Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

SOS Game Won't Start

18 comments in this topic

[EQV]
Members
253 posts
1,661 battles

After an apparent update to the WG launcher my WoWS will now open open selecting the desktop icon and allow me to select play however after that it opens with the loading screen cinematic and never leaves that screen, forever saying loading. It has been loading for hours at this point. What can I do to fix this. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,916 posts

Kill it. In the processes.

Take off any mods you have. Make it as stock as possible.

If you did any updating that is not of the 10.3 to other computer things you want to eliminate that. Try to get the computer back to where the game was last working.

You did not list your hardware or OS etc. So anything beyond this basic stuff is moot.

I generally have mine with the opening movie turned off. I get one screen shot of two ships and a short wait until port loads. The computer endures a error scan round the clock when necessary.

Members
5,750 posts
11,485 battles

Open the Game Center and on the Play button - choose the dropdown and run the Generate WGCheck Report.  IT will check the client files and game files in case something got corrupted.

[EQV]
Members
253 posts
1,661 battles
54 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Kill it. In the processes.

Take off any mods you have. Make it as stock as possible.

If you did any updating that is not of the 10.3 to other computer things you want to eliminate that. Try to get the computer back to where the game was last working.

You did not list your hardware or OS etc. So anything beyond this basic stuff is moot.

I generally have mine with the opening movie turned off. I get one screen shot of two ships and a short wait until port loads. The computer endures a error scan round the clock when necessary.

I don't have any mods and my OS is Windows 10 hardware is fairly standard I5 6500 and GTX 1050TI nothing special.

[EQV]
Members
253 posts
1,661 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

you can do a check and repair...

How do I do that

[EQV]
Members
253 posts
1,661 battles

Well none of that worked in fact now I can not close the loading tab anymore via the right clicking it on the taskbar or simply selecting the X in the top right. I have no idea what else to do anymore.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
42 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Well none of that worked in fact now I can not close the loading tab anymore via the right clicking it on the taskbar or simply selecting the X in the top right. I have no idea what else to do anymore.

check and repair takes quite awhile are you sure it completed?

last resort maybe to uninstall, and do a fresh install... 

[EQV]
Members
253 posts
1,661 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

check and repair takes quite awhile are you sure it completed?

last resort maybe to uninstall, and do a fresh install... 

Yeah it had finished

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,337 posts
4 hours ago, Yesman1337 said:

alt-f4 or kill it from taskmngr

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
8 hours ago, Yesman1337 said:

WoWS will now open open selecting the desktop icon and allow me to select play however after that it opens with the loading screen cinematic and never leaves that screen, forever saying loading. It has been loading for hours at this point. What can I do to fix this. 

It sounds like You have a connection issue... I recommend.. (since I didn't have any issues last night)...

1. Restart your PC along with your Modem and Router (if you have one and your ISP allow it) for 5 min...
    • Since you're a Network Admin... I would further investigate where the pocket loss, bottle neck or throttling of your bandwidth is happening.
  2. Do a check and repair in WGC after you boot right up...
  3. Load a game and check for performance issues or improvements..

This process solves the issue you described about %90 of respondents with your issue.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,805 posts
38,255 battles

Check if you have AVG Firewall. If so, for some reason it may not like it so turn it off before you launch (no worries - you still have Defender on by default).

Also check if you use a VPN. It may not like it (I had both issues starting with 0.10.2).

[EQV]
Members
253 posts
1,661 battles
8 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Check if you have AVG Firewall. If so, for some reason it may not like it so turn it off before you launch (no worries - you still have Defender on by default).

Also check if you use a VPN. It may not like it (I had both issues starting with 0.10.2).

I do have AVG but it never caused any issues before.

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
3 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

I do have AVG but it never caused any issues before.

It may have done so now... AVG is notorious for false positives and/or denying connection to a server... 

[EQV]
Members
253 posts
1,661 battles
19 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

It may have done so now... AVG is notorious for false positives and/or denying connection to a server... 

I tried that as well nothing seems to work. What else can I do.

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
1 minute ago, Yesman1337 said:

I tried that as well nothing seems to work. What else can I do.

Are you using steam version of the game ?

[VCW-E]
Members
7 posts
15,793 battles

i had to whitelist some russian ip's to continue the process

Sign in to follow this