You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Undo flooding nerf please

21 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Make DDs grin again.

Of course, given Russian BBs have limited DCP....WG gonna say "how about no?"

Now, present your thoughts fellow forumite scum :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles

It needs to be undone.

This nerf went Live at the same time the CV Rebork went Live.  Personally, I thought the reason the Flood Nerf happened was because of Rebork CVs planting torps more easily, making Floods a more dire threat than ship launched fish.  But as time has gone on, I noticed air dropped torps are way worse in landing Floods.  If one looks at Flood Chances between air dropped torpedoes and ship launched ones, the differences are quite big.  You can land lots of Torpedo Bomber dropped torpedo hits and Flood ribbons can still be rare.

The Flood Nerf needs to be undone because the threat as presented by Torpedo Bomber Floods is low.  Meanwhile, harder to land ship launched Torpedoes got kicked in the balls for a threat that never really was there to begin with.

Floods used to be a major concern before the nerf, it needed good consumables management.  Now people can tank Floods like you do a single Fire, no problems.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,852 posts
12,996 battles

DD main,  I say no.  They tank the flooding you need to work with the team to communicate when they are on fire and using consumables.  Some do this, wish more would.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,516 battles

Maybe somewhere in between...right now its pretty inconsequential...before it could be a death sentence...I think the right balance is meeting more halfway...

• Cool 1

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles
12 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It needs to be undone.

This nerf went Live at the same time the CV Rebork went Live.  Personally, I thought the reason the Flood Nerf happened was because of Rebork CVs planting torps more easily, making Floods a more dire threat than ship launched fish.  But as time has gone on, I noticed air dropped torps are way worse in landing Floods.  If one looks at Flood Chances between air dropped torpedoes and ship launched ones, the differences are quite big.  You can land lots of Torpedo Bomber dropped torpedo hits and Flood ribbons can still be rare.

The Flood Nerf needs to be undone because the threat as presented by Torpedo Bomber Floods is low.  Meanwhile, harder to land ship launched Torpedoes got kicked in the balls for a threat that never really was there to begin with.

Floods used to be a major concern before the nerf, it needed good consumables management.  Now people can tank Floods like you do a single Fire, no problems.

Undoing it will only benefit CV since they land more torps easier than a surface ship by default. They may have a lot lower flood chance but they get way more chances to get a flood.

[GLF]
Members
1,185 posts
18,964 battles

I like the idea. 

I could see restoring some flood time to DD torps and keeping aerial torp flood times the same?   Doesn't have to be old levels with like 90 second flood times, but maybe at least throw a bone to the DD torp floods?  

The idea will of course get shot down (unlike planes in this game) but I am glad OP brought it up at least.  

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles

Been saying "undo the flood nerf" since they implemented it back in patch 0.8. series...

Torps now hit like pillow fists and the "flood" is of less importance then taking AP DMG from high caliber guns... 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,521 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

nerf went Live at the same time the CV Rebork went Live.  Personally, I thought the reason the Flood Nerf happened was because of Rebork CVs planting torps more easily, making Floods a more dire threat than ship launched fish. 

Do you remember all the 400,000 plus Hakuryu damage "records" that were a combination of the old flooding mechanics and the "broken" state of that CV's torps for a few weeks? Such records should be asterisked as even those who attained them are never going to be able to repeat them.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,521 posts
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Been saying "undo the flood nerf" since they implemented it back in patch 0.8. series...

Torps now hit like pillow fists and the "flood" is of less importance then taking AP DMG from high caliber guns... 

Under the old captain skills I could get flooding down to 14 seconds in my Montana. I'm not sure what it is now.

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

BBs with the skill rework, gotten way to much flood protection... I mean torps hit at %8 server wide... With the protection BB gotten with the cpt skill rework, you would think its in the high %90 range...

While AP DMG protection is non existent... Sinks the majority of cruisers/ships within 10min of battle... Torps never done that before.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles
3 hours ago, Vekta408 said:

Undoing it will only benefit CV since they land more torps easier than a surface ship by default. They may have a lot lower flood chance but they get way more chances to get a flood.

Their rates for causing floods are very low.

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Their rates for causing floods are very low.

I guess getting zerged by and watching others get spammed by torp bombers for the last two years doesn't count.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles
Just now, Vekta408 said:

I also don't need to eat a Tide Pod to know it's a dumb idea.

You are already well past that.

The Flood rates were already very low with air dropped torpedoes, and that's a fact.

[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts

Remember when people were saying flood damage for DDs was actually going to be increased because players would just let the floods go, lol...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles

2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Remember when people were saying flood damage for DDs was actually going to be increased because players would just let the floods go, lol...

People just tank Floods now like they do a Fire.  You can be sloppy now with consumables.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,521 posts
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't know how much else to explain that air dropped torpedoes have lower flood chances than the ship launched ones.

Is the Wiki still accurate on that? I know that many things have changed in the game. If it is, then ship torpedoes mostly have either close to 100% or over 100% (i.e., guaranteed?) flooding chance whereas aerial torpedoes are mostly at or below 50%.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Is the Wiki still accurate on that? I know that many things have changed in the game. If it is, then ship torpedoes mostly have either close to 100% or over 100% (i.e., guaranteed?) flooding chance whereas aerial torpedoes are mostly at or below 50%.

A quick spot check on Fitting Tool to the wiki with:

VII DD Shiratsuyu upgraded torps, 287% flood chance.

VIII DD Benson upgraded torps, 279% flood chance.

VIII CV Lexington upgraded torp bombers, 52% flood chance.

... At least shows the above 3 examples to be correct and in line with the Flooding wiki entry.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles

Flooding hasn't broken the core combat of the game because it's been rendered pretty pointless since the Nerf just after the CV Rebork went Live.

People tank Floods no problem like they do a Fire, and Repair Party heals it all back anyways, like it does Fire damage.

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Flooding hasn't broken the core combat of the game because it's been rendered pretty pointless since the Nerf just after the CV Rebork went Live.

The issue is though it didn't help or hurt CV but it did hurt destroyers. Even with the flooding nerf CV have still added a cumulative amount of problems because of what they are and how weegee implemented the rework. It goes back to that whole issue of how disproportionately they have affected every other ship class. It has little to do with the stats the wiki gives.

That would really be the issue with undoing flooding nerf. No one would benefit except for CV's and the game would just have another issue on top of all the issues we currently have. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles
1 hour ago, Vekta408 said:

The issue is though it didn't help or hurt CV but it did hurt destroyers. Even with the flooding nerf CV have still added a cumulative amount of problems because of what they are and how weegee implemented the rework. It goes back to that whole issue of how disproportionately they have affected every other ship class. It has little to do with the stats the wiki gives.

That would really be the issue with undoing flooding nerf. No one would benefit except for CV's and the game would just have another issue on top of all the issues we currently have. 

Low Torpedo Bomber flooding prospects I can live with.  But what's happened with ship launched torpedo flooding, that part isn't good.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles
1 hour ago, Vekta408 said:

Kaga/Kaga B, Saipan and Immelmann look forward to implementation of @Reymu's suggestion with malicious glee. :Smile_trollface: