You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lt_Walke

Has anyone looked at the Tier 10 Elbing yet?

11 comments in this topic

[BEAVR]
[BEAVR]
Beta Testers
25 posts
21,002 battles

I have ground the Tier 9 Schultz to 240k Exp in prep for the Tier 10 Elbing. And I can say that I am not impressed with what I am seeing. The info I find on the WoWS Wiki states the Elbing is hillarious to say the least, Among other things it states that the Elbing has better than average Torpedo range (8.01km) The Kleber, Marceau, and Khaberosk do not constitute more then half the tier 10 DDs. Rudder shift on par with a BB? What in the ever loving .........? This ship is a giant Pig, The Shultz is bad, cant out spot any DDs (except the fast russian or french) Cant out gun any DDs at all (its HE is limper than a wet noodle and RoF is pathetic, (the schultz gets gunned down by Yugumo's) The Torpedoes are also so slow the next rack is loaded before the first rack goes to range, you cant dual DDs or even scare them if your torps have to launch a half hour before the enemy DD is spotted.

To try and offset the dificiencies of the Tier 9 I am running full concealment build with the 5% ROF increase 3pt skill, the 4 pointskill for secondaries that increases RoF of main batteries  (+3% worsening of detection though, bringing it to 6.8km) The torps are only good in denial.  I rely on friendly DDs and radar cruisers to give me a chance .......

What do the rest of you think.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TF-68]
Members
34 posts
8,274 battles

Spot on. The ship has no unique ability there's nothing special about it therefore it has no place in the game. It's not a cruiser killer it's not A dd hunter it excels at nothing.

• Meh 2

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,049 posts
27,727 battles

I dont think we are meant to play Schultz like the DDs we are used to. It's a new style of gun boat destroyer. Not saying it's great but it's not horrible either. It's just a matter of getting the hang of the new playstyle.

• Cool 1

Members
1,579 posts
2,011 battles
2 hours ago, Lt_Walke said:

What do the rest of you think.

You ground out the new DD line, you realized they are :etc_swear:...why are you still grinding?

• Meh 1

[BEAVR]
[BEAVR]
Beta Testers
25 posts
21,002 battles

I treat it as a Cruiser killer problem is that as a DD you still need to fufill the DD roll, the Haragumo, Kleber, Khaba etc can work the DDs that overtake them. This thing cant get away (no speed boost), cant gun them down (DPM is too low), Cant torp them (they are so slow unless enemy screws up you wont hit them), and cant detect them the Detection so bad.,

[BEAVR]
[BEAVR]
Beta Testers
25 posts
21,002 battles
On 4/17/2021 at 10:49 PM, black_hull4 said:

You ground out the new DD line, you realized they are :etc_swear:...why are you still grinding?

I grind all the tier 10s out. Helps me understand the ships better when facing them as well. This is the only tech tree line I dont have a tier 10 in yet.

[GC]
Alpha Tester
949 posts
4,370 battles

Selfish damage farmer of no particular value to its team apart from that one specific job. It cannot perform any of the traditional destroyer roles while taking up a place that might otherwise be filled by a ship that can.

--Helms

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TF-O7]
Members
62 posts
5,792 battles

Looking at the shells and torps.. it looks to be in line with the new DD line.

Torps, 90 seconds reload, 16533 damage, 13.5 km but a speed of 50 knots ..  that speed is sad.

Guns - 150mm - 13.3 KM range, 7.5 reload, the velocity of 960

HE - 150mm 8% fire chance with 1700 damage, 38mm AP.  This is typical of KM DD HE.

AP -  4100 damage.

Ship hull - 30,000 HP

Speed of 36.2 knots

No Hydro ...  but smoke.

I guess this is going to be a "we will see" moment.  I personally like the new KM DD line.  I do NOT like the KM DD HE.

[SOFOP]
Members
2 posts
11,375 battles

I’ve played 25 games in the Shultz. 65%wr

Shultz requires a unique approach. I can push caps. I can spot. I can push flanks...Shultz is very comfortable on the flanks. It can outgun enemy DDs. But not at 7km....it needs to fight enemy DDs from about 11-13km. It’s guns are incredibly accurate. They do a lot of damage when they hit...and they always hit for me. You can pepper opponents from 11-13km ,while active maneuvering, and most players CANNOT HIT YOU BACK. That’s the secret to this ship.

Torps need to be fired at clusters of ships. Don’t get Shultz for the torps. 

Shultz is only a bad teammate...if it’s driver is a bad teammate.

Can’t wait for Elbing.

Edited by Dirk_Manhattan
Spelling
  • Cool 2

[M-T-B]
Members
115 posts
9,185 battles
On 4/27/2021 at 12:18 PM, crazynewt76 said:

Looking at the shells and torps.. it looks to be in line with the new DD line.

Torps, 90 seconds reload, 16533 damage, 13.5 km but a speed of 50 knots ..  that speed is sad.

Guns - 150mm - 13.3 KM range, 7.5 reload, the velocity of 960

HE - 150mm 8% fire chance with 1700 damage, 38mm AP.  This is typical of KM DD HE.

AP -  4100 damage.

Ship hull - 30,000 HP

Speed of 36.2 knots

No Hydro ...  but smoke.

I guess this is going to be a "we will see" moment.  I personally like the new KM DD line.  I do NOT like the KM DD HE.

Sounds like it takes a lot of thinking.  The players who seem to know what the new line is about insinuate it's the thinking man's/women's DD line. Wouldn't it be something if the German's became known as the "thinking man's " line.  Nerf that !!!  LOL

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
126 posts
10,519 battles

It does take some thinking. I hated the 37 at first until I watched a couple of videos on YouTube.  This line has now become one of my favorites. 

If you play this line like a traditional DD you’re playing it wrong. Don’t cap right off the bat. Wait until later in the game when the craziness around the caps dies off. Support other DDs at the cap. Use the slow torps for area denial. Ignore the HE. This line is all about its AP rounds. You’ll get citadels on cruisers. 

Think of yourself as a light cruiser with good AP, better concealment, and no citadel to worry about. Shoot at distracted targets or other targets of opportunity. When they start to focus on you go dark. You will rack up the damage and get kills. 

On the live server I’m only on the GJ but I play the Schultz and Elbing on the test server every chance I get. Trenlass on YouTube has a lot of good videos on playing the Elbing.