You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Why do people hate on Caracciolo so much?

56 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,058 posts
22,259 battles

Look, I'll agree she isn't spectacular or even great, but she seems perfectly serviceable to me after 80k xp worth of matches playing her. She doesn't feel fat but seems agile, feels nice to drive, the SAP is a useful shell, her AP is useful when the situation presents itself. Alright, her accuracy and volume of fire are a bit lacking and she's probably not a keeper either, but I don't mind the grind.

fZoMUvs.jpg

Speaking of the grind, back to it.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 4

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,058 posts
22,259 battles
3 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

2080975530_itashipsguns.thumb.png.eb8dea88fc7acd8971135370b1b1769e.png

You must be driving a different Caracciolo than me, then ...

8bM2yDs.jpg

• Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
3 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

2080975530_itashipsguns.thumb.png.eb8dea88fc7acd8971135370b1b1769e.png

I used Italian dispersion to kill an undetected DD while aiming at a spotted BB:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 12
  • Haha 3

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

8bM2yDs.jpg

Although I have less battles in it, I am doing way better than usual in it as well. Don’t know why it just clicks with me, even though it has les firepower and armor in exchange for more speed compared to My Colorado

2A1886B7-CBFC-405B-A2B8-E11DA4E22605.jpeg

Also dont mind the stats of the other ships in the screenshot, they were rental ships I played without much experience in

Edited by Boomer625

[V_V_V]
Members
1,151 posts
18,231 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well, if the Germans can have badges on their prows, why not the Italians?  "SPQR" is so-dated.  I know why , it's a trademark/intellectual property rights conflict...

• Funny 2

[NSEW]
Members
2,539 posts
12,069 battles

Maybe I'm not just used to employing the SAP shells to its full potential.

Show me the light my fellow Captains.

[THICC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
7,280 battles

Long reloads are very boring and SAP is incredibly gimped.  At tier 7 I could be driving something incredibly strong like Sinop or Nelson or even Lyon, why would I want to play Caracciolo?

• Cool 7

[V_V_V]
Members
1,151 posts
18,231 battles
19 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Maybe I'm not just used to employing the SAP shells to its full potential.

Show me the light my fellow Captains.

Consider yourself illuminated.

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[WORX]
Members
14,123 posts
20,570 battles

*sigh* Look its not her its the ship class in general... Giving a ship class close to or over %50 torpedo protection while cruisers dont have ANY,zero,zilch, nada, Null, nolla, Niente of AP protection...

Kinda throws off the balance of the ship class in favor of the obvious one (or two depending on who is counting and perspective).

That is against my belief the game should be more on the "fair play" doctrine side on their decision making process

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles

Tier VII, 381mm x8 gun Battleship with terrible accuracy and a slow reload, complete with useless secondaries and kneecapped shells against DDs isn't a good ship in my book.

• Cool 8

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts

T7 Cari, T9 and T10 is my Mistress. She can be a spitfire or a heartbreaking beyiutch. My own decline with increase in seizure risk is not welcome either. However I can still shoot and thats al that matters

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts
19 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

Consider yourself illuminated.

I don't bother with super duper AP or SAP. The ships burn too much and too long

What I do do is carefully solve the common dispersion by getting much closer to sink the humans outright. Most people get difficult when they understand I am getting bnetter the closer I get to them. I have had to make minor adjustment to skill trees and so forth nd

Members
4,254 posts
14,998 battles

I bumped it from the bad category to "meh" after grinding through it.

The accuracy is just aweful. The only way to consistently perform with it, the player has to be capable of mitigating dmg. As SAP dmg will add up over time. It certainly isnt great, just for me at best meh.

I find the T8 to be even worse. (but like with the cara, it may grow on me over time, more just general play with it)

I dont completely understand this BB line. Ive barely had any trouble, getting nearly any ship to work/playable; these make a run for that money though.

[RLGN]
Members
16,585 posts
28,940 battles
1 hour ago, Boomer625 said:

I used Italian dispersion to kill an undetected DD while aiming at a spotted BB:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

lol got a double strike once in my old T6 Mutsuki... ‘Oh look, a Yorck...’

(metal fishies swimming.)

BOOM! (Nic...) BOOM! Double strike! (WUT?!?)

Seems an unspotted Farragut was traveling with the Yorck, and got ‘caught up in things.’

@Lert, was that the BB we could earn separately from the bundles during the event?

I’ve only played it in Co-op, but have to agree it doesn’t seem so bad. Although, I seemed to get a lot more use out of the AP than the SAP.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

@Lert

It's one of your weakest BB by avg exp...

Members
662 posts
17,964 battles

I dunno, I’ve found it to be fine as well. It plays a lot like the PEF. You bide your time, taking potshots at targets of opportunity, then use your speed advantage to pounce when the time is right. The few/fat guns means you can chunk reds at close range, but need to pick your targets. Both are long and vulnerable to DDs and focus fire.

Personally, I primarily use AP on the FC since I can’t trust SAP to hit where it needs to.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

8bM2yDs.jpg

How close are you shooting from, and do you have Deadeye?

That damage average seems a bit lighter than I would expect from you.

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,467 posts
4,774 battles

Why do people hate on Caracciolo so much?

Because they can't pronounce it without using their hands? 

• Funny 4

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles

Tier VII is home to some very stiff Battleship competition, to the point that a number of the Tech Tree BBs there are actually quite superior to the Premium BBs.

Sinop, Lyon, KGV put up numbers for ages that trivialize every other BB performance, Premium or otherwise, except for Nelson.  We're talking BBs that took Scharnhorst, Queen of Tier VII Battleships for years, and threw her off her throne and have never looked back since.

In that light, I see CraccioLOLOL is on the lower end of the Tier VII Battleship Power Spectrum.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PHD]
Members
333 posts
11,085 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

Look, I'll agree she isn't spectacular or even great, but she seems perfectly serviceable to me after 80k xp worth of matches playing her. She doesn't feel fat but seems agile, feels nice to drive, the SAP is a useful shell, her AP is useful when the situation presents itself. Alright, her accuracy and volume of fire are a bit lacking and she's probably not a keeper either, but I don't mind the grind.

fZoMUvs.jpg

Speaking of the grind, back to it.

Perhaps It is because they are freaking morons, or blithering idiots.

[B_Y_F]
Members
711 posts
16,293 battles

Caracciolo is a nice vessel, especially after I try the Venneto and Lepanto. 

• Funny 2

Members
2,070 posts
12,817 battles

I think it's just people jumping on the hate train. With every new line released there will always be a noisy group saying it's the worst thing ever added to the game and completely unplayable. These people like to go on for months about how bad the new ships are but are rarely the most reliable source of info on the ships. I think it's cause these people only know how to play ships in a certain way so when some new ships come along that don't fit into their play style they just declare it bad without even thinking about it. 

• Cool 1