You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hookie_Bell

Yuro Shows How It's Done

17 comments in this topic

Members
462 posts

Yuro puts on a tour de force in a 2 CV match. 8 kills including two pelts. Many lulz.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,063 posts
22,263 battles

smh at Jingles claiming carriers are more tanky than battleships when Yuro just derps his salvo into the heavily angled belt of one instead of, like, aiming at the bow.

<Edit> Rhein has a 25mm belt, 356mm guns don't overmatch that. Rhein also has a 16mm bow, 356mm overmatches that. Had Yuro aimed at the Rhein's bow his shells would've yolo'd straight into the CVs citadel.

Edited by Lert
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[XG]
Members
438 posts
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

smh at Jingles claiming carriers are more tanky than battleships when Yuro just derps his salvo into the heavily angled belt of one instead of, like, aiming at the bow.

Yeah, that Yuro is such a 40% potato. Oh, wait...

• Funny 5
  • Haha 3

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles

Video is a great example of a thrown game.  The reds had such a big advantage, even after losing a bunch of ships towards the end.  They had such a cap and score advantage, if the last few red ships paid attention, all they had to do was keep away and they'd have a guaranteed win. 

But that's not what they want.  They just HAD to close range and fight.  If one player on the red team had any clue on the match situation, there would have been zero chance for Eurobeat's team to win.

I've seen this kind of sh*t way too many times in Random Battles and it made me sick of the mode.  I hated helping set a team up for an easy win, but people do stupid sh*t like the last red ships in this video.  It ruined everything made me hate Random Battles.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,150 posts
11,789 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

<Edit> Rhein has a 25mm belt, 356mm guns don't overmatch that. Rhein also has a 16mm bow, 356mm overmatches that. Had Yuro aimed at the Rhein's bow his shells would've yolo'd straight into the CVs citadel.

This is pretty much par for the course, though. Jingles is entertaining for sure, but it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t play the game much anymore (mostly because of the simple things he regularly gets wrong), nor does he demonstrate any sense of objectivity on the subject of carriers. 

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Boring 7

[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

This is pretty much par for the course, though. Jingles is entertaining for sure, but it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t play the game much anymore (mostly because of the simple things he regularly gets wrong), nor does he demonstrate any sense of objectivity on the subject of carriers. 

Sadly my experience as well. I ended up unsubscribing. I learned a lot about how to play the game from him when I first started, but all that's gone now. There's nothing to keep me watching.

• Boring 7

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,698 posts
19,391 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

I don't watch Jingles for his insightful commentary into game mechanics but rather for his entertaining videos. He strikes me as a guy who I'd enjoy sitting down at a pub with and having a few pints. If I want good game information or advice on tactics I'll probably watch Potato Quality or another youtuber. Even poor players like me understand that shooting at a German carrier's angled side like that wasn't going to work; I actually thought that exact same thing when Yuro fired. Again though, it was a fun video to watch with Jingles commentary and Yuro had a great match so kudos to him. 

Fair seas. 

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,063 posts
22,263 battles
2 hours ago, Xidax_Gamer said:

Yeah, that Yuro is such a 40% potato. Oh, wait...

tenor.gif

• Boring 7
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,150 posts
11,789 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Sadly my experience as well. I ended up unsubscribing. I learned a lot about how to play the game from him when I first started, but all that's gone now. There's nothing to keep me watching.

I still follow his content, because like I said, his commentary is entertaining. I just appreciate it for what it is. If I want technical content, I go elsewhere.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,180 posts
8,095 battles

Jesus... wth is Jingles going on about in this?   So many mistruths and utter [edited] in this commentary..    Can someone name me any players that have been banned for running a 899 sniping division...anyone?  Conspiracy theories about CV incoming fire RNG?  And his absolute rubbish dialogue on game mechanics?  Seems he has just sunk to mailing it in anymore to attract clicks from the "we'll watch anyone griping about WG" crowd?  

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 9

Members
276 posts
802 battles

Jingles nonsense aside, Yuro pulled off an amazing come-from-behind hard carry. And two pelts!

Sure the last reds made fatal mistakes at the end, but that doesn't detract from Yuro's stellar peformance overall.

• Cool 1

Members
209 posts
8 hours ago, Hookie_Bell said:

Yuro puts on a tour de force in a 2 CV match. 8 kills including two pelts. Many lulz.

And here we thought Yuro's only answer to the CV problem was 899 divisions

Edited by Froggy_McFrogface
  • Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,542 posts
12,069 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I've seen this kind of sh*t way too many times in Random Battles and it made me sick of the mode

It's also in Ranked too.

I think the in game voice cues have something to do with this.  For example, when the game actually ends in 2 mins, it will say that it will end in 5mins. 

Many still do not know the mechanics of the point system of the game.  Admittedly, it is so much more intuitive when using a mod to know it.  Vanilla, not so much.

[NSEW]
Members
2,542 posts
12,069 battles
6 hours ago, iRA6E said:

Can someone name me any players that have been banned for running a 899 sniping division...anyone?

Ya know, Jingles is famous for fudging up facts.  Even more so with in game stuff.  I mean listen to the in game Jingles captain for proof of how WG regards his fact checking.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

It's also in Ranked too.

I think the in game voice cues have something to do with this.  For example, when the game actually ends in 2 mins, it will say that it will end in 5mins. 

Many still do not know the mechanics of the point system of the game.  Admittedly, it is so much more intuitive when using a mod to know it.  Vanilla, not so much.

There was a game I had long ago, an event that convinced me to play Random Battles less and less.

Map was "Warrior's Path.

44366885_2206682026324799_51255659747868

We had set the team up for a big win by taking the western and center caps, as well as sinking most of their team.  The last red ships were cornered in the eastern cap.

Time, cap situation, points ticking towards 1000, ship number superiority was all in our favor.

After the 2nd cap was secured, I said all we had to do was wait and defend.  The reds' only real shot was to come to us and we'd kill them on the defense.

But that's not what my teammates wanted.  They got greedy.  They felt we had an "obvious and easy win" now and before the match ended, they wanted more damage, ribbons, kills.  So they feed into the last 4 ships 1 by 1, and the reds killed them defending their own eastern cap, 1 by 1.  The ship superiority we had evaporated.

You know what though?  We still had a heavy points advantage, the cap and time situation still heavily favored us, and most of all, our last ship was a DD.  The reds had no CV, no DD of their own.  They had a Cleveland backed up by other ships, I think at least 2 other BBs left.  The reds were still stuck in their own cap but were pushing to the center cap.

I saw our DD, a Yugumo with 2k HP left, that was far out west sailing towards the center cap to fight the reds.  I was floored... Did he not see the match situation?  I explained the situation to our DD, all he had to do was run away and he'd have a guaranteed win.  There was literally nothing the reds could do to catch him.  No CV, no DD, nothing could catch up to his DD.

But he kept on sailing towards the last 4 red ships.

The reds could take the mid cap, have 2/3 caps, but still lose because we had too many points and not enough time for the red team to come back and win by points.

I pleaded with him that they had a Radar Cruiser.

I told him if he turned around right now, the reds still can't catch him, and he'd win and get a SOLO WARRIOR.

So, I watched this 2k HP Yugumo sail up to and spot the Radar Cleveland.  He lets loose his torpedoes and turns around, then pops smoke and tries to camp inside it.  To the surprise of nobody still left watching this sh*t, Cleveland pops his Radar and starts shooting.  Cleveland misses his first salvo, but the 2nd salvo and the gunfire from the 3 other ships kill our Yugumo.

Thrown game.  I smashed my keyboard after seeing this.  Sh*t like this that made my Random Battles participation plummet.

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles

A very old thread I made from May 2017.  This time I was on the winning side of a Thrown Game.  So imagine the experience of the enemy team watching "an obvious win" they helped set up get flushed down the toilet.

The game has changed considerably since then.

Mechanics have changed.

Many new ship lines have been added.

Etc.

But WoWS Players are still going to do their thing, like Throwing Games.

• Boring 2