Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

For those who spend here...

26 comments in this topic

Members
2,198 posts
29,388 battles

...something to shoot for. Of course, you need to not spend for a couple of years to get it. I'd gift it if WG allowed.

WoWs200Couponingame.thumb.png.2ddea93b4a36ebbdcd4007dc9e48ca91.png

WoWs200CouponBrowser.thumb.png.323d0721c5d81d2757804a8f9bf4668e.png

This one, too, will expire unused, of course.

• Boring 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,662 posts
24,721 battles

It's been 2 1/2 months since I played. Still don't think it is worth it to login to find out if one is waiting for me.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles

If you are a spender and you have the cash for it, this is the time to buy a 30,000 dubs package... :cap_haloween:

• Haha 1

[KWF]
Members
6,570 posts
7,187 battles

Man, WG is really after you and your wallet for the past two years.

Getting a déjà vu from the times I have seen your threads on these coupons.

Edited by warheart1992

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,495 posts
18,131 battles

wait, is the thing that we going back and forth about the offer??

i spent at xmas, does it mean i dont get this offer anymore???

[SALVO]
Members
8,997 posts
6,709 battles
3 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

wait, is the thing that we going back and forth about the offer??

i spent at xmas, does it mean i dont get this offer anymore???

They give extra tempting offers to us guys that don't spend. They were so persistent a year ago that I cave in and bought Prinz E for under $10usd. 

• Boring 1

[VCW-E]
Members
7 posts
15,767 battles

Yeah... we'll buy it, and then it gets nerfed. I'm finally realizing after 10,000+ games how this works.

• Thanks 2

[NOVUM]
Members
183 posts
6,755 battles
9 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

WoWs200CouponBrowser.thumb.png.323d0721c5d81d2757804a8f9bf4668e.png

Got that one last week. Then I got this one:

coupon.thumb.png.913751bafb9afaa8041b1cd450a974b2.png

If the two coupons had overlapped and could be combined I would have been tempted to use them.

Members
2,198 posts
29,388 battles
32 minutes ago, BitCrushed said:

Got that one last week. Then I got this one:

If the two coupons had overlapped and could be combined I would have been tempted to use them.

Thankfully, I am beyond any temptation here. :)

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,337 posts

got that other day too lol, bought the 99cent tachibana lima for s&g  :Smile_teethhappy:

[MHG]
Members
496 posts
24,206 battles
7 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Thankfully, I am beyond any temptation here. :)

Hey @theLaalaa thanks for sharing. One question though, have you spent money previously in the shop and if so, can let me know how much time it has been since you last spent money on the game. It was my impression based on the experience of myself and my friends that the +200% cashback in doubloon value is only available to those who have never spent anything in the shop. I do get the -30% coupon every year on my anniversary.

Your finding (assuming you did spend in the past) means that it is still possible to get that elusive coupon, if there is sufficient time during which no spending takes place. Again, if you can give an estimate on how long this time was for you, that will be really appreciated. 

Members
2,198 posts
29,388 battles

@OnociTsalk:

Between my start date in 2015-08 and my last spend in 2016-12, I probably dropped about $70 on port slots (for me and my son-in-law) and premium time (for my son-in-law). Remember, it's now been 4 years and 4 months since I've spent money here, so it may be that I'm considered a "never spent anything" player after such a stretch of time.

• Cool 1

[MHG]
Members
496 posts
24,206 battles
1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

@OnociTsalk:

Between my start date in 2015-08 and my last spend in 2016-12, I probably dropped about $70 on port slots (for me and my son-in-law) and premium time (for my son-in-law). Remember, it's now been 4 years and 4 months since I've spent money here, so it may be that I'm considered a "never spent anything" player after such a stretch of time.

Thanks for the reply. +1. Seems like I'll need to take some austerity measures for an extended period of time.

Members
2,198 posts
29,388 battles
3 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

Thanks for the reply. +1. Seems like I'll need to take some austerity measures for an extended period of time.

I'd suggest using the $10 you'd spend on some crates and buy your wife, or mom, or cheerful fast-food drive-thru worker a dozen roses, thanking them for being sweet in a stinky world. Much, MUCH better than some pixel boat that's barely any different than the other 100+ pixel boats you already have to play with!

• Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
10,985 posts
15,481 battles

:cap_popcorn:

[MHG]
Members
496 posts
24,206 battles
7 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I'd suggest using the $10 you'd spend on some crates and buy your wife, or mom, or cheerful fast-food drive-thru worker a dozen roses, thanking them for being sweet in a stinky world. Much, MUCH better than some pixel boat that's barely any different than the other 100+ pixel boats you already have to play with!

That's deep and good advise, though I'll still try to check if WG wants to give me the coupon in 5 years time :P

Members
2,198 posts
29,388 battles
6 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

That's deep and good advise, though I'll still try to check if WG wants to give me the coupon in 5 years time :P

Understood. My reasons for not spending stemmed from objections to game mechanics (detonations, CVs, etc.) and has since moved to a personal reason that cannot be mentioned in forums.

My wife appreciates that I can enjoy this game without needing/wanting to spend on it, and flowers in her arms are a much nicer spend than a crate with Missouri in it.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
857 posts
14,524 battles

Are there limits to which ships you can buy? I remember getting a coupon once. I would have used it but the restrictions were horrid on which ships you could actually use it on. 

[A-D-F]
9,461 posts
4 minutes ago, ArtfulNothing_ said:

Are there limits to which ships you can buy? I remember getting a coupon once. I would have used it but the restrictions were horrid on which ships you could actually use it on. 

Usually if it has a restriction, it says "cannot be applied to existing discounts" or something like that.  Basically if a ship has a tag that says -15% or whatever, the coupon cannot be stacked with it.

It's usually the new ships in the shop that have this discount.

OP's coupon doesn't seem to say that but his coupon is best used for doubloons, a large amount of them, to get the most value from it.

[WOLF1]
Members
223 posts
22,066 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Usually if it has a restriction, it says "cannot be applied to existing discounts" or something like that.  Basically if a ship has a tag that says -15% or whatever, the coupon cannot be stacked with it.

It's usually the new ships in the shop that have this discount.

OP's coupon doesn't seem to say that but his coupon is best used for doubloons, a large amount of them, to get the most value from it.

There must be a limit on dubs, otherwise....I mean, think about it.  What is to keep an entire clan from creating their own economy by pooling their cash and using the coupon to get a giant pile of dubs, then simply gifting any dub purchase the clan members want to make, at effectively half off?

[A-D-F]
9,461 posts
30 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

There must be a limit on dubs, otherwise....I mean, think about it.  What is to keep an entire clan from creating their own economy by pooling their cash and using the coupon to get a giant pile of dubs, then simply gifting any dub purchase the clan members want to make, at effectively half off?

There is a built in limit on the amount of dubs you can buy at once.  The number is 1,000,000 which is $4,000 USD.

Can you gift things from the armory?  I don't think you can but I could be wrong.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,906 posts

The banking system would challenge me on a 4000 dollar purchase online. They have a daily effective limit of 3000 or less. Anything more than that in transactions up to 10,000 can and may be reported by the bank to IRS, DOJ etc as suspect.

I deal with a tiny tank, privately held. If We need to spend that kind of money and have it to spend, you will never hear from anyone. Its spent.

Thats one of the biggest reasons virtual coin in all it's forms are taking off. As long you have the relevant codes to the coinage you are completely outside of the normal day to day restrictions of the US Banks as they stand today. I am reminded of certain actions taken in our History dating to approximately 1933 that will make some pernament changes.

Another change would be digital only money. Lets say you have 1000.00 in checking. There is no point in keeping it there because they have a death date and time on that money if unspent before that day and hour. There would be no cash to speak of.

[A-D-F]
9,461 posts
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

The banking system would challenge me on a 4000 dollar purchase online. They have a daily effective limit of 3000 or less. Anything more than that in transactions up to 10,000 can and may be reported by the bank to IRS, DOJ etc as suspect.

I deal with a tiny tank, privately held. If We need to spend that kind of money and have it to spend, you will never hear from anyone. Its spent.

Thats one of the biggest reasons virtual coin in all it's forms are taking off. As long you have the relevant codes to the coinage you are completely outside of the normal day to day restrictions of the US Banks as they stand today. I am reminded of certain actions taken in our History dating to approximately 1933 that will make some pernament changes.

Another change would be digital only money. Lets say you have 1000.00 in checking. There is no point in keeping it there because they have a death date and time on that money if unspent before that day and hour. There would be no cash to speak of.

I don't use a debit card online for much of anything.  Credit cards are much safer, then just pay off what you spent right away.

That way, if your CC number is stolen, the bank's money was stolen, not the money from you bank account.

Sign in to follow this