You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Caine_Mutiny

Free XP Ships

46 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
7,119 posts
17,786 battles

We don't know what you have, what you like, etc.

If you don't know what you want to spend it on, you should probably just hold on to it for now.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,906 posts

Leave it be.

Keep in mind that WG and People high up in Wows WANT to destroy players mountains of credits, coins, flags, camo, FXP in particular and so on.

I build FXP until I can get a ship for the month. This month was a little Riga which was a new ship from tree for me. Not too long from now it will probably end up being a Roon from Germany. Don't know yet.

When I do not know, I let things sit and accumulate. I am closing on 9 million Unconverted FXP. Which means it will cost me about 360000 Coin to convert to FXP. Which itself means about a $1500.00 expense in US Dollars to buy the necessary Doubleloons to make all of it converted. If I sunk it into my 6 20 point commanders will make all of then 21. Or I can essentially buy the rest of the unbought ships in 7 entire trees of several nations. Or something else in between.

• Thanks 3

[O_O]
Members
7,119 posts
17,786 battles
5 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I build FXP until I can get a ship for the month. This month was a little Riga which was a new ship from tree for me. Not too long from now it will probably end up being a Roon from Germany. Don't know yet.

When I do not know, I let things sit and accumulate. I am closing on 9 million Unconverted FXP. Which means it will cost me about 360000 Coin to convert to FXP. Which itself means about a $1500.00 expense in US Dollars to buy the necessary Doubleloons to make all of it converted. If I sunk it into my 6 20 point commanders will make all of then 21. Or I can essentially buy the rest of the unbought ships in 7 entire trees of several nations. Or something else in between.

I do not convert excess ship XP into Free XP.  It is just too expensive.  I have 24,875,000 XP that will just continue to accumulate.

Personally, I also do not buy tech tree ships with Free XP.  I may jump from a bone stock ship to an upgraded hull to ease some grinding pain, but otherwise I save Free XP for something a little more premium.

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,579 battles
10 minutes ago, Caine_Mutiny said:

I have 3.5M in free XP.  What should I do with it?

Not sure if you've got any interest in replaying any of your tier 10 lines, but having FXP can make getting through the lines easy for Research Bureau points. There's another 2x reset coming soon too I think. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,906 posts

Yes in about 26 days we are looking at going 4x RP for the reset.

I had 10K on the first reset a little over 30K now with the 2x retraining done. 4x should give me twice that when its all over in 30 days give or take a week.

I was going to buy several RP modules but found that they give diminishing returns in terms of gains in reloading time or whatever that there is no point. Be better to sink it into good ships carefully chosen.

The Shima DD for example is working 4 million in ship skills that are unconverted. At some point that will be drained off and used for something. I don't like for excessively expensive crap just to sit and be a potential for what it could be useful for instead. If its one thing I hate in this game or any product is its potential, just spend real dollars for it.

Edited by xHeavy

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles

Is there any info on new Free XP ship coming available?

[WOLFC]
Members
3,170 posts
11,840 battles
36 minutes ago, Caine_Mutiny said:

I have 3.5M in free XP.  What should I do with it?

Nelson will be made unavailable in 0.10.5 (about 2 months), so I would recommend picking her up if you haven’t already.

I tend to hoard my FXP for ships, and only very rarely use it to skip parts of the grind. I did just recently start regrinding Nagato and free XP’d the hull upgrade, though, because the the amount of extra HP from that module is insane. I’m also sitting on 2M+ and have all the free XP ships bar Hayate, though.

[BB22]
Members
46 posts
18,977 battles

I already have all of the free XP ships except the Hayate, which I have no intention of getting.

What is the 4X RP about?

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles
1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

Nelson will be made unavailable in 0.10.5 (about 2 months), so I would recommend picking her up if you haven’t already.

I tend to hoard my FXP for ships, and only very rarely use it to skip parts of the grind. I did just recently start regrinding Nagato and free XP’d the hull upgrade, though, because the the amount of extra HP from that module is insane. I’m also sitting on 2M+ and have all the free XP ships bar Hayate, though.

If you don't have the Nelson I would get it its a fun ship to play and as OP said it will go away soon. I have all the Free XP ship except the Hyate and Auzuma. I was really hoping the Vampire II would be free EX but sadly no

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles
Just now, Caine_Mutiny said:

I already have all of the free XP ships except the Hayate, which I have no intention of getting.

What is the 4X RP about?

Soon there will give you double the RB points if you reset a line; it happens every once in a while

[WOLFC]
Members
3,170 posts
11,840 battles
12 minutes ago, Caine_Mutiny said:

I don’t either, TBH.

5 minutes ago, Caine_Mutiny said:

You mean it's going to be 4X instead of 2X?  For which lines?  TIA.

No, it’s simply a technique to get more RP with fewer number of battles. What you do is use the quarterly 2x reset on a line, then free XP all the ships without playing them. Then you do another 2x reset when it comes around and the bonuses stack. You then FXP the line again and play one battle in each ship. You aren’t actually getting any more RP than if you did it any other way. Personally, I don’t see the appeal, but I also tend to reset the lines I actually enjoy playing and save my FXP.

Edited by Nevermore135

[-MN-]
Members
107 posts
5,367 battles
2 minutes ago, Caine_Mutiny said:

Why did the one fellow mention having to wait 26 days to get 4X XP?

Because in 25 days you do one reset (the last day of the actual season) and then you FXP until the tier 10. The next day (the first one of the next season) you are able to do another reset. Doing so, in two days you are able to get 4x RP.

[EQRN]
Members
2,284 posts
21,140 battles

I’m doing something I never thought I’d do - get into RB.  I’m using FreeXP to reset the IJN DD line twice for bonus to have enough RB points to buy Vampire.  It’s actually cheaper than a true FXP T10 which go for 2m FXP.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,461 posts
1 minute ago, Caine_Mutiny said:

Vampire is going to be a RB ship?  Release date?

It's in the release notes for this patch.  You can read about all of them in the 10.3 article in the launcher.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles
20 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I’m doing something I never thought I’d do - get into RB.  I’m using FreeXP to reset the IJN DD line twice for bonus to have enough RB points to buy Vampire.  It’s actually cheaper than a true FXP T10 which go for 2m FXP.

Same. I went with KM CAs, because I wasn't playing them much anymore, (but I did like them) and each ship has at least a 12-point captain, which is pretty important, since I don't have a lot of FXP and have to actually regrind.

I know that other lines take less XP, but I'd end up grinding 2 or 3 ships at T7-9 with 0-3 point captains.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,805 posts
31,131 battles
40 minutes ago, Caine_Mutiny said:

Why did the one fellow mention having to wait 26 days to get 4X XP?

Here is how it works:

Stacking resets

For a player rich in Free XP Free XP, this is the easiest way to accumulate Research Points Research Points (RP). The Tier V-X ships of a reset line need not be played to qualify for RP at an eventual first win.

A player can reset, then unlock an entire line using Free XP without purchasing or playing a single ship, and the Tier V-X ships will "remember" that they are due those Research Points at the first win. Then the player can reset, then unlock the same line without purchasing or playing a ship, and the Tier V-X ships will "remember" that they are due more Research Points at the first win. When those ships eventually are purchased and played for a win, the accrued Research Points are awarded.

Example

1) In Season 1 a player unlocks his fifth tech tree Tier X ship and immediately receives 10,000 Research Points.
2) He resets his Wows_flag_Germany.png KM cruiser line. All Tier II+ KM cruisers in port etc. are sold. Then he spends (roughly 650,000 + 110,000 for the B hulls) FXP Free XP to unlock all nine ship through Tier X yet purchases none of them. His Tier V through X ships thus gain the ability to play for double Research Points (the Season 1 bonus) at any future time — 20,400 Research Points for all five.
3) In the same season, the player resets his KM cruiser line again, and again unlocks Free XP all nine ships. His Tier V through X ships thus can play for another RP award — an additional 10,200 Research Points for all five.
4) As his first reset of Season 2, the player resets his KM cruiser line for the third time, and again spends Free XP to unlock all nine ships. His Tier V through X ships thus accrue access to yet another double Research Points award (the Season 2 bonus) — 20,400 Research Points.
5) He then purchases his five Tier V-X ships and plays five Co-op games, all wins, thus earning a total of 51,000 Research Points to add to the 10,000 Research Points qualifying bonus, giving him 61,000 Research Points — enough to buy Colbert (57,000 Research Points).

He has spent roughly 2M Free XP, (assuming he buys no modules) ~51M Credits, and played 6 games. Elapsed time, about 2 hours total.

Research Bureau - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,286 posts
13,725 battles
21 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Same. I went with KM CAs, because I wasn't playing them much anymore, (but I did like them) and each ship has at least a 12-point captain, which is pretty important, since I don't have a lot of FXP and have to actually regrind.

I know that other lines take less XP, but I'd end up grinding 2 or 3 ships at T7-9 with 0-3 point captains.

I thought I saw it somewhere but is there a summary of the line costs to reset? I supposed I could do the maths for it but I just don’t want to lol. I also thought I read the ijn gunboats were cheapest?

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[BB22]
Members
46 posts
18,977 battles

So, I need to reset 5 lines now (or anytime before the next season), FXP through T10 in each one of them, and then reset those same 5 lines the first day of the next season?

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,286 posts
13,725 battles
3 minutes ago, Caine_Mutiny said:

So, I need to reset 5 lines now (or anytime before the next season), FXP through T10 in each one of them, and then reset those same 5 lines the first day of the next season?

No, to get the 4x points referred to you reset one line. Free xp the line all the way back to tier 10. Then in 26 days when the next 2x reset is available, you reset that same line again. Now you first history on that line in each ship is worth 4x the rb points. In short, each line you reset and don’t play any games on accumulates the multiplier until you win the first game on each ship t5-10 in that line. They multiplier continue to stack until you win the first match on each ship

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[DVYJC]
Members
4,427 posts
11,843 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

I don’t either, TBH.

No, it’s simply a technique to get more RP with fewer number of battles. What you do is use the quarterly 2x reset on a line, then free XP all the ships without playing them. Then you do another 2x reset when it comes around and the bonuses stack. You then FXP the line again and play one battle in each ship. You aren’t actually getting any more RP than if you did it any other way. Personally, I don’t see the appeal, but I also tend to reset the lines I actually enjoy playing and save my FXP.

It's a time and credit saver. You have to spend the same number of FXP, but it does save a lot of credits by not re-buying all the ships to play them once in co-op. Plus, there's no point in just having RB points unless you can buy something with them. This gives you a way to just stack bonuses until you can burn them all at once and buy what you want, having only spent credits once and only needing to play five games.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 1

[-MN-]
Members
107 posts
5,367 battles
52 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I thought I saw it somewhere but is there a summary of the line costs to reset? I supposed I could do the maths for it but I just don’t want to lol. I also thought I read the ijn gunboats were cheapest?

You can find it here:

https://wowsft.com/research

IJN gunboats are the cheapest

• Cool 1