You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Game stalls and doesn't join on battle load in

24 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,579 battles

I had thought it might be from some issue with a mod, but I'm hearing more and more people reporting the issue. Anyone else seeing it too? Happens about 20% of matches for me, since the patch this week. I just quickly give the game a hard shut down and rejoin. Fortunately the SSD is fast enough I usually only miss 30 seconds if I see the problem soon enough. 

As soon as I notice I don't get the "start battle" button (which usually pops up around 26-30 seconds before match starts,) I have gotten "stuck" and just restart it.

Yes, I've restarted my computer and done a check & repair...

[KIA-C]
Members
8 posts
19,950 battles

Yup, seems to happen to me for the first battle after I log in.  Never had this kind of hangup before.

[PVE]
Members
1,585 posts
44,183 battles

Sometimes it takes over 1min. for me to get in the game.

Edited by cecill611

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

Same story here. It also kicks me out to log screen. Super annoying to load 4-5 minutes late into an already lost match.

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,579 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Same story here. It also kicks me out to log screen. Super annoying to load 4-5 minutes late into an already lost match.

Interesting... The first two times I waited a bit, but gave up after a few mins and did a hard shut down and restart... Now I give it the hard shutdown pretty fast. I hope WG identifies the cause and fixes it soon. 

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
2,189 posts
31,020 battles
20 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Interesting... The first two times I waited a bit, but gave up after a few mins and did a hard shut down and restart... Now I give it the hard shutdown pretty fast. I hope WG identifies the cause and fixes it soon. 

If you are running any mods that could be the issue.....it was for me.

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,579 battles
4 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

Are you sure? There been lots of reports by people who aren't running any mods that all who are having issues, and when I did try to troubleshoot some of the things that I thought might be in the mob which could cause it, I would get lucky and have eight battles in a row without a problem, and then it would just start acting up again. So if you disable mods, which one(s) do you think it was?

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
2,189 posts
31,020 battles
8 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Are you sure? There been lots of reports by people who aren't running any mods that all who are having issues, and when I did try to troubleshoot some of the things that I thought might be in the mob which could cause it, I would get lucky and have eight battles in a row without a problem, and then it would just start acting up again. So if you disable mods, which one(s) do you think it was?

After I tried reinstalling the whole game and then reinstalled Aslain's mods this issue kept coming up.  So I again reinstalled the whole game but this time tried it without any mods and the game ran fine.  I then added Modstation mods (actually the same few mods I was using with Aslain's) and have had no troubles since.  I think it was one of the Aslains mods that caused it for some reason. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
17 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

I had issues running vanilla too, first log after the patch was a pain, it took about 20 minutes and 3-4 attempts before finally login. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles
2 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

After I tried reinstalling the whole game and then reinstalled Aslain's mods this issue kept coming up.  So I again reinstalled the whole game but this time tried it without any mods and the game ran fine.  I then added Modstation mods (actually the same few mods I was using with Aslain's) and have had no troubles since.  I think it was one of the Aslains mods that caused it for some reason. 

Could be.  I am running Aslains mods and only had one issue for the first game I logged into. Since then its been fine.  Mind who knows if we ran the same mods

[WOLFC]
Members
153 posts
12,174 battles

I don't run mods, but go thru Steam. Since the update I often have problems just getting the game to login. I've verified integrity and restarted PC several times, but like this morning, it just sits at synchronizing and spinning. This is good though, instead of sitting on my duff playing, I am forced to go outside so thanks for the update!

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
2,189 posts
31,020 battles
36 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Could be.  I am running Aslains mods and only had one issue for the first game I logged into. Since then its been fine.  Mind who knows if we ran the same mods

Yep...I know a guy who has had no problems at all with Aslain's but three others that did.  But as you said, who knows if we are running the same mods. 

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,579 battles
59 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

Yep...I know a guy who has had no problems at all with Aslain's but three others that did.  But as you said, who knows if we are running the same mods. 

There's a thread on EU forums about it: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/149446-constant-client-freezes-when-entering-battle/

Also a thread on Aslain's about it: https://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/18600-battle-not-loading-after-playing-first-game/

So far with all reports it seems entirely random as to what's causing it, but evidently it was happening in the 10.3 PTS server as well, so that was obviously w/o any mods.

Edited by TheArc

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,939 battles

I had this problem until i turned the ship contours in aslains mod off. That seemed to fix it for me. 

Until i did that i had this issue.

Members
1,127 posts

stay on the load in page until the game is over to avoid the three game pink slip...then shut down your puter...also noticed if i am reading the forums for a while then jump into a game sometimes that happens ,,,

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,579 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

I had this problem until i turned the ship contours in aslains mod off. That seemed to fix it for me. 

Until i did that i had this issue.

Well... I don't use ship contours. I did turn off 2 things and had 7 matches in a row, then it happened again. It seems to be entirely random unfortunately.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,939 battles
6 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Well... I don't use ship contours. I did turn off 2 things and had 7 matches in a row, then it happened again. It seems to be entirely random unfortunately.

Yikes. 

Now i'm wondering if I've just gotten lucky. 

I feel pretty awful when it happened to me, especially in ranked where one ship out is a pretty bad setback. 

Not to mention being reported for afk.

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,579 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

Now i'm wondering if I've just gotten lucky. I feel pretty awful when it happened to me, especially in ranked where one ship out is a pretty bad setback.  Not to mention being reported for afk.

I didn't play ranked til today b/c of the issue. Fortunately with my SSD, if I quit out as soon as I think its happened and close the game and rejoin, I get back within about 40 seconds... so I haven't been reported as AFK yet and when I get back and say "sorry crashed on load" folks haven't griped. But for anyone without an SSD I would think that ranked is HIGH risk stuff if this is happening to them.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,916 posts

I usually load into the game on my stack of 6 SSD's in raid 5. Give or take 28 seconds until game map begin at 00:00

In games without these clocks at map start I would usually have captured one or two conquest map bases before more than two or three of enemy team has finished loading to their capacity of 64 or whatever players on their team count.

Future SSD's will read and write generations faster than I do currently and will be only faster now and into the future. My current ones are not slow, but they are getting rather long in tooth.

Once or twice a year the computer will completely dump the program usually in a CB, Ranked etc. I now can boot to desktop in 34 seconds, load game to port in 48 or so and be back in my ship as long it's prior to map ending time conditions. As if nothing happened and no penalty.

Edited by xHeavy

[BB_B]
Members
104 posts
1,200 battles

I was getting dropped mid-battle and the solution that worked for me was to upgrade my 5+ year old 8x4 modem to a new 24x8 modem.  The problem disappeared and hasn't happened since.  I use Cox Cable internet only since it is the fastest in my area.  Mine was a simple fix, my download/upload speed increased and my streaming has also improved as well, no more buffering!!   So, you may want to look at the simple things first.  Just a thought.

[UNC]
Members
970 posts
6,563 battles

I was having this problem until I uninstalled a minimap mod that I had been using.  I'm afraid I can't recall the name of it now, but so far after removal the game has loaded normally.  Only a few games so far, but the results seem promising.  Will update if anything goes sideways.

[DEV_X]
Members
62 posts
6,884 battles

Had the same issue until I reinstalled Aslains with the newest one. That seemed to fix the issue for me.