You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Random Thoughts from Deep R'lyeh: The Morning After the Night Before.

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,150 posts
19,146 battles

So, when I got home from work and picking up the groceries last night, I started the game and then went and had a shower while I waited for it to do the ten billion things that needed to be done for this patch - removing the Big Hunt ships and their captains, dumping obsolete modules as per the patch notes, dropping in the XP and credit compensation, and all that stuff.

When I came back, I had a pleasant surprise. I was about fourteen million credits the richer, and both the Iowa and the Izumo had in the realm of 67,000 ship XP on them - far more than when I'd gone to bed last night. Now the Izumo hardly matters, because I'd already got the Yamato months ago, but I'd bypassed the B gunfire control system to get it. So that got researched at last, a tiny victory over my OCD, but the real prize was finding that the changes to my Iowa and research done so far had left me in a position to research and buy the new B hull immediately. Thank you, I'll take that extra ten thousand HP.

Bought the Veneto and put her intended captain in her; began the retraining process. Very interestingly, I saw that the Tier 4 through 7 Pasta-BB's were NOT showing their captains (which I had left in them last night) as requiring retraining, and I thought okay, maybe they auto-trained them this time... but when I had a closer look, it all got strange. Bizarrely, each one was described as still being trained to the ship he had transferred in from, rather than the BB he was in. What gives?

Chickened out on buying Immelmann for the coal; I think I need to see a bit more gameplay before I'm fully comfortable to push that button. Ditto Friesland. I'm not actually bothered about the whole switching-nations thing for her, just... IDK. Put it down to my Spidey Sense tingling?

We shall see.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
25,150 posts
19,146 battles
1 minute ago, Laser_Beam said:

Random picture of The Deep

image.png.cc1cc248ddec050caf2746431aedad16.png

I wouldn't drink that stuff if you paid me (okay, MAYBE if you paid me a lot). Also, I don't have a beard. 

Nice try, though. :cap_like: :Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
25,150 posts
19,146 battles
Just now, crazyeightyfive said:

image.png.d7b80c4e28c9ec37288310a2ade56a05.png

Now THAT'S more like it! :cap_cool:

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,624 posts
23,876 battles

Got 26+ millions out of the changes and the Big Hunt unused coins. Not bad at all.

Was not able to play more than 5 battles yesterday. Will look at the modules today.

Thanks for the heads-up.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,172 posts
11,848 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So that got researched at last, a tiny victory over my OCD, but the real prize was finding that the changes to my Iowa and research done so far had left me in a position to research and buy the new B hull immediately. Thank you, I'll take that extra ten thousand HP.

I had both hulls researched on Iowa, and was able to instantly grab both the propulsion and fire control upgrades. A pleasant (not quite) surprise indeed.

Bizarrely, each one was described as still being trained to the ship he had transferred in from, rather than the BB he was in. What gives?

I want to say that this is the way it has always been. IIRC, I forgot to transfer my 19pt Halsey commander off of Kansas when she left early access, and the next day he remained trained for Iowa. Under the new system, during training commander skills have no effect (rather than 50% effect) and you can run a ship without a commander, so there is no reason to run a commander that is not currently trained for or being retrained for a ship on that ship. WG removed the option to assign a captain to a ship but not start retraining as a result. It looks like WG kept the existing pattern of not retraining captains when early access ships change status from special to tech tree (a good thing, since it avoids giving players a nasty surprise), but the new UI isn’t set up to properly display it.

Edited by Nevermore135

[BEA5T]
Members
5,419 posts
25,337 battles

So, when I got home from work and picking up the groceries last night, I started the game and then went and had a shower while I waited for it to do the ten billion things that needed to be done for this patch - removing the Big Hunt ships and their captains, dumping obsolete modules as per the patch notes, dropping in the XP and credit compensation, and all that stuff.

When I came back, I had a pleasant surprise. I was about fourteen million credits the richer, and both the Iowa and the Izumo had in the realm of 67,000 ship XP on them - far more than when I'd gone to bed last night. Now the Izumo hardly matters, because I'd already got the Yamato months ago, but I'd bypassed the B gunfire control system to get it. So that got researched at last, a tiny victory over my OCD, but the real prize was finding that the changes to my Iowa and research done so far had left me in a position to research and buy the new B hull immediately. Thank you, I'll take that extra ten thousand HP.

Bought the Veneto and put her intended captain in her; began the retraining process. Very interestingly, I saw that the Tier 4 through 7 Pasta-BB's were NOT showing their captains (which I had left in them last night) as requiring retraining, and I thought okay, maybe they auto-trained them this time... but when I had a closer look, it all got strange. Bizarrely, each one was described as still being trained to the ship he had transferred in from, rather than the BB he was in. What gives?

Chickened out on buying Immelmann for the coal; I think I need to see a bit more gameplay before I'm fully comfortable to push that button. Ditto Friesland. I'm not actually bothered about the whole switching-nations thing for her, just... IDK. Put it down to my Spidey Sense tingling?

We shall see.

I finished the first stage of the Event.  Now have 1,002,982,796 credits !  That kind of was a goal but, to be truthful, something is happening behind the scenes in COOP:  the player populations simply wasn't there these past 10 days.  Morning CST games with two humans.  And, less than 4 all day long.  An occasional full game.........but, only every 4 or 5 games.   6 Losses/draws this past week.  Two, being the only human playing.   And, in one case, against four (!!4!!) Yammy's when the Yamy combat mission was running........in a Smolensk.  I stopped seriously playing for two days and nothing changed.....

All ^^^^ above is great I guess?  I'm not grinding anything so........^^^^^ doesn't matter really.  My concern is that the Mature Game Syndrome has started and we are bleeding players......  And, the state of affairs over the Skill Tree Change has caused a bunch to stop playing because gameplay simply sucks.   This German event draws out the worst in players in COOP; as, they "wander in to get what they want without any respect".....  A team killer last night........yes, reported but, a real piece of work and I logged off.   May not play the rest of the week either: the first stage is done and there is nothing left to do........and, I just won't play with a low population all day and now, a few whom think Fratricide is fun......No thanks.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,150 posts
19,146 battles
7 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

That kind of was a goal but, to be truthful, something is happening behind the scenes in COOP:  the player populations simply wasn't there these past 10 days.  Morning CST games with two humans.  And, less than 4 all day long. 

I think Big Hunt was eating most of that population up; they were scrambling to get enough points to earn the event prizes. I would anticipate it to stabilize again over the next few days as people stop playing the special mode to try and earn permacamos etc. It was quite okay last night, with human-heavy teams for all my co-op battles.

48 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

It looks like WG kept the existing pattern of not retraining captains when early access ships change status from special to tech tree (a good thing, since it avoids giving players a nasty surprise), but the new UI isn’t set up to properly display it.

Interesting. Will have to take one out tonight and see what happens.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,419 posts
25,337 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think Big Hunt was eating most of that population up; they were scrambling to get enough points to earn the event prizes. I would anticipate it to stabilize again over the next few days as people stop playing the special mode to try and earn permacamos etc. It was quite okay last night, with human-heavy teams for all my co-op battles.

Interesting. Will have to take one out tonight and see what happens.

I don't think so........  Even last night, I only saw full human teams 25% of the time.  My last match was with only two humans:  a team killer and me.  Ever play a match where the only other human is shooting torpedoes at you all game long???

Yes, I did the "reporting thing" but, Geeze, all day long with "just a few humans"...........at least I didn't draw or lose yesterday.  And, went over a Billion in credits. 

Many are talking about leaving on Discord.  Some have stopped playing but once or twice a week.  We will see where this goes but, and you may scoff at the Mature Game Syndrome (MGS) I've brought up these past few months; but, this game has that "feel of deja vu" of exactly that........  Lived through MGS 4 other times and all of my friends that play a game a week and those whom play one day a month  agree, we are there......... 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,150 posts
19,146 battles
6 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Even last night, I only saw full human teams 25% of the time. 

Well, all I can say is that your experience was not my experience. I don't mind having a bot or two - they are good cannon fodder - but last night was certainly better for me than the last three or four.