Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Benjammn79

New Ops needed

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

155
[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
403 posts
3,176 battles

Maybe it's just me, but I really wish they would bring out more operations and at different tiers.  I loved the Cherry Blossom (I think that's what it was called) and the Dunkirk one.  But those went away with the CV re-fubar because of the AA nerf nukage.  I really like the operations.  I think it's a nice break from the grindiness of randoms (or even co-ops).  I know you can division up and play whichever one you want, but it's still the same handful and the same tiers.  I think a lower tier operation would be awesome for new players.

  • Cool 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,452
[SR-_-]
Members
4,952 posts
46,489 battles
22 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I really wish they would bring out more operations and at different tiers.  I loved the Cherry Blossom (I think that's what it was called) and the Dunkirk one.  But those went away with the CV re-fubar because of the AA nerf nukage.  I really like the operations.  I think it's a nice break from the grindiness of randoms (or even co-ops).  I know you can division up and play whichever one you want, but it's still the same handful and the same tiers.  I think a lower tier operation would be awesome for new players.

Yeah, Cherry Blossom was nice. New OPs could be called Orange Blossom, Death Blossom, Bloomin' Onion(Outback's lawyers would like to speak with you Steel, outback.), Raging Blossom, Strawberry Blossom, Raspberry Blossom, Mushroom Blossom, Blossom versus Six, and the Blossom of Dangerous Curves.

Maybe add OPs called "A Fistful of Yamatos", "The Magnificent Seven Colorados", "Texas last stand", "12 o' clock High", "Gunfight at the BB Corral", "Torpedoes, Torpedoes, Torpedoes", "Pew, Pew, Cruisers", "Trafalgar 2.0", "More Better Battle of Jutland", "Father Goose" (You have to escort all the AL/ARP/HSF ships to a safe port while dealing with their enemies. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it for all Weeb kind." "Ragtag Fleet" after the bots slaughtered everyone in Randoms, you lead the few players that are left to safety through troubled waters and misadventures. This sounds too familiar, but the idea was submitted by a player named Cyrus Long. 

*hears a clarinet playing in the battleground...that sounds familiar......

 

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,452 posts

I head the horns of Gabriel from Legion. That's something they should add when you think you got the mission won and then spring a vast fleet to remind you , youre mortal.
They need to make the sky darken nad lightning strike then The horns :cap_horn:...
Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,107
[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles
1 hour ago, Benjammn79 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I really wish they would bring out more operations and at different tiers.  I loved the Cherry Blossom (I think that's what it was called) and the Dunkirk one.  But those went away with the CV re-fubar because of the AA nerf nukage.  I really like the operations.  I think it's a nice break from the grindiness of randoms (or even co-ops).  I know you can division up and play whichever one you want, but it's still the same handful and the same tiers.  I think a lower tier operation would be awesome for new players.

I share the sentiment.
I'd like to have a revival of Scenario Operations.

Tagged for @Hapa_Fodder and @Mademoisail

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles

Yeah, I want some more Operations too. Sigh. :Smile_sad:

I'm even starting to miss the infamous Ultimate F-U operation... lol. :Smile_trollface:

Operation Hermes and Operation Dynamo was quite fun too. I miss them as well. :Smile_Default:

As for Cherry Blossom... yeah, I guess that one too, but I simply didn't like how I couldn't use any of the Axis cruisers. :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,385
[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,297 battles

Unless WG can figure out how to monetize a new Op I wouldn't hold your breath

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[TFFOX]
Members
1,125 posts
4,132 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Yeah, I want some more Operations too. Sigh. :Smile_sad:

I'm even starting to miss the infamous Ultimate F-U operation... lol. :Smile_trollface:

Operation Hermes and Operation Dynamo was quite fun too. I miss them as well. :Smile_Default:

As for Cherry Blossom... yeah, I guess that one too, but I simply didn't like how I couldn't use any of the Axis cruisers. :Smile_sceptic:

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed I wasn't able to play those before they got pulled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
756
[WOLF7]
Members
1,018 posts
2 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I'm even starting to miss the infamous Ultimate F-U operation... lol. :Smile_trollface:

One day....you'll be saying that about Newport, also. Think about that for a second.  lel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,010
[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts
8 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

One day....you'll be saying that about Newport, also. Think about that for a second.  lel

That is a depressing thought...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,228
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles
1 hour ago, Camo68 said:

Unless WG can figure out how to monetize a new Op I wouldn't hold your breath

 

If they want to monetize Operations they can go pound sand.  There's already tons of ways they try to squeeze money in this game.  Premium Account, Premium Ships, Dockyards, and a whole host of others.  There's already a lot going.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,049
[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,643 battles

Not really ops but 9v9 of a class would be fun occasionally. 9 BBs v 9 BBs, 9 CAs/CLs v 9 CAs/CLs or 9 DDs v 9 DDs. I don't think graphics cards could cope with 18 CVs lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,385
[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,297 battles
On 4/17/2021 at 2:23 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If they want to monetize Operations they can go pound sand.  There's already tons of ways they try to squeeze money in this game.  Premium Account, Premium Ships, Dockyards, and a whole host of others.  There's already a lot going.

That's my point, they only seem to dedicate development resources to projects that have revenue sources. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,228
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles
11 hours ago, Camo68 said:

That's my point, they only seem to dedicate development resources to projects that have revenue sources. 

That would be PVP, and you know why?  PVP modes don't require much work compared to Operations.

 

Operations require more work in design, placement of ships, working around AI, scripting, lots of testing, redesign, more testing, etc. to make sure it runs correctly.  Especially accounting for players doing something to exploit an Operation.

 

On the flip side are PVP modes.

Step 1.  Design and make map.

Step 2.  Make team starting points.

Step 3.  Step back and let the players farm each other for content.

 

It's gotten to the point that WG hasn't even recycled old pure-PVE events.  Remember the two old Halloween PVE events, the ones with Rasputin for low tier equivalents, and the other Tier VIII with Steampunk Tirpitz, Chapayev, the Filth, etc.?  Remember the old Submarine PVE only event that happened only once?  They haven't been back in years.

  • Cool 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's gotten to the point that WG hasn't even recycled old pure-PVE events.  Remember the two old Halloween PVE events, the ones with Rasputin for low tier equivalents, and the other Tier VIII with Steampunk Tirpitz, Chapayev, the Filth, etc.?  Remember the old Submarine PVE only event that happened only once?  They haven't been back in years.

It's an unfortunate reality... and it's quite sad, really.

Now that you mention it, I'm actually starting to miss those PvE events... sob.

Please, WeeGee, bring back those PvE events... and the old Operations too. *cri cri*

anime_crying.gif.4571210e65f474490aa41a342246b424.gif

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,107
[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

 

It's gotten to the point that WG hasn't even recycled old pure-PVE events.  Remember the two old Halloween PVE events, the ones with Rasputin for low tier equivalents, and the other Tier VIII with Steampunk Tirpitz, Chapayev, the Filth, etc.?  Remember the old Submarine PVE only event that happened only once?  They haven't been back in years.

I played all of them the first time they were offered.
Played them again, when they were re-released for a subsequent Halloween.  (But were different, due to re-works and patches/updates.)

In a more recent Halloween event, the Commanders became available via the Armory.  So I welcomed them to my Port.
Mina Hurray is Captain of my Alsace.  Lazarus Centurio is currently Captain of a European DD.  For some reason WOWs made nation affiliations that I hadn't expected.  But, I can deal with it.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[CO-OP]
Members
3,807 posts
31,136 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That would be PVP, and you know why?  PVP modes don't require much work compared to Operations.

 

Operations require more work in design, placement of ships, working around AI, scripting, lots of testing, redesign, more testing, etc. to make sure it runs correctly.  Especially accounting for players doing something to exploit an Operation.

 

On the flip side are PVP modes.

Step 1.  Design and make map.

Step 2.  Make team starting points.

Step 3.  Step back and let the players farm each other for content.

 

It's gotten to the point that WG hasn't even recycled old pure-PVE events.  Remember the two old Halloween PVE events, the ones with Rasputin for low tier equivalents, and the other Tier VIII with Steampunk Tirpitz, Chapayev, the Filth, etc.?  Remember the old Submarine PVE only event that happened only once?  They haven't been back in years.

This is true, but doesn't explain why they can't fix the operations on hiatus.  The scripts are already there, the only thing necessary is to correct the aircraft programs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
756
[WOLF7]
Members
1,018 posts
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

This is true, but doesn't explain why they can't fix the operations on hiatus.  The scripts are already there, the only thing necessary is to correct the aircraft programs.

They don't want to fix them or they would have done so already. Spreadsheet says you will play PVP only and like it, comrade. 

r/WorldOfWarships - "People aren't playing operations anymore"

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,010
[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts
15 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

This is true, but doesn't explain why they can't fix the operations on hiatus.  The scripts are already there, the only thing necessary is to correct the aircraft programs.

As was already mentioned, WG doesn't want to fix them.  WG doesn't think PvE fits into their monetization scheme.  I believe WG sees PvE as an enemy to their profits.  I'm sure WG had every intention to bring back the old ops after the rework, then the rework flopped.  People left the game, some stopped spending altogether, and others moved to (the much less profitable) PvE game modes.  With a flood of players into PvE, WG didn't want to bring back the old ops in the hopes that some of these players would go back to PvP.  WG wasn't going to bring more content to PvE and make the these players even more comfortable in PvE only. 

The bad news is subs will be coming.  That means WG will be afraid of losing more players to PvE when that happens.  I fear we will never see the old ops come back, and we'll be lucky if WG doesn't sabotage PvE when if subs flop. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
756
[WOLF7]
Members
1,018 posts
10 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

As was already mentioned, WG doesn't want to fix them.  WG doesn't think PvE fits into their monetization scheme.  I believe WG sees PvE as an enemy to their profits.  I'm sure WG had every intention to bring back the old ops after the rework, then the rework flopped.  People left the game, some stopped spending altogether, and others moved to (the much less profitable) PvE game modes.  With a flood of players into PvE, WG didn't want to bring back the old ops in the hopes that some of these players would go back to PvP.  WG wasn't going to bring more content to PvE and make the these players even more comfortable in PvE only. 

The bad news is subs will be coming.  That means WG will be afraid of losing more players to PvE when that happens.  I fear we will never see the old ops come back, and we'll be lucky if WG doesn't sabotage PvE when if subs flop. 

Question: If a player ONLY plays PVE modes, and all of the money they spend in-game is to be used in PVE modes ONLY, how is that less profitable than a PVP main that is F2P? If you are spending money for in-game content, why does it matter if it is for PVE or PVP modes? The money is still the same color and spends the same way regardless of game mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,010
[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts
21 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Question: If a player ONLY plays PVE modes, and all of the money they spend in-game is to be used in PVE modes ONLY, how is that less profitable than a PVP main that is F2P? If you are spending money for in-game content, why does it matter if it is for PVE or PVP modes? The money is still the same color and spends the same way regardless of game mode.

WG's monetization is largely based on frustration, and you pay to relive some of that frustration.  PvE isn't nearly as frustrating, so less profits.  Then there is the small number of players in PvE, and that probably makes the profit per expense costs much lower than PvP.  I have no doubt WG would be happy to cater to PvE players if they were profitable enough.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,941
[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

I WOULD PAY FOR GOOD PVE CONTENT

heard that WG?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,010
[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts
14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I WOULD PAY FOR GOOD PVE CONTENT

heard that WG?

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.  WG doesn't want to compete with itself.  Or in other words, they don't want PvE competing with PvP content.  This game will likely always be heavily PvP focused and that will be where the main monetization will be centered.  Add that PvP match making depends on high player count to keep queue times as low as possible.  WG wants your money, but they would much prefer you spend your money for PvP content to keep you playing there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,941
[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.  WG doesn't want to compete with itself.  Or in other words, they don't want PvE competing with PvP content.  This game will likely always be heavily PvP focused and that will be where the main monetization will be centered.  Add that PvP match making depends on high player count to keep queue times as low as possible.  WG wants your money, but they would much prefer you spend your money for PvP content to keep you playing there.

Ikr... only thing I can do about it is a customer statement of intention. The point you state is very clear, I would also like for them to have it clear there's money and long term engagement to have in good PvE modes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,010
[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Ikr... only thing I can do about it is a customer statement of intention. The point you state is very clear, I would also like for them to have it clear there's money and long term engagement to have in good PvE modes. 

I shared your view on this in the past.  WG has made clear they have no interest in PvE.  As I said earlier, we'll be lucky to get out the release of subs without taking a hit.  That's just where we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
121
[H_]
Members
791 posts
13,547 battles

Would be nice to have all the other operations back.. But as others have said WG's answer to that is NO..

Heck they won't even develop new maps, which is one thing that may help with keeping players. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×