You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

The Comeback: 1 month review

12 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Banned
1,225 posts

so the last 6 weeks have been lots of fun, started out with a heart attack, then managed to have a minor stroke. And with the recovery and the covid lockdowns, the best way to put in time has been to come back to playing with little boats, after walking away with the 8.0 updates.

I'm still not very good, But I'm finding lots of fun, playing boats I didn't play before, and grinding 3 new DD lines.
And here are my observations after 1 month of playing again.

1. The match making in rank is broken. why does it put the highest ranked silver players on a team with gold ranked players, and fill the other side with all low ranked silver players? no wonder the battles are blowouts.
2. CV's aren't awful to play against, but I see the same problems as the old CV's, a good pilot on one team can dominate the battle. A poor cv will still put their team at such a disadvantage that you can't win.
3. why do Battleships go backwards from the spawn? what ever changed in the game to make BB's run away from the battle field needs to be fixed. its not fun or entertaining to see ships as far apart from each other as the map will allow.
4. Inflation? have the prices for everything gone up? 

5. The Captain rework, I know its been said before, but its been kinda an expensive nightmare to fix my captains that have had their skills "changed". I'm not sure when this change happened, or what was really in the change, but some of my captains have lost skills or have the wrong skills now. Its been a mess to fix as I play different boats.

Over all, I have been having a great time since coming back. I try not to stress, I try to play well (sometimes it doesn't work) I'm trying to get gud! I think taking a break, and getting away from the drama for a bit has made a big difference. Ignoring the chat for the most part has made the game more enjoyable, and playing to have fun and not just to win has improved my out look on the whole game. 
I have at least another month of R&R before the Doc will consider letting me go back to work, so I will see you on the high seas Captains! 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,924 posts
5,022 battles

I wish you a speedy and thorough recovery and happy sailing.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,110 posts
13,462 battles

Matchmaking in ranked, Gold players can normally only play with silver qualifier players. Need a screenshot of the broken matchmaking. Should never be an instance where silver non-qualifier ranked players can see gold players.

[NOBS]
Banned
1,225 posts
6 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Matchmaking in ranked, Gold players can normally only play with silver qualifier players. Need a screenshot of the broken matchmaking. Should never be an instance where silver non-qualifier ranked players can see gold players.

That might be what it is, this new sprint rank is new to me, I'm just going by the little badges next to the names at the end of the battle. That would explain why I only see them on the winning team
I bet they have just ranked out to gold, and thats what I see

Edited by Capt_h2o

[V_V_V]
Members
1,151 posts
18,258 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

so the last 6 weeks have been lots of fun, started out with a heart attack, then managed to have a minor stroke. And with the recovery and the covid lockdowns, the best way to put in time has been to come back to playing with little boats, after walking away with the 8.0 updates.

Please permit me-having had my own heart attack, plus other debilitating medical conditions, etc., here is my read of your post:

This is how you "recover"?  Seriously, just stop "Observing" (see your text wall focusing 5 bullets, stress, drama, and chat remarks above).  For being only 1 month back in the Game, it appears to me that you're venting full steam whilst headed back on a collision course to Stress Island.  No I'm not a doctor, but I've had the pain.  Please, just play, enjoy this pixel game and be well.  I'm going to go take my meds now...

• Meh 1

[NOBS]
Banned
1,225 posts
13 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

Please permit me-having had my own heart attack, plus other debilitating medical conditions, etc., here is my read of your post:

This is how you "recover"?  Seriously, just stop "Observing" (see your text wall focusing 5 bullets, stress, drama, and chat remarks above).  For being only 1 month back in the Game, it appears to me that you're venting full steam whilst headed back on a collision course to Stress Island.  No I'm not a doctor, but I've had the pain.  Please, just play, enjoy this pixel game and be well.  I'm going to go take my meds now...

seems you are the one stressing if you think this is a complaint thread, you are way off base with your "Obsevations"

[WPORT]
Members
10,953 posts
15,451 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

I'm still not very good, But I'm finding lots of fun, playing boats I didn't play before, and grinding 3 new DD lines.

Over all, I have been having a great time since coming back. I try not to stress, I try to play well (sometimes it doesn't work) I'm trying to get gud! I think taking a break, and getting away from the drama for a bit has made a big difference. Ignoring the chat for the most part has made the game more enjoyable, and playing to have fun and not just to win has improved my out look on the whole game. 
I have at least another month of R&R before the Doc will consider letting me go back to work, so I will see you on the high seas Captains! 

Welcome back.
Good luck in your health recovery process.
Hope to see you on the virtual seas.  :-)

[V_V_V]
Members
1,151 posts
18,258 battles
8 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

seems you are the one stressing if you think this is a complaint thread, you are way off base with your "Obsevations"

Nope, I just know a thirsty horse when I see one.

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
2 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

And here are my observations after 1 month of playing again.

1. The match making in rank is broken. why does it put the highest ranked silver players on a team with gold ranked players, and fill the other side with all low ranked silver players? no wonder the battles are blowouts.
2. CV's aren't awful to play against, but I see the same problems as the old CV's, a good pilot on one team can dominate the battle. A poor cv will still put their team at such a disadvantage that you can't win.
3. why do Battleships go backwards from the spawn? what ever changed in the game to make BB's run away from the battle field needs to be fixed. its not fun or entertaining to see ships as far apart from each other as the map will allow.
4. Inflation? have the prices for everything gone up? 

5. The Captain rework, I know its been said before, but its been kinda an expensive nightmare to fix my captains that have had their skills "changed". I'm not sure when this change happened, or what was really in the change, but some of my captains have lost skills or have the wrong skills now. Its been a mess to fix as I play different boats.

Welcome back

Members
1,121 posts
3 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

if you notice the spawn in ranked is tight ..add in the fact that some people sit there and wait for other people to move and they dont ...its easier and better to reverse and turn at the same time pointing my guns where i want them to be ...so im in position and ready to shoot before some people even have a clue as to what they want to do ....and then listen to some players cry about how im going backwards and its an automatic loss is hysterical...

a better question to address would be why do all the good players on the team get deleted in less than 8 minutes ???

would be nice to have an additional good player near  the  end of the game ..but they got themselves all shot up and rolled early... 

ships do have reverse nothing in the rules that says forward only....

Members
3,492 posts
7,106 battles
3 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

Thats the spirit.....take your health seriously over and above WOWs present conditions as they affect you.   It's good to take that break so that an appropriate change of perspective appears and see now what makes you happier and more appreciative of your journey back to normality.   Once you go back to work I hope this welcome change will be practiced in your normal chores and responsibilities of work. 

Anyways...welcome back and it's good to see you coming back to full health......