You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
brewakeg

"Dull" look of Hamburg port

25 comments in this topic

Members
373 posts
11,678 battles

I know the port is trying to replicate late afternoon/ early evening lighting, but it dulls and washes out the look of the ship.   Also dulls the camo icons when selecting expendable camos.

WOW_Port_Hamburg_Compared.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,708 posts
6,760 battles

Seems similar to other "industrial" ports such as London and Kure, accounting for time of day.  Fjords is not an industrial port so isn't as good a comparison.

[USCG]
Members
800 posts
24,600 battles

I quickly switched back to my Norwegian fishing village...

• Cool 4

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,536 posts
12,918 battles

I have to agree I thought some thing was wrong with my screen resolution I went back to the shipyard . Just not my preference that faded out look .

Your still the best though arts and graphics department you do great work !

Edited by clammboy

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,075 battles

I think that they were trying to emulate B&W, therefore emulating a sort of...placing in time sort of thing. I never use "their" ports so....I could care less.

Members
60 posts
9,688 battles

Agree. I ONLY use Fjord as my port since it has the best lighting and makes your ships look really good.

• Cool 2

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
560 posts
7,462 battles

Fjord looks good but Sarushima is even better.

• Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,075 battles
1 minute ago, Torenico said:

Fjord looks good but Sarushima is even better.

+1

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,388 battles
2 hours ago, brewakeg said:

Also dulls the camo icons when selecting expendable camos.

It's supposed to represent smog from the factories, but who really wants that?  Keep your ships in Norway.  The air is cleaner and better for your camos.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[GLF]
Members
1,185 posts
18,975 battles

I always have it set to philippines.   It irritates me that they change it all the time and I have to change it back.  Where's the checkbox for don't _____ change my port?  

[FEM]
[FEM]
Members
85 posts
194 battles

I usually have nothing but praise for the art team but the Hamburg port's latest version is bland at best. All those "banners" and flags seem sprinkled all over like during a modern sports event. Also, knowing that those iron crosses are actually stand-ins for swastikas doesn't help the overall enjoyment. I can't even put my finger on what the main problem is but I disabled Hamburg shortly after getting the patch.

Members
112 posts
3,537 battles
41 minutes ago, Lexmechanic_ said:

I usually have nothing but praise for the art team but the Hamburg port's latest version is bland at best. All those "banners" and flags seem sprinkled all over like during a modern sports event. Also, knowing that those iron crosses are actually stand-ins for swastikas doesn't help the overall enjoyment. I can't even put my finger on what the main problem is but I disabled Hamburg shortly after getting the patch.

I agree that the banners kinda ruin the look but i mostly play German battleships so i keep Hamburg as my port plus i love hearing the church bells in the distance.

[NOVUM]
Members
185 posts
6,805 battles

Yes, the port is quit hazy. They wanted to emphasize that it's an industrial port so they turned the color saturation way down.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,624 posts
23,918 battles

Zipango is my choice, I really like the quiet atmosphere

Members
67 posts
19,675 battles

They also mispelled "Deutscheland".  It's "Deutscheland" not "Deutschland".  Red Horde misinformation...

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,320 posts
15,228 battles

I miss the Winter/New Years Kure already. I liked it; it was nice and colorful.

[T_O_P]
Members
650 posts

...NOW THAT! IS A GREAT LOOKING PORT :cap_like:

speaking of ports... I always hated that they keep removing and changing them. Would've been awesome to have all of the past ports (including the different seasons)

Edited by Hammer_n_Sickle

[BTLST]
Members
308 posts
7,243 battles
2 hours ago, blimp66 said:

They also mispelled "Deutscheland".  It's "Deutscheland" not "Deutschland".  Red Horde misinformation...

You are incorrect. As a German speaker I can tell you that the German name for Germany is indeed "Deutschland".

Edited by tangofan
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[Y81]
Members
801 posts
4,041 battles
15 hours ago, clammboy said:

I have to agree I thought some thing was wrong with my screen resolution I went back to the shipyard . Just not my preference that faded out look .

Your still the best though arts and graphics department you do great work !

I thought similar,went and checked my settings in case  WG had reset the graphics settings.But it all looked how I had left it.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,601 posts
29,705 battles

Should have a mode to allow us to fly over the Reeperbahn and take in the "sights", lol.

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,734 battles
On 4/15/2021 at 11:11 AM, brewakeg said:

I know the port is trying to replicate late afternoon/ early evening lighting, but it dulls and washes out the look of the ship.   Also dulls the camo icons when selecting expendable camos.

WOW_Port_Hamburg_Compared.jpg

You really need to run filters on this game to get it to look good.  They've built it to run on potato computers and for some reason it makes it look all tator'd on all computers 
image.thumb.png.c9c7545d6c16cfed845cf7faaffe80f5.png

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,953 posts

Hamburg is a good port.

I grew up in Baltimore where its one time the very best in industry. Get a Union Hourly or Salaried with the Port or Railroad to 30.00/hr.  Or in one of the Shipping. All of that is poof now. Even the shipyards in if you are a shipping Pilot or a Port State Crane Union Operator with senority, you can make 300,000 to 500,000 depenending on your annual conditions.