You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dad003

Immelman as good as MVR

19 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
1,174 posts
15,992 battles

i Have nearly 30 Battle in the immelman already  and i would say it is as good as the MVR before the reticule nerf .  Skip bomber is  great against DD on one drop i detonated a full HP kita but didnt get a dev strike ...

i average over 150k dmg already and looking a the last few match of the night that could go a lot more higher , torpedo flooding is a joke even with flag on

here are some of my best match today,

The salt farming was great went from 12 karma to 1 back to 5 lol , balance is nearly achieved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyNh_BHmVKQ

shot-21_04.14_18_02.15-0858.thumb.jpg.aa633a8615616d484bb3bd2decbdfdeb.jpg

shot-21_04.15_01_39.26-0511.thumb.jpg.e42833c273d9c1ccf71e6717a21aafdc.jpg

shot-21_04.14_23_49.13-0885.thumb.jpg.aabb0767fc4711adfd37fd022fb2fbd3.jpg

Edited by dad003
vid
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[KENT]
Members
420 posts
7,793 battles

I think I recognize you from one of my games. In any case, gg and well played.

Seems like immelman is a pretty good carrier. It certainly doesn't have FDR strike power or health, but skip bombers are a really interesting mechanic and pretty powerful.

Members
700 posts

Recent premium BB: Flandre

Recent premium CV: another OP flying monkey launcher that the low risk/high reward crowd can use to vacuum the fun out of matches. (Not the CV driver's fun of course, although I find watching planes fly around about as fun as watching grass grow.)

WeeGee still giving us the giant middle finger when it comes to CV balans.

I notice that there's no bugs or glitches. Unlike Flandre, I guarantee WG made sure to test this one before release.

Edited by OuijaApologist
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,286 posts
13,725 battles

I’ve debated getting this ship as the mechanic looks mad fun. I have much cv learning to do before dropping 264k coal. Nice games there op

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles
1 hour ago, OuijaApologist said:

Unlike Flandre, I guarantee WG made sure to test this one before release.

Well then, Flamu, maybe you should have not gotten yourself thrown out of the CC programme and actually stuck around to make sure it was tested properly.

(The story of how it got out into the live server without this bug being discovered would be an interesting one, but NDA is a b****.)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,504 battles

From watching videos...Its very easy and accurate to aim skip bombs(you pretty much cant miss)...They drop from long range so AA damage is much mitigated...hits for 10k+ with 2 fires on the vast majority of drops...stacks up fires / witherer like cordwood...Its bonkers...

Members
700 posts
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well then, Flamu, maybe you should have not gotten yourself thrown out of the CC programme and actually stuck around to make sure it was tested properly.

I didn't know Flamu was the only CC doing any testing at WG. I totally understand his attitude towards WG worsening over time. Especially since the devs can't be bothered to play even one match to test a ship before release. 

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

Skip bombs are a nice change of pace but I am wary of anything german :Smile_hiding:

Members
2,070 posts
12,824 battles
20 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

I didn't know Flamu was the only CC doing any testing at WG. I totally understand his attitude towards WG worsening over time. Especially since the devs can't be bothered to play even one match to test a ship before release. 

Flamu was still a CC when Flandre was in testing so he was obviously the one that failed to test it.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,705 posts
7,086 battles

To me Skip Bombers seem really bad from the gameplays I've seen.   VERY inaccurate and luck based weapon that will likely miss 3/4th of its bombs every attack, that are mostly useless against BBs (the only thing they can reliably hit) because of shatters on the thick side armor, I just don't see the point when you could be using a Midway and use the same bombs from above with better accuracy.

The torps seem weak on the immelman as well and it doesn't get rockets in any form.  

I'm sure people (like OP), can get good games in it, but it looks really bad to me.   If the torps were stronger or it got a 3rd weapon system, I might be interested, but as it stands, I'm in no rush to acquire it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,995 battles

It's a good farmer. F for battleships again.

Bombs on DDs are... well, if the DD isn't lit by another source and turns so all you have is dispersion vs. a skinny target, it's a pretty unfavorable RNG roll. But RNG giveth and RNG taketh away, so.

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
8 hours ago, dad003 said:

i Have nearly 30 Battle in the immelman already  and i would say it is as good as the MVR before the reticule nerf .  Skip bomber is  great against DD on one drop i detonated a full HP kita but didnt get a dev strike ...

i average over 150k dmg already and looking a the last few match of the night that could go a lot more higher , torpedo flooding is a joke even with flag on

here are some of my best match today,

The salt farming was great went from 12 karma to 1 back to 5 lol , balance is nearly achieved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyNh_BHmVKQ

shot-21_04.14_18_02.15-0858.thumb.jpg.aa633a8615616d484bb3bd2decbdfdeb.jpg

shot-21_04.15_01_39.26-0511.thumb.jpg.e42833c273d9c1ccf71e6717a21aafdc.jpg

shot-21_04.14_23_49.13-0885.thumb.jpg.aabb0767fc4711adfd37fd022fb2fbd3.jpg

I would its like Indom.  I have not had that much luck   with the bouncing betties yet.  Only 1 good hot for 13k.

Planes die so fast but never seem to run out.  Its an interesting ship.

Isnt it great when you do 150 and your evil and horrible destroyer of worlds. Then PQ puts out a 350k battle and its balanced.  

See you out there.

[5D]
Members
1,174 posts
15,992 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I would its like Indom.  I have not had that much luck   with the bouncing betties yet.  Only 1 good hot for 13k.

Planes die so fast but never seem to run out.  Its an interesting ship.

Isnt it great when you do 150 and your evil and horrible destroyer of worlds. Then PQ puts out a 350k battle and its balanced.  

See you out there.

that just the hypocrisies of the things , any other ship it fine cv it not lol , salt farming has never been better

• Meh 1

[DPG]
Members
2,101 posts
11,920 battles

The salt farming was great went from 12 karma to 1 back to 5 lol , balance is nearly achieved"  

You don't think there is something wrong with getting off on making other people miserable?  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,489 posts
13,186 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

It's a good farmer. F for battleships again.

Bombs on DDs are... well, if the DD isn't lit by another source and turns so all you have is dispersion vs. a skinny target, it's a pretty unfavorable RNG roll. But RNG giveth and RNG taketh away, so.

^This.

To add to what you said, It's a good fire farmer, particularly on BBs. I found it is a lot like Indom in that you rack up a lot of damage but it doesn't area control well and it isn't a good finisher either. 

The skip bombs are fun as hell to use, but they hit the belt armor quite a bit they don't have enough penetration to go through, although you will frequently get a fire or two. In my first game I got 103k alone damage on a Shikishima. He understood how to use dam con and heals so by the end of the fight he still had 1/3 health. The torps are something you use to change up while waiting for the skip bombers to come back or to try to fish for a flood. They are slow, their damage is lousy and their flooding chance is terrible. Even with the skill that reduces torpedo defenses they don't do a lot of damage. The good news is the TBs are fast and you drop 4 torps. 

I like the ship but it is less impactful on a match than Richtoffen by far. It is very, very easy for good players to manage their damage against you by proper angling and DOT management. It also really doesn't do much against DDs. You can overfly them and drop bombs on the first line but it is very unreliable and a waste of cycle times on your bombers unless the DD is very low. (I clocked a 1/4 health Kleber with one and he still didn't sink.). 

I do recommend the ship. It is a lot of fun in randoms. It should do ok in co-op too because the bots don't maneuver effectively and you can skip bomb outside of their AA range. I doubt it will be good in ranked or clan battles. It doesn't have enough fighters to police a cap or provide vision control, and it doesn't have a lot of ability to deal with DDs or smaller cruisers. 

[5D]
Members
1,174 posts
15,992 battles
1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

The salt farming was great went from 12 karma to 1 back to 5 lol , balance is nearly achieved"  

You don't think there is something wrong with getting off on making other people miserable?  

maybe this game aint for you then ,  becasue him just playing the game as the developper intended it to be , you dont like it its your problem so go to your safe space  this aint one

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[FEM]
[FEM]
Members
85 posts
194 battles

The MvR's reticle nerf was heavy-handed and excessive. It got YueYang'd to oblivion.

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
4 hours ago, dad003 said:

that just the hypocrisies of the things , any other ship it fine cv it not lol , salt farming has never been better

Oo yes.  PQ just put out a 325k game.  Sounds like a Nerf is in order.

Love the salt...

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

By the time I have the coal for it, it'll be nurfed into the ground.