Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lloyd1701

Having 7 of the 8 KOTS Containers be Twitch only is terrible

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

562
[BUOY]
Members
1,422 posts
17,232 battles

As the title of the thread says, that they've changed the structure from 6/8 containers being earnable outside of Twitch for a tournament in WoWs i.e. not Twitch to 1/8 is pretty terrible. I despise Twitch for a number of reasons (including shenanigans like this) but kept tabs on KOTS through youtube but now apparently that interest is almost worthless. :Smile-angry:

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,337 posts

put it on 160p mute volume and tab back after every match, really not that hard ...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,218
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,453 posts
10 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

As the title of the thread says, that they've changed the structure from 6/8 containers being earnable outside of Twitch for a tournament in WoWs i.e. not Twitch to 1/8 is pretty terrible. I despise Twitch for a number of reasons (including shenanigans like this) but kept tabs on KOTS through youtube but now apparently that interest is almost worthless. :Smile-angry:

Twitch is one of the largest streaming game platforms on the planet.  You can choose to avoid it, nothing wrong with that but.....gaming companies are not going to.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,972
[WORX]
Members
14,126 posts
20,570 battles
25 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Twitch is one of the largest streaming game platforms on the planet.  You can choose to avoid it, nothing wrong with that but.....gaming companies are not going to.

Question, wouldn't doing only twitch drops for KOTS containers, could it potentially alienate those percentage players who dont consume twitch ???

In the spirit of the Event, I would suggest being more inclusive instead of being divisive or dismissive to those who dont consume a certain platform ?

Just a few question that popped in to the ol brain.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,218
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,453 posts
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Question, wouldn't doing only twitch drops for KOTS containers, could it potentially alienate those percentage players who dont consume twitch ???

In the spirit of the Event, I would suggest being more inclusive instead of being divisive or dismissive to those who dont consume a certain platform ?

Just a few question that popped in to the ol brain.

 

The whole point of the containers is to get people to watch KOTS.  If they are choosing twitch as the platform, they want you to watch KOTS on twitch.  If they just gave it out to everyone, it wouldn't do what it is supposed to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,972
[WORX]
Members
14,126 posts
20,570 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

The whole point of the containers is to get people to watch KOTS.

POint noted and taken then I ask the follow up question... I do think its a wrong approach to get "eyes" on the event... The same way you have eyes on the WOWS podcast but half the time its people "asking for codes."

Watch it event for the event content, not for the containers... They will not see the KOTS event for what it is anyways...

Would it be better to use a different solution to this issue ?(I am out of ideas myself)

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,170
[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,390 battles
55 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

As the title of the thread says, that they've changed the structure from 6/8 containers being earnable outside of Twitch for a tournament in WoWs i.e. not Twitch to 1/8 is pretty terrible. I despise Twitch for a number of reasons (including shenanigans like this) but kept tabs on KOTS through youtube but now apparently that interest is almost worthless. :Smile-angry:

Maybe they should put them up on MySpace

  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,218
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,453 posts
21 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

 I do think its a wrong approach to get "eyes" on the event

 

I don't think it is wrong at all.

All manner of businesses do it.  "Come in today and get this free discount", frequent flyer bonuses and member's club discount cards etc.  Give our business, your business, and we will pay you for it, is pretty common.

They know that some percent of viewers are just going to mute the tab and not actually watch it. They know that that percent, is a large number.  Just like most TV commercials are ignored by most viewers, but they work "enough", that they are profitable.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
752 posts
19,884 battles

they want to draw eyes to the biggest event in WoWs (it's gotten front page attention before) so yeah I have no issue with them incentivizing twitch viewership 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,118
[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles
1 hour ago, Kingpin61 said:

they want to draw eyes to the biggest event in WoWs (it's gotten front page attention before) so yeah I have no issue with them incentivizing twitch viewership 

Contrarian that I am, I’ve never watched KotS.

From what I’ve read/heard, it holds zero attraction for me, containers or not.

Doesn’t help my workshift usually coincides with the streams.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[NWO-1]
Members
258 posts
5,599 battles

What I think is even worse is only having 8 available. So if you miss one you have to wait for the next two KoTS events to finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
750
[WOLF7]
Members
997 posts
2 hours ago, ThisIsClassic said:

Maybe they should put them up on MySpace

They should check with Tom from MySpace to clear it first. He'll probably say it's ok, he's everyone's friend. 

If he doesn't agree though, they could always create a GeoCities page that you have to use Netscape Navigator to view.  :cap_old:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[UNHLY]
Members
115 posts
14,383 battles

I spend hours a week playing this game, now I have to spend hours watching someone else play it also

Edited by roytwo
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
447
[SALTY]
Beta Testers
722 posts
8,203 battles
9 hours ago, MollyGodiva said:

What I think is even worse is only having 8 available. So if you miss one you have to wait for the next two KoTS events to finish.

*looking askance at my 15/16 KOTS collection*

:fish_nerv:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
999 posts
13 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

As the title of the thread says, that they've changed the structure from 6/8 containers being earnable outside of Twitch for a tournament in WoWs i.e. not Twitch to 1/8 is pretty terrible. I despise Twitch for a number of reasons (including shenanigans like this) but kept tabs on KOTS through youtube but now apparently that interest is almost worthless. :Smile-angry:

I dont mind twitch, it's the talentless, boring, sleep-inducing content that I cant endure to watch.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
6,911 battles
1 hour ago, roytwo said:

I spend hours a week playing this game, now I have to spend hours watching someone else play it also

You just have to have it running in the background, don't actually need to be watching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,315
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,878 posts

I expect one container this spring and thats it.

I did check the twitch (Its alive...) and so forth etc. It works. However the real world experience will decide how many if any I get from that KOTS experience. Last year when KOTS started for me the first time i opened a funny picture or two which were pretty close to the truth.

I probably will end up with a few more pictures. I will make a big push to be on time for the twitch video feeds however they have already utterly completely wrecked any kind of coherent schedulaing for the saharian Cew to break the completion of the collecting completion.

 

I really hate to be difficult however the entire situation is against. Not mentioned in the prewater storm drainc=access area punched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×