You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Glamorboy

CV's shouldn't be premium

32 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
449 posts
7,053 battles

No question CV's have a large impact on the game.  So if WG doesn't quite get the stats balanced for a CV premium, it could come out very OP.

Since WG has a policy not to change premiums (which is understandable), I really think they should stop making CV's premium.

MvR was dominate upon release.  28K citadel bomb drops with regularity.  I did over 175k in clan battles regularly and sometimes 200k+.  It needed a nerf.  Imagine it was a premium though and they wouldn't?

Just saying WG, stop making CV's premium so you can balance them as needed after release.

• Funny 2
  • Meh 5

[SALVO]
Members
3,661 posts
7,508 battles

Ehhhhhhh.  I mean I dislike CVs as much as the next hater  but  they are here and If people want to buy them thats fine.    The problem with CVs won't be fixed through some small balance adjustments.  It will more likely take an AA rework that brings in manual AA  or some other larger mechanic change to address them properly. 

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[F4E]
Members
449 posts
7,053 battles

lol, it's true, the ship(s) have sailed.

My issue, you might have 6 totally balanced (with respect to each other) T10 CV's, and then they release a premium CV that is totally off the charts OP.  It sucks for the health of the game if they don't adjust that lone crazy OP CV.  But since it's premium, they won't. 

Balancing the entire class of CV's?  That's an entirely different discussion that usually happens daily.

• Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,155 posts
11,804 battles
17 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

Since WG has a policy not to change premiums

...for now. Many recent premiums have “balance” disclaimers and WG is testing nerfs to special ships. I have a feeling we are going to have a “GC-gate” 2.0 eventually, as the game continues to evolve and become more complex.

[USCG]
Members
797 posts
24,450 battles

They might not change a premium ship once it’s been released but they can change other things, namely captain skills. 

Yes, I’ll bring it up again but many of my mid-tier destroyers (mostly Russian, German) got whacked with the nerf bat with the new “Grease the Gears” skill. The old skill (Expert Marksman?) was based on gun size (smaller guns like those found on a DD) received a higher rate of improvement compared to larger ships like BBs and cruisers. The “Sand in the Gears” skill is a constant percentage increase across the board. One of my favorite DDs (Gremy) now has a slower turret traverse than the Lenin even with a super Russian skipper that has an increased grease the gears. Haven’t played her in weeks...

If they want to nerf something, WGing will find a way...

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,453 posts
35 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

lol, it's true, the ship(s) have sailed.

My issue, you might have 6 totally balanced (with respect to each other) T10 CV's, and then they release a premium CV that is totally off the charts OP.  It sucks for the health of the game if they don't adjust that lone crazy OP CV.  But since it's premium, they won't. 

Balancing the entire class of CV's?  That's an entirely different discussion that usually happens daily.

First, Immelmann is not a premium ship.  It is a special ship (Silver icon inside of gold leaf), just like every T10 that isn't tech tree.  Not a premium (gold icon inside of gold leaf).  These have always been more open to being changed than actual premiums (See Thunderer recently).

Second, he saying that that ship has sailed, because the last new actual premium that was sold in the shop (Flandre) had a new disclaimer on it that says basically "Hey, just so you know, we might change this ship".  The old adage that WG doesn't mess with premiums, seems to have left the building.

If WG wants to make direct changes to Immelmann, they are going to.

• Thanks 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,485 battles

Personally I don't like it because it means more CVs in the que...There will be a lot of people in the Imm that don't even play CVs otherwise...but I'm a CV hater so /shrug...

Members
1,581 posts
2,011 battles
58 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

It needed a nerf.  Imagine it was a premium though and they wouldn't?

Just saying WG, stop making CV's premium so you can balance them as needed after release.

I don't think you understand why premium ships exist...that's the point, innit?

[BONKS]
Members
3,079 posts
52 battles
59 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

Imagine it was a premium though and they wouldn't?

It's called Enterprise. And it is no longer on sale. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aside from that, pretty much all premium/resource CVs are actually weaker than the meta tech tree options as I'm quite sure is intended, so eh?

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
58 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

No question CV's have a large impact on the game.  So if WG doesn't quite get the stats balanced for a CV premium, it could come out very OP.

Since WG has a policy not to change premiums (which is understandable), I really think they should stop making CV's premium.

MvR was dominate upon release.  28K citadel bomb drops with regularity.  I did over 175k in clan battles regularly and sometimes 200k+.  It needed a nerf.  Imagine it was a premium though and they wouldn't?

:cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

He everyone if you enjoy flying planes around you don't get prems.

Go sit in the corner.

This is an insane idea, just insane.

• Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,049 posts
2,424 battles
On 4/15/2021 at 9:43 AM, Glamorboy said:

Why do get the feeling you got rekt by newest German CV the Immelman :Smile_teethhappy: 

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[F4E]
Members
449 posts
7,053 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

Why do get the feeling you rekt by newest German CV the Immelman :Smile_teethhappy: 

haven't played since the update, you can check my stats.

I'm just imagining a situation where WG mucks things up (small chance amirite?) and then have to open pandora's box to fix it.. or they ignore it and most people of the players get even more PO'd then they have with CVs.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
1 hour ago, Glamorboy said:

haven't played since the update, you can check my stats.

I'm just imagining a situation where WG mucks things up (small chance amirite?) and then have to open pandora's box to fix it.. or they ignore it and most people of the players get even more PO'd then they have with CVs.

as i said above... it no longer matters how many prem cv's they release....    as there are many already in the game and have been for a long time

this thread is years too late, not that it would have made any difference...

wg will just pull from the shop

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,852 posts
12,996 battles

Hello.. do yourself a favor.  Just create an account just to play CVs.  You will understand a lot.  There are days when they are nasty.  Then there is some messed-up crap that happens with them that will make you shake  your head and go "These are OP?"

Kaga gets tons of planes, but half the hps on the planes.

• Cool 1

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,050 battles

immelman is a special ship, and wg just this update did its first nerf to special ships (stalin and thunderer) which makes me think that they are over their blocks of not nerfing even special ships (which they always said was a possibility but they never did until now)

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
2 hours ago, TobTorp said:

immelman is a special ship, and wg just this update did its first nerf to special ships (stalin and thunderer) which makes me think that they are over their blocks of not nerfing even special ships (which they always said was a possibility but they never did until now)

Is 1.5 km ranger really a Nerf????  Its the guns that are the problem not the range.

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts

According to Ashconce 150k is the top damage for a CV in a good game.

How can that be OP ever?

Its just different.

Members
133 posts
12,618 battles

But this isn't really a big problem. And Immelman is subject to nerfs because they never outright sold her, same with Thunderer.

Immelman is the first Brand new Original carrier since 2019 they've released. No I don't count San Zang or the Black variants because they're copy-paste of existing ships.

This isn't a matter of Wargaming pushing out premium Carriers every 2 weeks, I don't see why you're complaining.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[BONKS]
Members
3,079 posts
52 battles
1 hour ago, Little_Miss_Carrier_Main said:

Immelman is the first Brand new Original carrier since 2019 they've released.

I'm sorry, what?

Literally every CV aside from US and IJN tech trees, Saipan, Kaga, Enterprise and GZ have been released since then. You know, since 2019 saw the release of the CV rework in general.

1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

According to Ashconce 150k is the top damage for a CV in a good game.

I would be surprised if he actually said this given that damage records go up to 550k and some CV players average more than that. In fact his own damage records easily disprove that.

A good match would be 200k+ at least. ~150k can be barely considered above average or even right on depending on your playstyle.

Edited by El2aZeR

Members
133 posts
12,618 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Literally every CV aside from US and IJN tech trees, Saipan, Kaga, Enterprise and GZ have been released since then. You know, since 2019 saw the release of the CV rework in general.

Should've said Premium CV.

There's been no BRAND NEW Premium CV since 2019 with the Indomitable. All of the others existed in some form in RTS CVs.

[A-D-F]
9,453 posts
10 minutes ago, Little_Miss_Carrier_Main said:

Should've said Premium CV.

There's been no BRAND NEW Premium CV since 2019 with the Indomitable. All of the others existed in some form in RTS CVs.

Loewenhardt was released this past summer.  It was never an RTS CV.

[BONKS]
Members
3,079 posts
52 battles
5 hours ago, Little_Miss_Carrier_Main said:

Ark Royal and Loewenhardt.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,650 posts
26,535 battles
5 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Loewenhardt was released this past summer.  It was never an RTS CV.

10 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Ark Royal and Loewenhardt.

I figured someone literally calling themselves a Carrier Main would have known that haha

[KIA-C]
Members
3,824 posts
16,790 battles
18 hours ago, Glamorboy said:

Since WG has a policy not to change premiums (which is understandable)

18 hours ago, Glamorboy said:

if WG doesn't quite get the stats balanced for a CV premium, it could come out very OP.

You're talking like only CV should not be OP but other premium are allowed to.

As much as I hate how WG handles CV balance, all premium should be subject to change if they are OP period.  What you're raising has nothing to do with CV being a premium. You're raising the very issue of why balance in this game will never be obtainable, because premium deserving a nerf cannot be nerf.