Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

So, in preparation for the Vampire II, I bought the Haida

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,636
[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,573 battles

I feel so naked going with a low point captain, the idea of getting the Vamp II with a 3 pointer was just too scary. So, hearing good things about the Haida and knowing she'd be pulled soon from sale... and having that 25% coupon, I pulled the trigger. And after one battle I definitely see the appeal. Fun ship for sure!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,383
[WMD]
Members
1,946 posts
11,096 battles

She's a beast when it comes to bullying other DDs, with the only real downside being her weakness against CVs. I'm hoping the Vampire works out to be a T10 Haida, minus the awesomeness that comes from being Canadian. 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,097
[KWF]
Members
6,560 posts
7,170 battles

Haida is one of the most fun, meta enduring, unique premiums you can get. What you need is to take advantage of every single advantage it offers you. The high gun alpha, the Hydro range that allows you to creep on DDs at otherwise suicidal ranges or line up a torpedo run on BBs. The amazing crawling smoke. The tier VIII-IX concealment in a tier VII package.

 

Near to where I currently live (EU) there is a small artificial lake where geese, canadian ones included, have been introduced. 

A few days ago I saw one hissing and attacking a curious dog.  I was like 4-5 meters away yet still got a bit spooked by the ferocity. Must be my imagination but it felt like this cobra chicken was just repeating the word Haida over and over :Smile_trollface:.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,001
[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles
56 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

I'm hoping the Vampire works out to be a T10 Haida, minus the awesomeness that comes from being Canadian. 

You get the (far superior) awesomeness that comes from being Australian instead.

So there. :Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,614
[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

I feel so naked going with a low point captain, the idea of getting the Vamp II with a 3 pointer was just too scary. So, hearing good things about the Haida and knowing she'd be pulled soon from sale... and having that 25% coupon, I pulled the trigger. And after one battle I definitely see the appeal. Fun ship for sure!

I love that ship. It is one ship though where I wish you could prematurely turn off the smoke screen (if anyone knows how to stop a smoke screen deployment please tell me) .  Because sometimes you get in those situations where you need to pop the smoke screen just to get away to go dark.   In that case  it can get quite inconvenient that you have a trail of smoke following you  giving away where you are moving too. Also because you need to wait for the smoke to finish your reset timer might not be ready for when you want to smoke again.  

What I want to be able to do sometimes is :  

1. Pop Haida smoke to get away (yes expend a charge).

2. Cut smoke off early and get the reset timer going early. 

3. Reposition and smoke up in another place. 

Edited by eviltane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
195
[NG-NL]
Members
439 posts
11,371 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Haida is one of the most fun, meta enduring, unique premiums you can get. What you need is to take advantage of every single advantage it offers you....

Near to where I currently live (EU) there is a small artificial lake where geese, canadian ones included, have been introduced. 

A few days ago I saw one hissing and attacking a curious dog.  I was like 4-5 meters away yet still got a bit spooked by the ferocity. Must be my imagination but it felt like this cobra chicken was just repeating the word Haida over and over :Smile_trollface:.

Thanks for reminding me how much fun Haida is! I disappeared into EU DDs and...it's been too long.

Those "cobra chickens" are no joke. We had them where I grew up. They protect their nests. You will not make it to their eggs. They have no fear. They will Take. You. Down.
I think my best memories of Canada Geese were before I got old enough to play sports. The grassy field looks great from a distance, but after you slip and fall, you discover at close inspection that it's covered in bird poo. As are you, now.

May you enjoy the birds as much as you enjoy the DD. Those great V formations in the sky are something! They honk to warn other flyers to move out of the way. :Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,218
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,451 posts
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Haida is one of the most fun, meta enduring, unique premiums you can get. What you need is to take advantage of every single advantage it offers you. The high gun alpha, the Hydro range that allows you to creep on DDs at otherwise suicidal ranges or line up a torpedo run on BBs. The amazing crawling smoke. The tier VIII-IX concealment in a tier VII package.

 

Near to where I currently live (EU) there is a small artificial lake where geese, canadian ones included, have been introduced. 

A few days ago I saw one hissing and attacking a curious dog.  I was like 4-5 meters away yet still got a bit spooked by the ferocity. Must be my imagination but it felt like this cobra chicken was just repeating the word Haida over and over :Smile_trollface:.

I hate geese.  They hate me right back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
747
[WOLF7]
Members
995 posts
19 minutes ago, imaginary_b said:

Thanks for reminding me how much fun Haida is! I disappeared into EU DDs and...it's been too long.

Those "cobra chickens" are no joke. We had them where I grew up. They protect their nests. You will not make it to their eggs. They have no fear. They will Take. You. Down.
I think my best memories of Canada Geese were before I got old enough to play sports. The grassy field looks great from a distance, but after you slip and fall, you discover at close inspection that it's covered in bird poo. As are you, now.

May you enjoy the birds as much as you enjoy the DD. Those great V formations in the sky are something! They honk to warn other flyers to move out of the way. :Smile_izmena:

A goose murdered my entire family : memes

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,614
[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I hate geese.  They hate me right back.

I think Geese are funny but they deserve respect. Used to scare me lots when I was younger. They are one of the few animals not scared of a little scrap fight.     Me and the local Geese family at the farm  have arrived at an understanding now though.  I walk where I will walk and no goose gets to challenge that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,218
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,451 posts
36 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I think Geese are funny but they deserve respect. Used to scare me lots when I was younger. They are one of the few animals not scared of a little scrap fight.     Me and the local Geese family at the farm  have arrived at an understanding now though.  I walk where I will walk and no goose gets to challenge that.  

I think Canadian geese are protected here in the US as well.  I don't understand why, because they are EVERYWHERE and not a one of them is a nice goose.  They all have a bad attitude.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,614
[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles
7 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I think Canadian geese are protected here in the US as well.  I don't understand why, because they are EVERYWHERE and not a one of them is a nice goose.  They all have a bad attitude.

LoL  that they do.  BUT they respect a person  who will fight and not back down.   Kinda like a mean roosters.  Its the dinosaur / predator in them I think. They will challenge anyone and everything, If you show weakness they take advantage and try to dominate you. Birds got a super agro culture lol.    If the next generation male that takes over the local pond challenges me I am thinking of doing to him the same thing I did to my rooster.  Sit on him  till he stops struggling. Thats how chickens show dominance anyway and Geese operate in flocks too so it might work there. 

Edited by eviltane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×