF-6, and I'm considering this build: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PGSD529&modules=11111&upgrades=141221&commander=PCW001&skills=4348469&ar=100&consumables=11111&pos=0

It's a little weird. But it's optimized for balanced DPM:

* MAAS instead of FB to acknowledge that I'll likely be in smoke

* Heavy AP shells because it's just a 7.5% DPM boost

I played her today without the turret traverse Upgrade, but it just wouldn't work for me (similar to Mogador... I need both GtG and the Upgrade). So that does dictate a lot of the skills to take.

I tend to focus on ambushing and killing other DDs. But that means I'm a low-damage player. This build is here to be a hybrid of the DD hunting build (where I'd likely get FB instead of MAAS) and full-farming (where with Pyro and Superintendent).

So there we go... Optimized both for shooting from smoke and killing DDs. With a single concession to gimmicks.

ZF-6 is a blank canvas. Not in the way Fletcher is, which is more focused on overall versatility, but in that the Z doesn't truly excel anywhere. Her gun DPM isn't all that good, and her AP doesn't redeem her against her destroyers. Her torps aren't long-enough range to truly influence a game. She doesn't have defensive gimmicks such as hydro. Her smoke isn't great.

So it's all about the player figuring out how to make her play. She'll be a good ship if I'm having a good game. If I'm not, she may not be as meaningful as a Mogador or a Fletcher can be in a game. I think that's fine; I don't mind a boat that's a little more challenging and it'll feel all the more satisfying!

[-MN-]
Members
110 posts
5,371 battles
On 4/18/2021 at 12:43 AM, dEsTurbed1 said:

Guns or torps????

I've reset captain once.

I was using full gun build, but now I went kind a hybrid one.

DPM is low, but not with Reload Booster. So, when fighting other DDs, i use MBRB. And, spam a lot of torpedoes. 

image.png.97c81b941dd833b54e6d3dab4c073c5a.png

image.png.77c966e86e4df3555e8c4c67988d1df2.png

On 4/18/2021 at 12:48 AM, Navalpride33 said:

Sure, they are short ranged, but... I try to use torps all the time against other DDs, including smoke clouds. So, 76 reload on fast, hard hitting torps is very nice.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,635 posts
14,757 battles

Hey

I would have liked to have gotten the ZF6 but unfortunately a household move didn't allow me to play much.  It seems like she is a pretty decent DD overall and been a tough opponent when up against it.

Pete