You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

I Was Wrong About The German DD Split

5 comments in this topic

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,074 posts
27,844 battles

First I have to admit I was wrong. I'm really enjoying the new German DD split. Though I had said the line seemed like a flop, I'm not as sure now. 

Now I'm not saying they're going to be good in the meta or powerful choices for any competitive mode. I will say though that on a "fun and engaging level," they're great in my opinion. However, I'm not sure others will feel the same, but perhaps, as I love the really odd ships and underdogs (Yahagi for example).

The way the guns work has that same rewarding feeling as the Italian Cruisers. To do the best damage you must have very specific aim. Accurate shooting feels rewarding. That's a huge plus. It also helps I dont feel like I'm just getting the thrill of immense power creep that will fade away. 

The Italian BBs and the American BB split are both flops for me, but I'm not a BB main. I suppose I can see how the American BBs might be cool to some but the Italians feel horrible. I have to admit that I felt WG was on a string of poor ship choices but I'm going to add a +1 to their redemption pile from me.

Anyway, I'd say give these new ships a chance if you're looking for a new way to gunboat that doesnt feel like copy pasta or power creep.

• Cool 4

[WMD]
Members
1,950 posts
11,096 battles
6 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

I'm not. It's just another money grab by WG. This crap is wearing thin....

It's a tech tree, you can literally play them for free... 

There is a story about a boy and a wolf, perhaps you should refresh yourself on it. 

• Cool 6
  • Haha 2

Members
519 posts
931 battles
57 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

I'm not. It's just another money grab by WG. This crap is wearing thin....

Yes. They are "money grabbing" a silver tech tree line.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles
12 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

First I have to admit I was wrong. I'm really enjoying the new German DD split. Though I had said the line seemed like a flop, I'm not as sure now. 

Anyone who has one of these ships already has to have whaled for tokens, right? You can't earn enough of them so quickly otherwise, right? 

That said, it's your right to do so if you want, and I'm grateful to those who do it and can start playing the new line in early release immediately. 

Oddly enough, I've enjoyed both the US BBs and the Italian ones; but just looking at what others have said and gameplay seen so far, I've got my doubts about this line. More data required. 

I reground the Gaede and probably have enough XP on it to pick up the Z-31 immediately it goes live, so I could ignore this entire event if I wanted to... but if I get it in pre-release I'll never know if I was right! :Smile_veryhappy: