Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrymsonKyng

Uninstalling Game

10 comments in this topic

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,341 posts
18,829 battles

@CrymsonKyng Unless they made a change I missed/not aware of, you will lose all of your screenshots, replays, and any keybinding/setting modifications you made.  That is what happened the last time I uninstalled/reinstalled WoWs sometime early last year.  If you are asking in regards to ships/progression you made in-game, no.

• Cool 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,341 posts
18,829 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

No, I've done over 20 times. 

Really?  Huh.  I guess they have made a change then because I lost all of what I posted in my previous comment. :cap_hmm:

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,521 posts
13,571 battles

Only time and your preferences. Recommend making a copy of that file then uninstall/reinstall

[WORX]
Members
14,124 posts
20,570 battles
13 minutes ago, CrymsonKyng said:

Do you lose anything when you uninstall WOWS and re-install?

Uninstalling the game no... Your "stuff" is saved on the server side...

If you delete the game AND delete your username, then everything is lost...

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

You can easily go into your replays folder and make a copy of those or put them into a different folder if you want to save them. Same with screenshots. Also you will have to reinstall mods if you sue them like Aslains or Mod Station. It's overall not that bad to reinstall

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,485 posts

Uninstalling the game may not fix a problem with a bugged modification because remnants of the modification may still remain in a folder. The best way I've found to uninstall/reinstall any game if I am experiencing problems with it is to do the following. Remember to write down your email address, user ID, and password before uninstalling.

1. Uninstall the game via the Control Panel.

2. Go to the game's install folder and manually delete it (including all subfolders).

3. Run CCleaner to clean up any temporary files and errant Registry entries (these are two separate operations).
     Use the free version, download at bottom of the page.

4. Reboot your computer.

5. Re-install the game.

Edited by Snargfargle

[HINON]
Members
9,143 posts
13,598 battles

has us in the first half, not gonna lie, i thought this was gonna be a rage uninstall thread, but im assuming by the OP's question that something went wrong with their game and theyre uninstalling it and then reinstalling to see if that fixes it

Edited by tcbaker777

Sign in to follow this