Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
brewakeg

Better Dockyard Rewards (TY WOW)

15 comments in this topic

Members
373 posts
11,678 battles

I have to say the rewards for each phase of the Dockyard is a cut above what I remember in the past, and light years above the Italian Battleships rewards. 

Even if you don't intend to get the ship at the end, you can score some great rewards along the way.   

Maybe they listened to all the complaints about the Italian BB rewards ??   lol

Here they are:

WOW_Dockyard_GermanDD.JPG

• Meh 3

[KWF]
Members
6,583 posts
7,205 battles

Dunno, compared to previous events from what I know they are relatively weak.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
8,850 posts
25,182 battles

Haven't seen any listing for what's in the 5 gift containers...anybody know?

[X-M-S]
Members
293 posts
4,573 battles
5 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Haven't seen any listing for what's in the 5 gift containers...anybody know?

I'm not sure but I think it was 5 special signals?  As I recall it was a few flags.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
8,850 posts
25,182 battles
5 minutes ago, Bomont said:

I'm not sure but I think it was 5 special signals?  As I recall it was a few flags.

TY

25 assorted draconics in groups of 5  for the 5 containers (ain't paying doubs to get the other 5)... can't complain about that...

Will see how much time I have to grind out the last week's missions.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[DMGS]
Members
174 posts
7,250 battles
2 minutes ago, Bomont said:

This. 5 randomly chosen special economy signals. Seems a bit overkill considering previous stages reward plenty of those.

Honestly, I liked the Hizen rewards better. It got you 3 ships total all phases. This time the only thing that sticks out for me is the 200k elite XP and that motherload of coal. Just doesn’t get me excited enough to be honest.

[BTLST]
Members
308 posts
7,243 battles
19 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Dunno, compared to previous events from what I know they are relatively.

Just keep in mind that you'll need to spend doubloons to unlock steps 20 and above.

• Thanks 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,536 posts
12,918 battles

Free is free whatever they give me I will gladly  take . 

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
337 posts
5,385 battles

It says on the portal " If you complete the construction of flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887IX ZF-6 by spending Doubloons, make sure to keep completing Dockyard combat missions—each phase will bring you 3,000 Coal and 200 Steel. "

You can only progress through 19 out of 22 shipbuilding phases without spending doubloons. You can only complete the dockyard by purchasing the last three phases.  So by reading the details we can get 9k coal and 600 steel (3 phases at 300 coal and 200 steel per).

[SLDS]
Members
144 posts
8,437 battles
14 minutes ago, wooserloop said:

It says on the portal " If you complete the construction of flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887IX ZF-6 by spending Doubloons, make sure to keep completing Dockyard combat missions—each phase will bring you 3,000 Coal and 200 Steel. "

You can only progress through 19 out of 22 shipbuilding phases without spending doubloons. You can only complete the dockyard by purchasing the last three phases.  So by reading the details we can get 9k coal and 600 steel (3 phases at 300 coal and 200 steel per).

That’s not how it works. Any dockyard stages you earn AFTER You get the ZF-6 will get you those rewards (note the “if” and “keep” in the wording). It’s something they like to do with dockyards to encourage people to buy it early by making it so that each stage they earn by grinding after buying the stages for the ship isn’t a waste because they get something extra, for this one coal and steel. 

Edited by Shadow_Woof

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,953 posts

Coal and especially steel is what matters here this year.

Ive learned to spend 50K coal now and then to carry enough economic flags to get through the months gaming without having to pay very much for them anymore.

[WOLFD]
Members
865 posts
2 hours ago, brewakeg said:

I have to say the rewards for each phase of the Dockyard is a cut above what I remember in the past, and light years above the Italian Battleships rewards. 

Even if you don't intend to get the ship at the end, you can score some great rewards along the way.   

Maybe they listened to all the complaints about the Italian BB rewards ??   lol

Here they are:

WOW_Dockyard_GermanDD.JPG

These rewards are SO, SO.  3,000,000 credits is really not that much.  In the number of games it takes me to earn tier 5 I will have earned well more than 3 mill in credits.  The real issue is the average, casual player will never be able to complete this event.  It is not designed for us, so not real need for me or others to even bother trying.  WG makes content for the best of the best players, which is OK, it is s turn off for many other players.

I completed the pearl event for the Kamikaze R, which took almost to the very last day to do it.  I player tons more than I do normally and in the end I got a good ship.  With this I know even do that will not earn me the ship, I will never be able to complete all the steps, so why even start?  If I get something along the way, OK, but it is in no way worth the effort to go hole hog, as I would not finish the mission in time anyways. 

[X-M-S]
Members
293 posts
4,573 battles

It's always nice to get some freebies.  These are all nice things to get, but it doesn't entice me to focus on them for goals.  I won't be checking progress regularly, or changing ships/battle types to focus on getting the next phase done.  For me personally, other dockyards have been better rewards.  

I don't have lots of premium ships.  I think the previous dockyard events had mid-tier premiums half to 2/3 of the way.  Those were goals I would try to hit.  This time I'm at a point that I think I could complete the event, but I'm not inclined to spend the doubloons to do so.  I'm not willing to spend the doubloons for every event, so I think I'll wait and see if another dockyard gives better rewards.  My perception is that this one is worse than the previous dockyard events.

[ARGSY]
Members
762 posts
11,546 battles

One of the past ones gave up the Graf Spee for free about midway through. That is about the best that I have ever gotten. Most of the other free premiums have been fairly meh. Not the Spee though. A very good boat. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,500 posts
26,059 battles

I am in the camp of 'it's relatively weaker' than the last several dockyards.  The dragon flags are nice, but there are no ships or steel this time through.  Plus the cost in dubs is just a little bit higher than past dockyards (someone else posted in these those numbers).

For me, I did buy the 2 booster packs just to get the extra coal and steel.  There are a few ships in WIP that seem interesting and I might want to get them.  However, I will not buy any more individual phases. 

WG is trending towards cheaper and cheaper rewards for everything, from dockyards to events to daily rewards (less coal on average is dropping in the daily containers).

Sign in to follow this