Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

So? Now You've Had a Chance To Play Around with Your Max Immelmann So How Is It Performing For You?

11 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

All the people that got it as soon as it landed have surely had a chance to play some games in her. I'd like to know your honest thoughts about how it does in the games you've played it in? Also, if you've been on the opposite team from one, how was it? Is it Amazing in the right hands? Does it suck or is it just an ok ship? 

[-TKS-]
Members
87 posts
24,812 battles

There's a bug at the moment that some can't see the skip bombers moving around the mini map and have to manually eye ball it in game. That is skewing my experience at the moment. 

Members
15 posts
13,304 battles

Meet the Max Immelmann~ vid by ashkance 

Edited by HVYDRNKR

Members
15 posts
13,304 battles

I set mine up just like his, captain skills, equipment,flags,etc. As a starting point. Doing ok so far. Once you get used to the skip bombs...

[HMCSH]
Members
104 posts
8,452 battles

last night I was whizzing along in my Marceau. see this cv new coming at me broad side with a bomber squad. I laughed :) ha ha ha...…  NOT Haha... dead.. my next comment was " wth does this cv have for bombs" . reply 'skip"   Now I know.. LOL 

• Haha 1

[ENDO]
Members
233 posts
5,911 battles

Skip bombers are fun. Doesn't really feel OP *laughs in CV* like FDR. Skip bombers make a satisfying "ploink" noise when skipping. Seems to be hit or miss with DDs tho. You can certainly hit them and when you do it hurts. 

Torps seem to be a side dish. Skips are the main show. I don't feel as confident in Max as I do in Hak or Midway. Is fun. Is not FDR or Big E levels of carry power. Really doesn't feel like having it is a general advantage over other CVs. 

Feels like a weird Indomitable crossed with Enterprise in play style. Repeat bombs, set fires but instead of fast and tanky you have fast and regens. Crappy fish for iffy rockets. With indo I usually pick a single target to burn down and try to keep fires lit on em. With Max targeting broadsides it's better to hunt for opportunity targets that fixate on burning down any particular ship it seems.

Good damage though. I feel like I am getting more damage than it feels.

Edited by MBRicochet

[386LV]
Members
84 posts
12,542 battles

Not as strong as Midway, but definitely the most fun Tier 10 ship so far.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,426 posts
17,273 battles

Most of the Immelmann players on either the green or red team have been the weaker CV to a Hak or Midway, but in one ranked match vs an FDR the Immelmann completely shut him down with a full air supremacy build that he only admitted to after the FDR charged in to try and cap by minute 10 since he'd been deplaned and his team had clearly lost thanks to no spotting vs all the spotting.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles

Only had a couple of co-op battles in it, without modules because I want to do some more reading around and watching what works best before I fit it into the context of my playstyle.

That being said:

1) Four torpedoes feels just like Kaga. While Saipan strikes also have four torps, it feels far more like Kaga than Saipan.

2) Seeing the skip-bombers work and trying to make them work are two different things. This will be a new skill to learn, but in my first couple of battles I was able to get at least one bomb in from almost all my strikes and I had opportunities to drop with the second or third target lines. I anticipate this improving with practice.

3) The plane management also feels like Kaga. You have a lot of them, and that tempts you to YOLO rush them into AA. The problem with this is that (a) they are fragile and (b) it's actually not that hard to run out of them if you do this.

4) The base service costs are dirt cheap. My clan has its service-cost bonuses maximized so I'm paying a shade over 23,000 per battle plus airplane losses. As per item #3, the latter can get quite costly if you misjudge and walk into heavy flak (e.g. active DFAA on a Worcester or Vermont). 

3 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

the Immelmann completely shut him down with a full air supremacy build that he only admitted to after the FDR charged in to try and cap by minute 10 since he'd been deplaned and his team had clearly lost thanks to no spotting vs all the spotting.

Interesting. Based on what I've seen and heard, I wouldn't have thought the Immelmann would be good at that. Who was the Immelmann captain? Someone we know is a CV main, or an unknown new god out of left field?

Sign in to follow this