Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Benjammn79

Limit 1 CV per team

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

155
[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
403 posts
3,176 battles

If WG is going to insist on forcing their [edited] CV re-work on us, the least they could is limit it to 1 per team.  Two is two too many, but if WG is going to [edited][edited] us, then at least just one at time instead of DP.

  • Cool 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,972
[WORX]
Members
14,126 posts
20,570 battles

Or start doing to both CVs and BBs... Universal nerfs...

Or start giving equal ordnance protection in the cpt skill... If BB get a lot of torps protection options, then the cruisers should have protection options from AP shells.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
403 posts
3,176 battles
11 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Or start doing to both CVs and BBs... Universal nerfs...

Or start giving equal ordnance protection in the cpt skill... If BB get a lot of torps protection options, then the cruisers should have protection options from AP shells.

They may have ideas for something like this down the road.  But if the CV rework and ideas like the ones you mentioned are supposed to go hand-in-hand for an actual balanced (not WG self-proclaimed) game, then why on earth work on one at a time?

When WoWS (and this is true of WoT as well) first started, ships and classes had strengths and weaknesses, tradeoffs made by highlighting a strength.  That system of balance of strenghts, weaknesses, and tradeoffs seems to have been tossed aside.  Maybe it just kind of happened or maybe it was deliberate, but I think WoWS would be a stronger product if it was returned to that model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
949 posts
220 battles
2 hours ago, Benjammn79 said:

If WG is going to insist on forcing their [edited] CV re-work on us, the least they could is limit it to 1 per team.  Two is two too many, but if WG is going to [edited][edited] us, then at least just one at time instead of DP.

A broken mechanic will always be broken regardless if it is 4  (or 2) in a match.  WG needs to suck up the fact that CVs are borked.

  • Cool 7
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
955
[MELON]
Members
960 posts
2,798 battles

Just remove all ships from the game problem solved.

 

 

 

I sometimes wonder how fun and choatic teams full of just CVs would be

Edited by Koogus
Can't write
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
403 posts
3,176 battles
2 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Just remove all ships from the game problem solved.

 

Why didn't I think of that?!  Genius!

2 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I sometimes wonder how fun a choatic teams full of just CVs would be

That might be kinda fun to watch actually.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,780
[CLUMP]
Members
2,049 posts
2,424 battles

Quite frankly maps aren't big enough for two CVs :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,264
[SIM]
Members
5,888 posts
9,337 battles

Sure, as soon as we hard cap DDs to three per team.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
360
[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
210 posts
17,782 battles

Im a DD main and i would have no problem with hard capping 3 DD per team with only 1 CV per team... that would work for me.:Smile_great:

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
610
[WOLFH]
Members
1,290 posts
51 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Sure, as soon as we hard cap DDs to three per team.

Let's go further: no CVs and a 2 DD hard cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[FUNNY]
Members
14 posts
4,640 battles

yah any of this would be good...but WG is crap, doesn't know how to balance their game...wants people to play CV's no matter what and keeps trying to print money with power creep...so play when you can and spend no more money.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,937
[NONE]
Members
4,022 posts
12,377 battles
8 hours ago, Koogus said:

 

I sometimes wonder how fun and choatic teams full of just CVs would be

Imagine a pillow fight at a slumber party. :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
700 posts
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Sure, as soon as we hard cap DDs to three per team.

The old "let's ban DDs if we ban CVs" talking point.

Nothing wrong with DDs as they can be countered. Not my problem if you can't deal with them. 

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
16 hours ago, Koogus said:

Just remove all ships from the game problem solved.

 

 

 

I sometimes wonder how fun and choatic teams full of just CVs would be

When Farazella was playing he did a tournaments of CV and 1 cruiser.  

OT as fascinating to watch. 

That was the RTS days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
8 hours ago, OuijaApologist said:

The old "let's ban DDs if we ban CVs" talking point.

Nothing wrong with DDs as they can be countered. Not my problem if you can't deal with them. 

They are countered by planes nicely.

But guessing you cannot handle that!:cap_rambo:

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
10 hours ago, C14Alpha said:

Let's go further: no CVs and a 2 DD hard cap.

Make cruiser great again.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
700 posts
26 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

They are countered by planes nicely.

But guessing you cannot handle that!:cap_rambo:

And what is the DD's counter to the planes? 

I'm guessing you won't reply to that. 

Edited by OuijaApologist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
12 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

And what is the DD's counter to the planes? 

I'm guessing you won't reply to that. 

Turn into the rockets and you might take 1 for 800 damage.  You can slow down and speed up and turn to avoid bombs.

You can use mountains to make it harder. You can find a AA buddy.

You can smoke.

The fact is you play DD so there perfect. Sitting in smoke and seeing perfectly anything that is spotted is perfect  Having perfect AA while in smoke is perfect. Because you like it.

If you don't like it has to change

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
700 posts
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Turn into the rockets and you might take 1 for 800 damage.  You can slow down and speed up and turn to avoid bombs.

Just dodge. 

3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

You can use mountains to make it harder.

Just hide. 

3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

You can find a AA buddy.

Just group up. 

 

None of these are counters to planes. 

  • Cool 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
337
[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,167 posts
9 hours ago, Bilgetwidget said:

Imagine a pillow fight at a slumber party. :Smile_veryhappy:

...This could be taken SO many different ways...  :cap_cool:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
20 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

Just dodge. 

Just hide. 

Just group up. 

 

None of these are counters to planes. 

Lolololololol

You have a serious case of CV derangement syndrome. CDS for short.

All that are counters for DD v CV but your CDS is..... well you better find a new hobby because your done with that amount if CDS

Good luck in your CV hate

 

  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,563
[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
9 hours ago, Bilgetwidget said:

Imagine a pillow fight at a slumber party. :Smile_veryhappy:

I think I saw that movie....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[FUNNY]
Members
14 posts
4,640 battles

 

On 4/17/2021 at 12:34 PM, jags_domain said:

Lolololololol

You have a serious case of CV derangement syndrome. CDS for short.

All that are counters for DD v CV but your CDS is..... well you better find a new hobby because your done with that amount if CDS

Good luck in your CV hate

 

Those aren't counters, they are ways to possibly RNG not take damage...you can't run from cv's you can hide for some time if you have smoke and chasing down a cv through a team...ok...if 1v1 you wont make it before you die...

Have you been playing the same game, don't think so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,481
[BONKS]
Members
3,079 posts
52 battles
On 4/17/2021 at 9:03 PM, jags_domain said:

Turn into the rockets and you might take 1 for 800 damage.  You can slow down and speed up and turn to avoid bombs.

You can use mountains to make it harder. You can find a AA buddy.

You can smoke.

I'm sure that DD I hit for 6k when perfectly angled and killed has somehow misunderstood your advice.

I'm sure that cruiser I hit and killed from a 90° starting angle has done so too.

Cover favors the CV as it allows for an unopposed approach.

Not only are you severely restricting your map presence, reducing your match influence often to near 0, by sticking to a teammate, thus once again favoring the enemy CV, there is nothing that prevents the enemy CV from simply taking out your teammate either.

Forcing an enemy DD to smoke is still a win scenario for the CV.

I thought you're supposed to list ways to play against CVs here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×