Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
engineerboy

Losing credits playing Roon

8 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
20 posts
4,449 battles

Hello,

I know I'm going to get flamed on this but, here it goes; I'm losing about 35K/battle since I got the Roon.  Maybe it started sooner in the Hipper and I didn't notice since I was focused on XP to get enough to research the Roon.  So, either I've got to start sinking 4+ ships/game and getting 100K+ in damage or I'm done at T9 cruiser in the German line.

Thoughts, flames, etc.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,075 posts
22,332 battles

As you go up the tiers, expenses go up exponentially. This is Wargaming's way to - 'encourage' the sale of their actual product, the product they make money on - doubloons, premium time premium ships, high tier permacamos. Wargaming is a for-profit company with expenses. Wouldn't be much reason for players to spend money if everything was readily and easily available for free, would it.

Four possible solutions:

1. Play better. Your income is a result of how well you do, and it's possible though difficult to turn even at high tier for FTP players.
  2. Spend money. Get premium time, premium ships, things like that. Don't directly buy credits or exchange doubloons for credits, that's a terrible value.
  3. Stack economic signal flags. There are those that boost credit income and reduce service cost.
  4. Play lower tiers, where the expenses are a lot more manageable.

Or a combination thereof, of course. Premium ships have a baked in credit income boost. Whether you survive the battle at full hp or get sunk does not affect service cost.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
30 minutes ago, engineerboy said:

Hello,

I know I'm going to get flamed on this but, here it goes; I'm losing about 35K/battle since I got the Roon.  Maybe it started sooner in the Hipper and I didn't notice since I was focused on XP to get enough to research the Roon.  So, either I've got to start sinking 4+ ships/game and getting 100K+ in damage or I'm done at T9 cruiser in the German line.

Thoughts, flames, etc.

So Roon is Roon-ing your credit score?

T9 is where the steady credit loss w/out camo begins w/out an above average game...T10 w/out camo will drain you fast if you're not getting steady good games...& then you're just breaking even.

It's the "pay to advance" model to incentive camo &/or premium time purchases...or to get you to play a lot more middle tier games to finance your higher tier games (either 1 is a win for WG...but it's not a WG exclusive...many F2P games use the same model to get you to pay to"ease the grind").

Best advice is to drop back to lower tiers & run at least a couple/few more lines up to T7 or T8 to get more practice in...thus allowing you to perform better at the higher tiers & at least break even if not actually gain a few duckets each battle.

Actually best to run many lines to T7 before jumping into battles where you see T10s on a regular basis.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Thanks 2

[CVLUL]
Members
5,454 posts
12,580 battles

In my experience, the best paying option is to just get premium time. It says "50% increase to earned credits" but realistically it is more than this because of ship running costs.

If you have a ship run cost of 90k, and earn 100k credits on a standard account that battle, your take home credits is 10k. With premium time your take home credits becomes 60k, or 6x in this case what you would have 'earned' normally.

Of course this is an extreme case when you are barely above run costs or even below. If you earn much more in excess, like 90k cost and earn like 300 or 400k credits, premium time would only add 150k or 200k respectively to a take home of 210k or 310k, so like 2/3rd addition.

Non paying, as said your options are to play some of the freely given/earned premium ships, ships you do well in or ships in lower tier. You may also find some value in selling ships or old ship modules in the inventory tab, like ship A hulls and other stock pieces, but this is more delaying the inevitable.

[-VT-]
Members
868 posts
37,977 battles

I will echo Lert and the others above.

And then I will be more direct and obnoxious....

If you plan to play tier 8+ then you would be stupid to not have a premium account.

It costs just $10 a month.

It will save you a HUGE amount of time in the game from the 'extra' experience and credits gained with said account.

Is WoWs F2P?  Yes.  But if you want to explore all it has to offer then you have to play those upper tiers.  You will spend countless more hours grinding without a premium account than you will with one.  You do the math.  I did and it was crazy.

So...many folks insist on not having premium.  That is their decision.  Me, I value my time at far more than they value theirs ~OR~ I just play more.

If you play 10 games a month.  A MONTH.  Then you should have a premium account.  The math backs it up.

Fwiw, I'll play 10 games in 3 days or less.  Easy decision for me.

[DOG]
Members
20 posts
4,449 battles

Thank you all for your advice.  I do have Premium and still losing credits so, this means I suck at this game, for now.  I also have some premium ships and yes, I do use them  for the credit farming.  So, I will continue to grind other lines and I'll get better.

Thanks again for all the advice.  It's much appreciated.

o7

[-MN-]
Members
107 posts
5,367 battles
2 hours ago, engineerboy said:

Thank you all for your advice.  I do have Premium and still losing credits so, this means I suck at this game, for now.  I also have some premium ships and yes, I do use them  for the credit farming.  So, I will continue to grind other lines and I'll get better.

o7

Nice! For this, there is good advice here:

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
5 hours ago, engineerboy said:

o7

Grats on the wisdom to take the advice...& good hunting out there.

2 hours ago, lbfreitasBR said:

I was just gonna tag UltimateNewbie into the thread... Ninja'd

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this