You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ryantobin7

a bug with new update,get to starting screen cant get into match

24 comments in this topic

[AOD_B]
Members
5 posts
1,862 battles

everytime i go into a match,the list of ships come up, 30 second timer and start battle button are there, i click on the start battle button it doesnt work and after the timer runs out it goes away,cant alt f4 i have to task manager out of game start over load up to get into the match,and ways to fix this?

[1-]
Beta Testers
96 posts
9,875 battles

Same thing has happened to me today, but only twice.

Of course that is two times too many

[AOD_B]
Members
5 posts
1,862 battles
4 minutes ago, Oldsarge_1 said:

Same thing has happened to me today, but only twice.

Of course that is two times too many

everygame for me

[WORX]
Members
14,124 posts
20,570 battles
1 hour ago, ryantobin7 said:

everytime i go into a match,the list of ships come up, 30 second timer and start battle button are there, i click on the start battle button it doesnt work and after the timer runs out it goes away,cant alt f4 i have to task manager out of game start over load up to get into the match,and ways to fix this?

I would investigate the following...

1. Check your firewall partitions...
  2. Check your Connection locally
  3. Check on your connection performance with your ISP... Just to see if there's any performance restrictions.
  4. If all of the above checks out... Do a Check and repair in the client...

This process clears up the problem for %80 of the casses with your issues.

• Meh 1

[AOD_B]
Members
5 posts
1,862 battles
14 hours ago, deadmeat2012 said:

Have you updated any mods you use?

i have now working now also

[-AGW-]
Members
45 posts
21,103 battles
15 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I would investigate the following...

1. Check your firewall partitions...
  2. Check your Connection locally
  3. Check on your connection performance with your ISP... Just to see if there's any performance restrictions.
  4. If all of the above checks out... Do a Check and repair in the client...

This process clears up the problem for %80 of the casses with your issues.

Can you please elaborate on how to check my firewall partitions? I've been a network administrator professionally for almost 30 years and have never heard of a firewall "partition".

Have been seeing this problem since the update yesterday, at first suspected a mod so I cleared my res_mods folder and was able to get back into game and play several matches without issue. Logged back in today with vanilla client, first match was stuck at the battle loading screen again, restarted client and was able to get back in around the 10 minute mark of the match. It was a Random battle so thankfully no one was too upset but this issue is making me shy away from playing Ranked due to the major impact an AFK player has in Ranked - I don't want to be a bad teammate.

[WORX]
Members
14,124 posts
20,570 battles
1 hour ago, Glyn47 said:

Can you please elaborate on how to check my firewall partitions? I've been a network administrator professionally for almost 30 years and have never heard of a firewall "partition".

Have been seeing this problem since the update yesterday, at first suspected a mod so I cleared my res_mods folder and was able to get back into game and play several matches without issue. Logged back in today with vanilla client, first match was stuck at the battle loading screen again, restarted client and was able to get back in around the 10 minute mark of the match. It was a Random battle so thankfully no one was too upset but this issue is making me shy away from playing Ranked due to the major impact an AFK player has in Ranked - I don't want to be a bad teammate.

Partition or Permission, You can clarify for me, which one is the correct phraseology... I left the sector a long time ago, I may  use incorrect term or terminology.. 

You have a connection issue... I recommend.. (since I didn't have any issues last night)...

1. Restart your PC along with your Modem and Router (if you have one and your ISP allow it) for 5 min...
    • Since you're a Network Admin... I would further investigate where the pocket loss, bottle neck or throttling of your bandwidth is happening.
  2. Do a check and repair in WGC after you boot right up...
  3. Load a game and check for performance issues or improvements...

GL

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[-AGW-]
Members
45 posts
21,103 battles

Thanks Navalpride I will your suggestions.

[X_X_X]
Members
40 posts
5,863 battles

I've been having the same problem after the update. Using Aslain's 0.10.3 #3 modpack (used 1 and 2 earlier--which had the same problem).
The battle WILL start the first time I log in and attempt battle (random). After that I need to kill the process and restart the game to quickly get back into the random game. My ship will be in battle and at that point if I click anywhere on the screen (perhaps that's not necessary) the mouse disappears and the game takes me into battle.

This will work every time but I have to restart the game for every battle.

I've done a check and repair of the game install countless times. That doesn't fix the issue.
I'm using Windows 7, but that should not cause the problem.

My connection is fine. It worked before the update.

Edited by Tom_Voke

[MOOBS]
Members
11 posts
5,436 battles

Yep same for me. Happening about every 3 games. 

Have to task manager kill the process. When I rejoin, the HUD is frozen - HP, minimap etc all frozen. Have to kill and rejoin again.

Just alpha testing things

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,180 posts
8,095 battles

Everygame for me..also,  using Aslains 10.3?    Stuck at load in screen, will not load into match.  have to use task manager to restart client to load into match.   

[UNC]
Members
966 posts
6,513 battles

Same thing for me; stuck at map loading screen even when ship list shows me as fully loaded into game.  Have to use Task Manager to kill then restart the game.  Brief hang at the map loading screen then I appear in battle.  Currently using Aslain's 10.3 #5, downloaded this morning.  Working on running file checks on the game, but don't expect to find anything.

[UNC]
Members
966 posts
6,513 battles

Small sample size but after removing the Battleframe minimap mod I had been using the problem seems to be resolved. 

Edited by Uncle_Lou

Members
58 posts

OK...after some tweaking ..I have found , that for me, disabling AutoSpy's mini map mod stops this problem for those running Aslain's Modpack version 5......

now to find a solution for high tier lemming-ning teams

[DANTO]
Beta Testers
217 posts
8,292 battles
3 hours ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Small sample size but after removing the Battleframe minimap mod I had been using the problem seems to be resolved. 

holy shoot i use same minimap mod. might try that. 

[MOOBS]
Members
11 posts
5,436 battles

I tried disabling Autospy and kept crashing immediately...

Looking at Aslain's posts, seems confident it isn't the modpack

Members
188 posts
265 battles

If you have the problem please try the following:

1. close game
2. rename the file "preferences.xml" to "preferences.xm_" (found in the WoWs main folder, e.g. C:\Games\World_of_Warships; if extensions are hidden on your PC rename "preferences" to "preferences_old")
3. start game and play

Renaming the file causes WoWs to not see it anymore and it will create a new file "preferences.xml". It will, of course reset most of your ingame settings. You can always revert to your old settings by deleting the new preference file and undoing step 2.

Please post here how this works out for you.

If you are confident in changing content of files:

Open preferences.xml in an editor. Search for this line

<preferences.xml>
    <scriptsPreferences>
        <ui>
            <battleLoadingTabIndex>    1    </battleLoadingTabIndex>

Change the value to "0" or "2".
Instead of team line-ups you will either see the Mission tab or the Hints tab.

Edited by Lazy_Joe
Added detailed solution attempt.
  • Cool 1

[X_X_X]
Members
40 posts
5,863 battles

Everything seems to be okay now. Aslain noted that he found a change in the new WoWS update that the modders didn't take into account.

[AK]
Beta Testers
37 posts
11,581 battles

Played 4 games using Aslain Modpack #7 with glitch fix.  I was using all my regular mods, including some which were implicated in the glitch.  No team list game entry freezes.  Game is working fine.  This sequential number of 4 games in a row for me is essentially diagnostic for a fix.  I was unable to get that far without issues since the update on Wednesday unless I used safe mode / removed all Aslain mods.

Aslain's explanation for the glitch with his mods was as follows:  "In 0.10.0.0 or so, WG changed the code of client and some mods stopped to show some values, it was minimap mods (missing circles), Team HP Bar plus, some side panels. As a workaround to this problem modders asked me to patch their mods nor modded client files with a special entry. Apparently in 0.10.3.0 something has changed and this entry is not needed anymore, I removed installation of this workaround in my modpack #07. Of course nobody told me to stop patching." 

Will update if anything negative happens.

- Klebs (NA)

[WGF]
Members
97 posts
11,848 battles

I did a full uninstall / re-install of wows and aslains, and been fine since

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,521 posts
13,571 battles

Had not played in a while and got same issue. I updated aslains to latest and so far so good.