You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Litigo_1970

Experience WAY down

20 comments in this topic

[TSF]
Members
553 posts
15,213 battles

Recently I have noticed that the experience awarded in game seems to have decreased signifigantly. 

I have had a string of recent games were I expected to make 800-900 on a loss, only to see exp closer to 300-400.

The screenshot below is a good example. This is tier 10 ranked, which usually awards more experience than tier 10 randoms. 

It wasn't my best game by far, but I put up 57k damage, and tanked another half million or so. I contested a cap, but never was able to push the DD out. 

I expected to see ~700/800 base experience. I was stunned to see my base exp was less than 450. And I wasn't even in the bottom half of my team!

You can consistently make more exp than that in co-op. Since when did playing hard, but having a mediocre game in Ranked, earn less experience than a basic co-op game?

Something seems to have changed significantly with awarded experience, and not for the better. 

Screenshot (563)-redacted_dot_app.png

Screenshot (564).png

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,062 posts
22,263 battles

That looks about right for such a - .... 'limited' performance in a top tier ship in a small game with limited opponents.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,852 posts
12,984 battles

Did you expect 900 in a loss? In RANK?  :Smile_veryhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
8,963 posts
6,663 battles

Check if your premium time didn't expired... looks about right for me, a F2P.

[WORX]
Members
14,124 posts
20,570 battles
59 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Recently I have noticed that the experience awarded in game seems to have decreased signifigantly. 

I have had a string of recent games were I expected to make 800-900 on a loss, only to see exp closer to 300-400.

The screenshot below is a good example. This is tier 10 ranked, which usually awards more experience than tier 10 randoms. 

It wasn't my best game by far, but I put up 57k damage, and tanked another half million or so. I contested a cap, but never was able to push the DD out. 

I expected to see ~700/800 base experience. I was stunned to see my base exp was less than 450. And I wasn't even in the bottom half of my team!

You can consistently make more exp than that in co-op. Since when did playing hard, but having a mediocre game in Ranked, earn less experience than a basic co-op game?

Something seems to have changed significantly with awarded experience, and not for the better. 

Screenshot (563)-redacted_dot_app.png

Screenshot (564).png

Did you check the Credits and XP tab for more in-dept breakdown of the earnings?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,526 posts
12,868 battles
58 minutes ago, Lert said:

That looks about right for such a - .... 'limited' performance in a top tier ship in a small game with limited opponents.

Very diplomatic +1 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,062 posts
22,263 battles
2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Very diplomatic +1 

Trust me, I went through a few other options first before settling.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,852 posts
12,984 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Trust me, I went through a few other options first before settling.

Lert is a better person than me that is for sure.

[TSF]
Members
553 posts
15,213 battles
14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Check if your premium time didn't expired... looks about right for me, a F2P.

I have 695 days premium time. 65% version.

[TSF]
Members
553 posts
15,213 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

You may be right.

I posted my anecdotal observations to get objective feedback to confirm or dispute my hypothesis that base exp seems to be much reduced. 

[TSF]
Members
553 posts
15,213 battles

So, I thought I would give this another try, I mean, not every team can potato as hard as that last one right?

Entered a tier 10 ranked game with Colombo again. 

This time, I put up 87,970 damage before the mercy rule kicked in and ended the game. Another blow out loss. Another complete team suicide, but for my ship.

Our CV charges straight up the middle and dies early. The rest of the team basically disintegrates, but for one Stalingrad who sails towards the middle cap and makes a stand.

I angle, use islands, run the flank, etc etc etc. 

My entire team dies, except me, and WG's mercy rule kicks in yet again, leaving me as, once again, the sole survivor with a medium/low damage accumulation in what time was made available to me. 

Base exp? A whopping 678. 

Again, remember, this is tier 10 ranked. I didn't die in either game. My entire team potatoed , died, and the mercy rule kicked in and prevented me from accumulating enough damage to earn decent exp.

521093116_Screenshot(566)-redacted_dot_app.thumb.png.b1db9fd5fb4738da45e7fa2d22c4491c.png

Edited by Litigo_1970

[META_]
Members
312 posts
4,170 battles

XP earnings are based on a few factors.  Most comes from damage, but it's not a flat value.  Rather, it's based on the percentage of the target's HP that you remove.  You also get less experience if you're damaging a lower-tiered ship.  So if the bulk of your damage was on the Lepanto, you wouldn't earn a lot from that factor because 50k is only slightly more than half of her HP pool and she's a tier lower.

The rest of your base XP is calculated from kills, plane kills, caps, and defends.  You had none of these, so all of your XP is from your damage.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

Edited by Fel0niusMonk

[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles
10 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

So, I thought I would give this another try, I mean, not every team can potato as hard as that last one right?

Entered a tier 10 ranked game with Colombo again. 

This time, I put up 87,970 damage before the mercy rule kicked in and ended the game. Another blow out loss. Another complete team suicide, but for my ship.

Our CV charges straight up the middle and dies early. The rest of the team basically disintegrates, but for one Stalingrad who sails towards the middle cap and makes a stand.

I angle, use islands, run the flank, etc etc etc. 

My entire team dies, except me, and WG's mercy rule kicks in yet again, leaving me as, once again, the sole survivor with a medium/low damage accumulation in what time was made available to me. 

Base exp? A whopping 678. 

Again, remember, this is tier 10 ranked. I didn't die in either game. My entire team potatoed , died, and the mercy rule kicked in and prevented me from accumulating enough damage to earn decent exp.

521093116_Screenshot(566)-redacted_dot_app.thumb.png.b1db9fd5fb4738da45e7fa2d22c4491c.png

Yeah that still seems about right depending what you farmed.  87k from mostly BBs will not net you huge XP numbers.    for Example you can do about 100k of HE damage to BBs and still only net around 750 xp if you did nothing else. Need caps - defenses - planes shot down that kind of thing to earn bonuses.  to really earn a lot from DMG numbers you need to farm damage on DDs.  

Edited by eviltane

[-BCO-]
Members
2,923 posts
5,022 battles
1 hour ago, Nachoo31 said:

Did you expect 900 in a loss? In RANK?  :Smile_veryhappy:

Well.....I did and seen more on losses, so......

[TSF]
Members
553 posts
15,213 battles

Tried a third ranked game in Colombo.

Another complete blow out with the enemy only losing one ship and the game ending early.

This time I did die. I was torpedoed and sunk from almost full health with two excellently aimed spreads from a Shimakaze:

On my own team!

582 base experience. What a day.

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts

What did you do the damage to?  If you mostly shot at BBs, then you’re going to get a lot less XP for that damage.

Members
5,749 posts
11,418 battles
3 hours ago, Litigo_1970 said:

I have had a string of recent games were I expected to make 800-900 on a loss,

Only if you do all of the damage on the team.  Losses means a LOT less XP and has been this way for a loooong time.

[NYAAR]
Members
2,918 posts
15,555 battles
5 hours ago, Litigo_1970 said:

5 hours ago, Lert said:

With a lack of a replay, it is hard to critic the gameplay, but I lean towards Lert's words.

The only thing I might add is were you running any XP modifying flags that may have run out?  

[META_]
Members
312 posts
4,170 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

The only thing I might add is were you running any XP modifying flags that may have run out?  

That, as well as premium time, would not be reflected in the base xp shown on the scoreboard.

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

Compare this screenshot to your game and you can see that even though I farmed 199,000 damage, got a cap, 3 citadels, 1 kill, and double your target hits, my xp sucked too! So it's not just you, it happens to all of us. If we want more, you have to stack flags and such. I don't think there has been any stealth nerf of xp.

Montana 199k.jpg

• Funny 1