Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SPjN

German Destroyers Early Access - Special Mission Question

22 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
6,918 battles
In the Tech Tree, for 3 of the new German DDs (0.10.3) it indicates - "You can gain early access to this ship by completing a special mission." 

One would assume that the "German Destroyer Mission 1" is that special mission, though it simply shows a gift container as the final reward.  If that is the special mission for getting the early access, they should clarify this rather than make players wonder if that gift is early access for all ships, one ship, or actually something different.  I have read through WOWS main pages and googled to find clarification as to what the special mission is/are, or how to access them, but found nothing.  

One issue with not knowing what you receive by completing "German Destroyer Mission 1" is that one of the sub-missions requires either the new Schultz or new ZF-6. This requires spending at least 1500 doubloons if lucky and even possible, or possibly quite a lot more.     
- To acquire F. Schultz - Only option is via Random bundles (1500 DBLN each)  - Odds should be 1:7 of getting Schultz for each random bundle purchase, but given WG's history with the word "random", it might require buying a couple "random" bundles before having a chance to get it.
- To acquire ZF-6 - Must complete the ship in the dockyard. Which cost between 2200 and 8950 DBLN depending on how much you want to accelerate the build. 

Is there something I am missing?  Have they done it this way in the past?  Or is the "German Destroyer Mission 1" the special mission they refer to?   Early access for the Italian ships seemed a lot simpler.   

Sorry it took this much to explain, and especially if there is just something I somehow overlooked. 
  • Thanks 1

Members
752 posts
19,884 battles
13 minutes ago, SPjN said:
In the Tech Tree, for 3 of the new German DDs (0.10.3) it indicates - "You can gain early access to this ship by completing a special mission." 

One would assume that the "German Destroyer Mission 1" is that special mission, though it simply shows a gift container as the final reward.  If that is the special mission for getting the early access, they should clarify this rather than make players wonder if that gift is early access for all ships, one ship, or actually something different.  I have read through WOWS main pages and googled to find clarification as to what the special mission is/are, or how to access them, but found nothing.  

One issue with not knowing what you receive by completing "German Destroyer Mission 1" is that one of the sub-missions requires either the new Schultz or new ZF-6. This requires spending at least 1500 doubloons if lucky and even possible, or possibly quite a lot more.     
- To acquire F. Schultz - Only option is via Random bundles (1500 DBLN each)  - Odds should be 1:7 of getting Schultz for each random bundle purchase, but given WG's history with the word "random", it might require buying a couple "random" bundles before having a chance to get it.
- To acquire ZF-6 - Must complete the ship in the dockyard. Which cost between 2200 and 8950 DBLN depending on how much you want to accelerate the build. 

Is there something I am missing?  Have they done it this way in the past?  Or is the "German Destroyer Mission 1" the special mission they refer to?   Early access for the Italian ships seemed a lot simpler.   

Sorry it took this much to explain, and especially if there is just something I somehow overlooked. 

You need to get one of the missions via a random drop out of the containers, either free or premium. I believe it's the same way as in the past.

Members
8 posts
6,918 battles

Thanks for the quick reply, For the Italian cruisers (the prior ships offered for early access), I believe they showed the early access ships in the (temp) Italian section in the Armory, where you could buy them with the Italian currency you earned via the Italian missions they added for it. I believe that's how I "bought" the two I did of those, but I could be mistaken. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

the GE destroyers 1...   the first mission (in second set) you can't complete without zf6 or shultz...    and if you don't have one of them that means you can't do the chain...  because you have to do the missions in order...

i don't see how you can earn...  and we can't buy shultz in the armory  or is this second string of missions just for those who whale the zf6 right away?

i am likely missing something...

[DOW]
Beta Testers
51 posts
22,062 battles

Earn, through missions, or buy German tokens.  Get enough and you’ll spend tokens random bundles sequentially in the armory.  Fourth bundle gets you Z-31.

I didn’t think it was very clear-pondered it for a day or two before it became clear

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
36 minutes ago, DeathwishDrang said:

Earn, through missions, or buy German tokens.  Get enough and you’ll spend tokens random bundles sequentially in the armory.  Fourth bundle gets you Z-31.

I didn’t think it was very clear-pondered it for a day or two before it became clear

but z31 doesn't qualify for that mission anyways, shultz or zf6 

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
6,918 battles

Thank you.  That explains it for the Z-31. Looks like total cost to get Z-31 is 3750 DBLN, which also includes everything else they list for bundle 4 and prior.  

I assumed early access ships meant you had it only temporary, but this doesn't indicate you get the ship for "early access" period. If you get a ship early access, do you have to give it up after like 2 updates?  

Still wonder about the other 2 ships. 

Thank you again. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
34 minutes ago, SPjN said:

Thank you.  That explains it for the Z-31. Looks like total cost to get Z-31 is 3750 DBLN, which also includes everything else they list for bundle 4 and prior.  

I assumed early access ships meant you had it only temporary, but this doesn't indicate you get the ship for "early access" period. If you get a ship early access, do you have to give it up after like 2 updates?  

Still wonder about the other 2 ships. 

Thank you again. 

no if you buy the ship in the bundle you keep it, it just becomes a regular tech tree ship after a couple updates yes.. like in a couple months.  So now you can use it with any commander but that perk will end and so will special status.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
312 posts
4,222 battles
3 hours ago, SKurj said:

the GE destroyers 1...   the first mission (in second set) you can't complete without zf6 or shultz...    and if you don't have one of them that means you can't do the chain...  because you have to do the missions in order...

i don't see how you can earn...  and we can't buy shultz in the armory  or is this second string of missions just for those who whale the zf6 right away?

i am likely missing something...

Only thing you're missing is that you can get Schultz from the 1500 dub random bundles in the armory.  Otherwise, yes, that mission chain is for whales.  It is available for two months though, so you don't need to whale the ZF-6 entirely to complete it.  And the rewards are pretty insignificant.  A few camos, a few special signals, and a gift container.

• Cool 4

[META_]
Members
312 posts
4,222 battles
4 hours ago, SPjN said:

It works almost identically to the Italian BBs in that there are missions to earn tokens, which can then be exchanged in the armory for a sequence of rewards that includes ships.  The only difference is that the Italian BBs had one ship (Caracciolo) available directly from a mission chain.   The first mission chain will give you 1000 tokens total.  There will also be some given out via Twitch drops (watch official Twitch streams with your game account linked to your Twitch account), there are 150 in the free daily random bundles, and there will be four more mission chains in the coming weeks, each for another 1000 tokens.  In total, there should be enough free tokens to get you up to Z-31 and her permanent camo.  If you want to get early access to the Maerker, you'll need to spend money on the random bundles (1500 doubloons each) to get more tokens.  Schultz is one of the possible drops from those containers.  Once the early access event ends, you'll be able to progress through the line from whichever of the ships you were able to earn in early access.

• Cool 2

[CRUEL]
Members
240 posts
17,586 battles
On 4/16/2021 at 9:02 PM, Fel0niusMonk said:

And the rewards are pretty insignificant.  A few camos, a few special signals, and a gift container.

Yep.  But people will whale it anyway.

[META_]
Members
312 posts
4,222 battles
4 hours ago, DrunkenSailor63 said:

Yep.  But people will whale it anyway.

Sure, but not for that mission.  At any rate, that response was specifically directed at the person I quoted, who seemed a bit put out that the mission was locked behind a paywall.  I was just pointing out that it was no great loss to miss it.

[CRUEL]
Members
240 posts
17,586 battles
21 hours ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

Sure, but not for that mission.  At any rate, that response was specifically directed at the person I quoted, who seemed a bit put out that the mission was locked behind a paywall.  I was just pointing out that it was no great loss to miss it.

Yep..   I was just agreeing with you  :-)

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,916 posts

The German Destroyers 1 is not a bad event. I remember last summers german event which was fun for once. The Italian event tore my hair out. But I have three ships I can live with from that one. This current event, I went ahead and whaled all of the 35 bundles to finish the IX destroyer. Turns out that the special flags (Almost 50 each for 8 or 9 I forget how many) were VERY CRITICAL in raising up 3 21 point commanders in the 200xp event over the weekend or late week last. So I feel I got more than my money's worth now that I am getting ready to put up 21 commander number four. Each nation will get a commander, usually a special like the halsey etc while stock piling points ECXP for Gunther Premium Commander for the coming Hannover BB. When that arrives in the future I will be able to fit it properly and enjoy it.

The missions are there what they are. You grind through them and they are done. The Big hunt thing with the 1 token and 5000 coal for 75000 xp is [edited]. Thats the only loose end left I think 10.4 hits soon and that will go away. I already earned that coal elsewhere.

Coupons for signal flags restart tomorrow as does Silver Ranked for me in the morning after I qualed out of Bronze recently. (Miracles do happen, Ive been missing my Shima) The Kirov Mission has my focus right now.

The Kong mission is a fun little thing. I would not do too much with it because I watched the originals on old fashioned movie film as a child in the state school along with Bram Stokers Dracula, Frankenstein, Gozilla, Johnny Sokkos Robot (Now there is a cool item... but imagine Japan non-lethal force reduced to a 10 year old with a 500 ton war robot that flies) and Godzilla. That one scared alot of children in the school when it came out of the ocean. I think all of us have some form of basic fears that we cannot tolerate and if done right becomes a form of Horror. "The Cube" Comes to mind. I do wonder whats going to be in that little Premie Box. SO I allow myself to go back 50 years plus and play the mission to Kong the Box and find out. HAve some fun along the way. But I wont be getting into the whaling on that side. One reason is the camos are so tall you can set up shoots if they try to hide behind a island. So I see it as a liability.

The last thought on the German Destroyers 1. The Z31 is so bad you cannot help but sink ships and win with the damn thing. It pisses me off. Then I sink something and if its a human Im happy chat is disabled. Such abuse. Being already angry over a POS vehicle that is not a destroyer and too crappy to be called a cruiser makes it easier to abuse the mad human back and the Bans fly.

The other two DD's are... Different. When played carefully and thinking ahead I actually win some ranked with them believe it or not. I almost detonated in my chair when a crappy Z31 torped muh GA. HA. The nerve. Then again BB's dont spot DD's (That needs to be remedied outside of a Missouri Radar Purchase)

Members
3 posts
1,513 battles

The ships are all behind a paywall.  Yes, you can earn tokens to unlock bundles.  You will run out of those tokens after the third bundle.  More tokens can only be earned with F. Schultz or another paywall BB.  They make it seem like you can earn it at first, I only noticed after I earned bundle 3.  Not cool.

[BLUES]
Members
50 posts

I got within 580 German Tokens of getting the VIII Gustav Julius Maerker. I was frustrated and didn't really want to pay for a couple of bundles. The combat mission to continue is the Schultz or ZF-6 mission. I was working toward my first tier 8 boat, I don't have any tier 9+ ships yet. Bummer.

I had paid for the starter pack in the Dockyard event when it first started so I thought I would go down that path and see what happens. Today I finally received 35,000,000 potential damage to finish off the last ship building mission. Hey, I now have the ZF-6! Maybe I can go back and work toward those final German tokens after all.

How do you get 35M potential damage (in 4 days)? I used the BB Bayern in co-op. When the match started, I put it in gear and went right down the middle of the map and shot at everything that crossed my path, then did it again, and again, and again..... I even turned off AA so the planes could add to the potential damage. 8 games out of 10 I survived to the end of the game. Often the only ship corrections I did were to get closer to enemy ships. I have a lot more confidence in BB's now and what they can do. I'll never sit in the back with a BB again. Near the end of the grind, I had games where I would go right down the middle of the map shooting, and no one would shoot at me! I wonder if WoW knew I was getting close and the bots avoided shooting at me? It was like I was invisible. Weird.

Anyway, my first major grind and my first T9 ship. Woohoo!!!  I'm excited to go out and get killed all over again. :-)

Edited by blackwing9494

[X-M-S]
Members
290 posts
4,538 battles
1 hour ago, eatGreenOranges said:

The ships are all behind a paywall.  Yes, you can earn tokens to unlock bundles.  You will run out of those tokens after the third bundle.  More tokens can only be earned with F. Schultz or another paywall BB.  They make it seem like you can earn it at first, I only noticed after I earned bundle 3.  Not cool.

There were enough free tokens (from missions) to get the first 5 bundles.  You must have missed out on completing some missions.  The T7 Z-31 and it's perma-camo were in bundles 4 and 5.  T8 and higher required purchases.

[X-M-S]
Members
290 posts
4,538 battles
20 minutes ago, blackwing9494 said:

I got within 580 German Tokens of getting the VIII Gustav Julius Maerker. I was frustrated and didn't really want to pay for a couple of bundles. The combat mission to continue is the Schultz or ZF-6 mission. I was working toward my first tier 8 boat, I don't have any tier 9+ ships yet. Bummer.

I had paid for the starter pack in the Dockyard event when it first started so I thought I would go down that path and see what happens. Today I finally received 35,000,000 potential damage to finish off the last ship building mission. Hey, I now have the ZF-6! Maybe I can go back and work toward those final German tokens after all.

How do you get 35M potential damage (in 4 days)? I used the BB Bayern in co-op. When the match started, I put it in gear and went right down the middle of the map and shot at everything that crossed my path, then did it again, and again, and again..... I even turned off AA so the planes could add to the potential damage. 8 games out of 10 I survived to the end of the game. Often the only ship corrections I did were to get closer to enemy ships. I have a lot more confidence in BB's now and what they can do. I'll never sit in the back with a BB again. Near the end of the grind, I had games where I would go right down the middle of the map shooting, and no one would shoot at me! I wonder if WoW new I was getting close and the bots avoided shooting at me? It was like I was invisible. Weird.

Anyway, my first major grind and my first T9 ship. Woohoo!!!  I'm excited to go out and get killed all over again. :-)

Congrats!

Members
3 posts
1,513 battles
5 hours ago, Bomont said:

There were enough free tokens (from missions) to get the first 5 bundles.  You must have missed out on completing some missions.  The T7 Z-31 and it's perma-camo were in bundles 4 and 5.  T8 and higher required purchases.

I don't see how you can "miss" completing the missions, the event is still going.  I just used up what was available on the bundles, I didn't buy anything else with German tokens.  Was there a previous stage I wasn't paying attention to that ended, maybe?  

[NOVUM]
Members
183 posts
6,779 battles
11 minutes ago, eatGreenOranges said:

I don't see how you can "miss" completing the missions, the event is still going.  I just used up what was available on the bundles, I didn't buy anything else with German tokens.  Was there a previous stage I wasn't paying attention to that ended, maybe?  

There was a mission chain each week for x weeks (I forget how many weeks). If you completed the mission chain each week and collected the free daily random bundles from the armory (these bundles included a few more tokens and other items) you would end up with enough tokens to buy the first 5 bundles.

If you didn't complete a mission chain during one of the weeks then you would have fewer tokens.

[X-M-S]
Members
290 posts
4,538 battles
16 minutes ago, BitCrushed said:

There was a mission chain each week for x weeks (I forget how many weeks). If you completed the mission chain each week and collected the free daily random bundles from the armory (these bundles included a few more tokens and other items) you would end up with enough tokens to buy the first 5 bundles.

If you didn't complete a mission chain during one of the weeks then you would have fewer tokens.

And the missions disappeared after the week was up, replaced by the next week's mission chain.  So I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to see a mission chain that looks the same as the previous one and not realize that the previous one had been removed and replaced?

Members
3 posts
1,513 battles
5 hours ago, Bomont said:

And the missions disappeared after the week was up, replaced by the next week's mission chain.  So I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to see a mission chain that looks the same as the previous one and not realize that the previous one had been removed and replaced?

Ah, ok well that makes sense.  I was working long hours at the beginning of the event.  Thanks for the info guys.

Sign in to follow this