Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MN1234

Player frustration.

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

15
[USAGW]
[USAGW]
Members
34 posts
5,111 battles

Can someone point me in the direction of somewhere on this forum where I can vent my frustration with other players without being called a whiner and being made fun of?

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,979
[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
Just now, MN1234 said:

Can someone point me in the direction of somewhere on this forum where I can vent my frustration with other players without being called a whiner and being made fun of?

 

WOT forums...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,336
Members
2,198 posts
29,399 battles
2 minutes ago, MN1234 said:

I only play WOWS

On the WoT forum be vague, and don't mention ships at all just players' behaviors. No one will read it anyway.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[USAGW]
[USAGW]
Members
34 posts
5,111 battles

I was hoping for something constructive.  I suppose it's a good idea but I'd rather talk to WOWS players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,979
[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
1 minute ago, MN1234 said:

I was hoping for something constructive.  I suppose it's a good idea but I'd rather talk to WOWS players

The rules dont allow for frustrations to ferment... WOT on the other hand, run on different standards... 

FRustrations can be viewed as non-constructive..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[USAGW]
[USAGW]
Members
34 posts
5,111 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The rules dont allow for frustrations to ferment... WOT on the other hand, run on different standards... 

FRustrations can be viewed as non-constructive..

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,602 posts
2,011 battles
12 minutes ago, MN1234 said:

I was hoping for something constructive.

22 minutes ago, MN1234 said:

without being called a whiner and being made fun of?

Bit of a paradox here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,941
[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
1 minute ago, MN1234 said:

Thanks!

Few guys hang around that part of the forum, but almost all of them are really nice people. Best chances around here to not be made fun of, if you keep it civil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[USAGW]
[USAGW]
Members
34 posts
5,111 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Few guys hang around that part of the forum, but almost all of them are really nice people. Best chances around here to not be made fun of, if you keep it civil.

I always try to be nice. I'm just asking the same in return. Players need to realize that we are trying to have fun, not be ridiculed and humiliated. Thank you. You are one of the nice ones.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,941
[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
Just now, MN1234 said:

Thank you. You are one of the nice ones.

Just don't spread the news, I've a reputation to uphold :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,360
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,075 posts
22,336 battles
35 minutes ago, MN1234 said:

I was hoping for something constructive.

As are we. Your OP does not make me very hopeful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[WOLFC]
Members
265 posts
10,647 battles
44 minutes ago, MN1234 said:

Can someone point me in the direction of somewhere on this forum where I can vent my frustration with other players without being called a whiner and being made fun of?

I would vent here. Yes you will get many of the same turd trolls that will say stupid insensitive stuff about your problems, but you got to ignore them. There are many others here that are very helpful and can maybe at least point you in the right direction to help keep ur sanity during game play.  There are discord servers that you can join here that might help you out. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[USAGW]
[USAGW]
Members
34 posts
5,111 battles
3 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

I would vent here. Yes you will get many of the same turd trolls that will say stupid insensitive stuff about your problems, but you got to ignore them. There are many others here that are very helpful and can maybe at least point you in the right direction to help keep ur sanity during game play.  There are discord servers that you can join here that might help you out. :Smile_honoring:

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm an older guy and was raised with respect for others. I really don't like what some people have become. If a nice person looks at my stats and says I suck, and what I can do to not suck I can deal with that. that's so much better than some creep insulting me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[O_O]
Members
7,119 posts
17,786 battles
1 hour ago, MN1234 said:

Can someone point me in the direction of somewhere on this forum where I can vent my frustration with other players...

 

43 minutes ago, MN1234 said:

Players need to realize that we are trying to have fun, not be ridiculed and humiliated...

Uh...wait, wut?

:Smile_amazed::cap_hmm:

What I read from this..."I want to dish it out, but I sure as heck don't want to take it in return."

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[USAGW]
[USAGW]
Members
34 posts
5,111 battles
28 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

 

Uh...wait, wut?

:Smile_amazed::cap_hmm:

What I read from this..."I want to dish it out, but I sure as heck don't want to take it in return."

You read wrong. I am frustrated for unselfish reasons. I know that's not too common these days but it's true.

Edited by MN1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[USAGW]
[USAGW]
Members
34 posts
5,111 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

Bit of a paradox here...

No. I disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,900
[SALVO]
Members
26,582 posts
31,419 battles
2 hours ago, MN1234 said:

Players need to realize that we are trying to have fun, not be ridiculed and humiliated.

You need to realize that there's this concept called schadenfreude.  Some people (not myself though) take pleasure from the misery of others.  Some people enjoy being able to take their frustrations out on others, which would of course include ridicule and humiliation.  

I kind of get the feeling that you're not living in the real world with some of your posts in this thread, as it seems like you want everything to be puppy dogs and roses.   I wish you good luck, but I don't think that you'll find this paradise with no ridicule or humiliation you seek.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[USAGW]
[USAGW]
Members
34 posts
5,111 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

You need to realize that there's this concept called schadenfreude.  Some people (not myself though) take pleasure from the misery of others.  Some people enjoy being able to take their frustrations out on others, which would of course include ridicule and humiliation.  

I kind of get the feeling that you're not living in the real world with some of your posts in this thread, as it seems like you want everything to be puppy dogs and roses.   I wish you good luck, but I don't think that you'll find this paradise with no ridicule or humiliation you seek.  

If you knew me in real life you'd find I was of the anti-puppy dogs and roses crowd.

I find there is no reason though for people to be so cruel to each other, especially over a game. I guess it comes down to the difference between people who will help you up when you fall and those who will kick you while you're down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,900
[SALVO]
Members
26,582 posts
31,419 battles
1 minute ago, MN1234 said:

If you knew me in real life you'd find I was of the anti-puppy dogs and roses crowd.

I find there is no reason though for people to be so cruel to each other, especially over a game. I guess it comes down to the difference between people who will help you up when you fall and those who will kick you while you're down.

The thing is, at least while in-game, many players who in the past might have been willing to help no longer are because far too often they've run across jerks who will say things like "you're not the boss of me" or things that are considerably ruder.  Sometimes, the problem seems to be simply rude kids, while at other times it's drunk jerks shooting their mouths off.  Regardless, after a while of trying to be helpful, even the nicest players will get fed up and refuse to even try any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[USAGW]
[USAGW]
Members
34 posts
5,111 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The thing is, at least while in-game, many players who in the past might have been willing to help no longer are because far too often they've run across jerks who will say things like "you're not the boss of me" or things that are considerably ruder.  Sometimes, the problem seems to be simply rude kids, while at other times it's drunk jerks shooting their mouths off.  Regardless, after a while of trying to be helpful, even the nicest players will get fed up and refuse to even try any longer.

I can completely understand that. The level of rudeness is so off-putting. I just would like players to realize it's just a game and be if not nice, at least tolerant of other players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×