You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

25 comments in this topic

[UNHLY]
Members
3,427 posts
26,188 battles

Well after the  " glitches " of last night getting German tokens then losing them after re logging (  funny how new patches go through public server tests ( 2 sometimes ) and a 1 to 3 hour live server check and they still have issues ) I woke up this morning turned my computer with positive thoughts, got up early for a big day of gaming :Smile_Default: then I read the DEV blog on a new mechanic :Smile_facepalm:.

Now to be fair I read it twice I read all the current replies and while it was mostly positive there was some who put a big BUT in there as well.

Contrary to what people who actually do bother to read my posts think I'm am PRO WOWS, I would like to just write positive uplifting posts and threads.

However this one will not be again.

looking at this new mechanic design brings 3 things to mind 

1. Was this 1 of 2  alternative Captain skills that may have been implemented but DEADEYE chosen, now that PLAN A has been soundly rejected PLAN B has been put in play.

like many of the BUT's have said this will have impact on new players against veteran players I.E seal clubbing which is still a issue now.

2. Main Battery Reload Booster or MBRB  this new mechanic sounds very similar to it ?

Don't the French have this already if every nation has this, there goes the French National Flavour now all they have is there Speed Boost !! oh wait that's right that's gone to as a number of other ships now have speed boost.

3. Premium Ammo, one could argue that this mechanic could be a alternative ( to a lesser extent ) maybe that's a stretch but who knows, German CV's with skip bombers, anything is possible.  

WG please don't turn this game into  FORTNITE ON WATER

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
10 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Well after the  " glitches " of last night getting German tokens then losing them after re logging (  funny how new patches go through public server tests ( 2 sometimes ) and a 1 to 3 hour live server check and they still have issues ) I woke up this morning turned my computer with positive thoughts, got up early for a big day of gaming :Smile_Default: then I read the DEV blog on a new mechanic :Smile_facepalm:.

Now to be fair I read it twice I read all the current replies and while it was mostly positive there was some who put a big BUT in there as well.

Contrary to what people who actually do bother to read my posts think I'm am PRO WOWS, I would like to just write positive uplifting posts and threads.

1. Was this 1 of 2  alternative Captain skills that may have been implemented but DEADEYE chosen, now that PLAN A has been soundly rejected PLAN B has been put in play.

like many of the BUT's have said this will have impact on new players against veteran players I.E seal clubbing which is still a issue now.

2. Main Battery Reload Booster or MBRB  this new mechanic sounds very similar to it ?

Don't the French have this already if every nation has this, there goes the French National Flavour now all they have is there Speed Boost !! oh wait that's right that's gone to as a number of other ships now have speed boost.

3. Premium Ammo, one could argue that this mechanic could be a alternative ( to a lesser extent ) maybe that's a stretch but who knows, German CV's with skip bombers, anything is possible.  

I have predicted the advent of VT shells that may be premium ammo as a stopgap to fixing aa. Hope that doesn’t happen

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
6 minutes ago, tm63au said:

To be fair, it may not be a skill, but a universal mechanic, in which case it wouldn't disadvantage new players.

6 minutes ago, tm63au said:

We don't know that they'll use RoF, that was just provided as an example. And assuming it stacked with MBRB, French don't lose flavour.

What we might see is the mechanic having different effects for different ship types. (if universal) BBs might get dispersion bonus, CAs might get RoF bonus.

Until I have info on how it will be implemented, I won't worry too much.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
2 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

I have predicted the advent of VT shells that may be premium ammo as a stopgap to fixing aa. Hope that doesn’t happen

I can't see it TBH.

The issues with AA can't be fixed merely by adjusting damage.

If they leave it alone until it gets fixed, nobody's going to get angrier. If they simply up the damage, CV players will get angrier. Players of other ships will be happier, but by the looks of the effects of all these people supposedly not spending on WG's latest antics, nothing will be gained by it, especially if the "fix" tilts the balance back the other way.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I can't see it TBH.

Would my prediction help here? 

Members
2,070 posts
12,824 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I can't see it TBH.

Pretty sure most people would say AA was fixed if they made all ships do 10k DPS.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
1 minute ago, Boomer625 said:

Would my prediction help here? 

Yeah, but you mentioned them as a stopgap until AA is fixed. Your prediction involves something a lot more involved. If they did the work to implement your prediction, it would likely be permanent.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
2 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

Pretty sure most people would say AA was fixed if they made all ships do 10k DPS.

Only because they don't care if CVs are viable or not.

Any "fix" WG does to AA is not going to produce night and day results.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Yeah, but you mentioned them as a stopgap until AA is fixed. Your prediction involves something a lot more involved. If they did the work to implement your prediction, it would likely be permanent.

True, maybe like a partial fix then?

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles
13 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

Premium shells you say :Smile_teethhappy: Will CVs get the same premium treatment also :Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles

Mark my posts date and time... The new Mechanic, will only benefit one ship class... Place your bets on which ship class that will be.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
43 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

True, maybe like a partial fix then?

I don't think a straight up damage boost will cut it.

The problem with flak isn't the damage, it's that it's too easy to avoid.

[-MWM-]
Members
36 posts
7,763 battles
35 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Mark my posts date and time... The new Mechanic, will only benefit one ship class... Place your bets on which ship class that will be.

what do i win when you're wrong?

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
36 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Meh, even if they make it universal, it'll still benefit BBs the most.

I mean, as far as guns go, basically you can buff reload, range, damage, dispersion or pen.

BBs have the highest of all of those, so any %-based buff will benefit them most by default. Some ships would benefit almost not at all depending on what you buff. 

IOW, it doesn't matter much whether they single out BBs, or apply it universally.

.........you did mean BBs, right?

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
4 minutes ago, Itsa_Me_Stalio said:

what do i win when you're wrong?

With Statistics, math and precedence on my side... I will double the bet of my assertions...

Edited by Navalpride33

[-MWM-]
Members
36 posts
7,763 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Statistics and math on my side... I will double the bet of my assertions...

Funny you should bring up statistics... ;)

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
Just now, Itsa_Me_Stalio said:

Funny you should bring up statistics... ;)

I will go there when my confidence is tested :Smile_veryhappy:.

The only way I can be proven wrong, if I see a change of course from Lesta... So far, no signs of it happening.

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

.you did mean BBs, right?

No comment 😉😉, I maintain the 5th against self incrimination for the integrity of the final result outcome to be without my interference :Smile_trollface:.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,916 posts

The French use the booster for reloading main guns rounds.

The Japanese use it to heft torpedoes and stuff them into tubes.

The Germans apparently use it now to go into automatic bang bang mode.

The Americans cannot be bothered.

The British would need a little help over their fish and chips.

and I can go on and on.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I don't think a straight up damage boost will cut it.

The problem with flak isn't the damage, it's that it's too easy to avoid.

Well the VT shells made hitting things easier due to sensing the plane and exploding a large area, so increase flak cloud size by 100%?

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
2 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

Well the VT shells made hitting things easier due to sensing the plane and exploding a large area, so increase flak cloud size by 100%?

That's not a bad idea, even if some different number were used.

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
5 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

Premium shells you say :Smile_teethhappy: Will CVs get the same premium treatment also :Smile_trollface:

No. Already had.We have Chucky in the game.

[B2P]
Members
13 posts
4,415 battles
8 hours ago, tm63au said:

Premium Ammo would kill the game for anyone with a brain.

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,316 posts
15,200 battles
9 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

Would only be fair. Give CVs proximity fuses for torpedoes that can citadel warships explained as the torpedo detonating just under the keel.

• Cool 2