You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Efros

Curious thing with PVE MM

95 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,628 battles

In the last two days my games have either been full rosters or two human games. Today I had 4 full human rosters in a total of 13 games. The other 9 games were all 2 human games. Something is cooking... looks like MM to me.

and yes I do have pictures, just didn't want to upload 13 pics to illustrate.

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,700 posts
26,591 battles

If you play High Tier, particularly Tier X, the population there really thins out.  It's been like this in Co-Op for as long as I can remember when playing the mode a lot more.  It's also why I like Tier X in this mode.

Drop over to mid tiers and it always picks up.  Harder to do because there's usually tons of players where low population games are just rare.

Consider this:  High Tier Ships are costlier to run, Tier X especially.  If you're not decked out in cost saving Perma-Camo in Tier X, have Premium Account going, etc. then you can easily lose credits pretty bad.  CV player with none of those perks in Tier X?  RIP.  Just more reasons why less people are up there.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,628 battles

I don't mind it and I know that there is a low population of players at the times of day I usually play, but consistently 2 player games or full rosters with no other variation is a bit strange.

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
16,603 posts
29,022 battles

Unless the bots are more worthless than usual, and you get swarmed to death, fewer human players usually means a higher payout.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 4

[WHARF]
Members
485 posts
19,821 battles
29 minutes ago, Efros said:

In the last two days my games have either been full rosters or two human games. Today I had 4 full human rosters in a total of 13 games. The other 9 games were all 2 human games. Something is cooking... looks like MM to me.

and yes I do have pictures, just didn't want to upload 13 pics to illustrate.

player count has dropped....remember they were paying REAL MONEY to get you to recruit players...enough said  

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,628 battles

Yup which is why I don't particularly mind it, it just seems a bit suspicious.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,628 battles
1 minute ago, dadeoo said:

player count has dropped....remember they were paying REAL MONEY to get you to recruit players...enough said  

It doesn't happen overnight, and this is the first time I've noticed a run like this.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,805 posts
31,131 battles

I had 4 games this morning with 3x 2 human players, and one with a full roster of humans.  (All of these were t-8 games.)

[OGF]
Members
425 posts
7,915 battles

Anecdotal, and I don't claim to know what the reason is, but I have noticed that the server that used to tell me ~9000 players were on at what is, for me, early afternoon is now routinely showing under 5000 - what used to be the numbers at 4am.  I'm in an odd time zone, and I don't know what servers it's switching me around to whenever, so this may actually not be any sort of meaningful statistic.  But it looks like the pool at "X time" is half the size it was.  If that actually reflected any reliable data, that would be both drastic and significant.  But, like I said, I don't even know where that number comes from so it might mean nothing.

I posted the above on Monday in a different thread, so I've noticed the sudden barren matches as well.  

Edit:  This is Tiers VII-X, I'm working the Russians and French BBs up to Tier VIII and the VIII+ are working on the Yamamoto campaign.  

Edited by buglips

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles

I think the main issue for the OP is the variability over short periods of time. I've had "only human" or 2 human games followed by full roster games, then 2 humans...

I would think there would be more consistency. Games with 3-5 green bots each game  (actually prefer those).

• Cool 2

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,337 posts

had 13 in queue range with me but match had only two humans  /huh

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

i think pve pop has been better at T10 than any other tier in my exp...  may be feelz though....  and probably the only decent comparo would have to consider time of day as well...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
53 minutes ago, Ozium said:

i pretty much ignore the queue...  there have been too many cases where it just doesn't line up with what MM feeds ya.

• Cool 2

Members
8 posts
2,159 battles

Another major factor is time of day.  Where I live Central USA. it is usually busier around 2-7pm at tiers 4-7.  early morning not as busy, lots of games where I am the only human, usually when I am on a CV.

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles
59 minutes ago, Ozium said:

I think that results from all 13 ships being in your range, but not necessarily of each other.

i.e. You are bringing a T8 ship so you see ships at T6 thru T10 in your queue. No way the T6 ships will be put in the same battle as the T10.

[WOLFA]
1,337 posts
6 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I think that results from all 13 ships being in your range, but not necessarily of each other.

i.e. You are bringing a T8 ship so you see ships at T6 thru T10 in your queue. No way the T6 ships will be put in the same battle as the T10.

was T10 match ;p

[PHD]
Members
270 posts
16,074 battles

Entirely possible it's coincidence, but EVERY battle I played today had either all humans or just 2.

And we're not talking a small number. Probably at least least 20-25.

• Cool 4

[WOLFA]
1,337 posts
16 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i pretty much ignore the queue...  there have been too many cases where it just doesn't line up with what MM feeds ya.

yeah

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,628 battles
1 minute ago, Potohto928 said:

Entirely possible it's coincidence, but EVERY battle I played today had either all humans or just 2.

That's exactly what I saw too.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles
2 minutes ago, Ozium said:

was T10 match ;p

Similar idea where most of those were in tier 8 and MM decided they all needed to be top tier this game so matched them with the T6s in their queues..

That said, I have had a lot alternating matches of late. All humans one game, next is almost all bots.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,700 posts
26,591 battles
3 hours ago, Potohto928 said:

20-25 in your range is nothing.

Let's say you're playing Tier IX or X, there's some Tier VIIIs in your MM range.  However, those Tier VIIIs are also eligible to get put into Tier VI & VII games.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,628 battles

When the 6 am hour ticks around we shall see what today brings.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,628 battles

First two games

1427842184_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_04.16-06_49_03_54.thumb.png.b5504b9951f5be634c8ae78a532d9456.png587398262_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_04.16-07_00_44_92.thumb.png.7de241bc964759be4dce0d4e81b4de9f.png

[OGF]
Members
425 posts
7,915 battles

All 2-player this morning.  One with a Smolensk that was a pretty handy player, also the first time out for the Cristoforo Colombo, so that was nice.  The rest were mostly silent YOLOs.  A lot of work for me, but pretty good payout.  I broke 1000 bxp in Colorado, creeping my way slowly about the map for the eventual win.