Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Big Max (PVE Thread)

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

13,000
[PVE]
Members
14,477 posts
30,708 battles

So I grabbed the new T10 Italian BB this morning and the new T10 Special Premium KM CV Max Immelmann. I wanted to try the BB 1st and get the dockyard stuff for this week done before playing the CV.  All that is done so I finally got a few CV games in. Thought I would share my impressions on it for Co-op FWIW to anyone...

  • It is basically the same as MVR other than the planes more or less (torp plane is a different model)
  • Secondary guns are good like they are on MVR. For Co-op a full sec build w/ flag will net you a 10.4km range and they are pretty good.  If you pick your times to brawl it does very well just like MVR. Honestly I have played it just as I do all the KM CV's. I hit full speed, head for the nearest cap, use my planes until I get to the cap, and then I let the secondary guns do their thing as I brawl whatever ships are at the cap and manually steer the CV. If things start to go south I will ram something to do as much as I can before going down.
  • As far as planes go they are super fast and super fragile but that is ok. You get one attack in and then F back to the CV and rinse repeat. Big Max has a LOT of planes on deck (26 of each type - might just be 24 I have a module or skill that adds +2 I think). It reminds me a little of Kaga with the big squadrons, big reserves, but weak planes. Big Max regens planes fast too.
  • Torps are pretty easy to use and you get 4 p/ drop. I like the fast German torp reticule. These are probably your best weapon for Co-op as they are so much easier to use than the bombers and the damage is more consistent. I have been using mostly bombers trying to get used to the new type but eventually I will use torps as the main weapon. Co-op games are too short for DOT Fires so raw alpha is where it is at and the torps are betetr at that.
  • Skip Bombers are interesting. These are most definitely NOT OP. They do start fires super easy (Thunderer of the sky) but you need a pretty flat hull broadside to get the most out of them. Just a slight angle and you get bounces. They have good alpha but you need that perfect 4 bomb hit that all pen to get a big hit and those are rare (so far anyway). It is definitely a DOT Fire weapon not a big alpha strike weapon. The reticule is not hard to use per say BUT it does take timing and lead estimation. If you don't lead enough all or most miss behind and if you don't drop with it on the right area of the target ship the bombs fall short or skip right over it with no hits. What I do like is you start your run outside of the AA flak and only just get into the flak as you are dropping so you can attack, drop, F out, and lose very few planes as they are super fast and scream away like the dickens. Actually, the torp planes and bombers are so fast that they return to the CV very quickly and because you have such a large reserve you can keep a steady stream of planes going out. Obviously the easiest ships to hit are BB's then CV then Cruiser and last is DD's with the bombs. I have hit a few DD's but it is hard. Almost best to wait for the last reticule line to be on the DD and do a direct drop on it vs a skip drop.
  • AA on this is not very good. It is adequate but it isn't the no fly zone the other T10 CV's are. If the bot CV goes for you it will get through and hit you if you don't maneuver your CV a bit. 
  • IF you like playing CV's in Co-op you will do ok with it. You can get enough attacks in even on a short game to do some damage and break even or make a little. It's also another ship for special events, nation/ship specific tasks, and flake events. 
  • Would I recommend it? Yes but only if you like CV play otherwise no.
  • I don't see this becoming a favorite for me like FDR has but I will play it now and then for sure as it is not a bad ship. Kind of reminds me a bit of indomitable with it's one trick/gimmick which gets boring after doing it over and over.

Port shot and best game so far...

f60BrFZ.jpg

l1cNCrk.jpg
 

Spoiler

 

OHiNtWy.jpg

egCB4vp.jpg

 

 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,095
[ARGSY]
Members
25,148 posts
19,146 battles
54 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You can get enough attacks in even on a short game to do some damage and break even or make a little.

I take it that she has the same stupidly low basic service cost as the other T10 specials, especially once you throw in clan bonuses and the like?

(Aircraft losses are a different matter, of course, but they're up to the player to manage properly.)

56 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Kind of reminds me a bit of indomitable with it's one trick/gimmick which gets boring after doing it over and over.

Indomitable is truly a one-trick pony because all she can do is start fires. Here at least we have the possibility of throwing flood damage into the mix.

I've seen Ahskance demonstrate 10K-plus from the bombs in the training room, but that's admittedly the theoretical potential under the best conditions and I agree not every attack is going to be like that (thank God), particularly against bots that know exactly when to angle to you to frustrate you the most.

 

Obviously for myself I'm looking at this ship from an "also plays Randoms" perspective, but given the amount of co-op I actually do play, it's REALLY good to see your thoughts on the matter. Just seeing the thread title told me you seem reasonably pleased with her (or at the very least, not DISpleased); and as some of the downsides you raised aren't always going to be applicable to me (particularly as regards the usefulness of damage over time), it strengthens my resolve to toss some coal out the door when I get home and get her in my port. :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles

I wish I could get Immelmann. I don't have enough coal, and even after taking the discount coupon into account, I'm still short of 20k coals. :Smile_sad:

Sob sob.

images.jpeg.5273fbf436c370f872a93acd81994d6c.jpeg

I guess this is what I get for taking too long of a hiatus from the game, for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,049
[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,646 battles

at 1400 average per day, you'll have her in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Efros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
756
[WOLF7]
Members
1,018 posts
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So I grabbed the new T10 Italian BB this morning and the new T10 Special Premium KM CV Max Immelmann. I wanted to try the BB 1st and get the dockyard stuff for this week done before playing the CV.  All that is done so I finally got a few CV games in. Thought I would share my impressions on it for Co-op FWIW to anyone...

  • It is basically the same as MVR other than the planes more or less (torp plane is a different model)
  • Secondary guns are good like they are on MVR. For Co-op a full sec build w/ flag will net you a 10.4km range and they are pretty good.  If you pick your times to brawl it does very well just like MVR. Honestly I have played it just as I do all the KM CV's. I hit full speed, head for the nearest cap, use my planes until I get to the cap, and then I let the secondary guns do their thing as I brawl whatever ships are at the cap and manually steer the CV. If things start to go south I will ram something to do as much as I can before going down.
  • As far as planes go they are super fast and super fragile but that is ok. You get one attack in and then F back to the CV and rinse repeat. Big Max has a LOT of planes on deck (26 of each type - might just be 24 I have a module or skill that adds +2 I think). It reminds me a little of Kaga with the big squadrons, big reserves, but weak planes. Big Max regens planes fast too.
  • Torps are pretty easy to use and you get 4 p/ drop. I like the fast German torp reticule. These are probably your best weapon for Co-op as they are so much easier to use than the bombers and the damage is more consistent. I have been using mostly bombers trying to get used to the new type but eventually I will use torps as the main weapon. Co-op games are too short for DOT Fires so raw alpha is where it is at and the torps are betetr at that.
  • Skip Bombers are interesting. These are most definitely NOT OP. They do start fires super easy (Thunderer of the sky) but you need a pretty flat hull broadside to get the most out of them. Just a slight angle and you get bounces. They have good alpha but you need that perfect 4 bomb hit that all pen to get a big hit and those are rare (so far anyway). It is definitely a DOT Fire weapon not a big alpha strike weapon. The reticule is not hard to use per say BUT it does take timing and lead estimation. If you don't lead enough all or most miss behind and if you don't drop with it on the right area of the target ship the bombs fall short or skip right over it with no hits. What I do like is you start your run outside of the AA flak and only just get into the flak as you are dropping so you can attack, drop, F out, and lose very few planes as they are super fast and scream away like the dickens. Actually, the torp planes and bombers are so fast that they return to the CV very quickly and because you have such a large reserve you can keep a steady stream of planes going out. Obviously the easiest ships to hit are BB's then CV then Cruiser and last is DD's with the bombs. I have hit a few DD's but it is hard. Almost best to wait for the last reticule line to be on the DD and do a direct drop on it vs a skip drop.
  • AA on this is not very good. It is adequate but it isn't the no fly zone the other T10 CV's are. If the bot CV goes for you it will get through and hit you if you don't maneuver your CV a bit. 
  • IF you like playing CV's in Co-op you will do ok with it. You can get enough attacks in even on a short game to do some damage and break even or make a little. It's also another ship for special events, nation/ship specific tasks, and flake events. 
  • Would I recommend it? Yes but only if you like CV play otherwise no.
  • I don't see this becoming a favorite for me like FDR has but I will play it now and then for sure as it is not a bad ship. Kind of reminds me a bit of indomitable with it's one trick/gimmick which gets boring after doing it over and over.

Port shot and best game so far...

f60BrFZ.jpg

l1cNCrk.jpg
 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

OHiNtWy.jpg

egCB4vp.jpg

 

 

Nice write up on the Max (Mighty Max?). Since they are removing the Lowenbrau soon, what are your thoughts on her? Trying to decide if she's worth getting for PVE only.

Mighty Max (toyline) - Wikipedia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles
6 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Since they are removing the Lowenbrau soon, what are your thoughts on her? Trying to decide if she's worth getting for PVE only.

Lowenbrau? You mean Loewenhardt, the Tier VI Premium German CV?

I donno if you want my opinion, but I personally say YES, she is definitely worth it.

I'm a PvE-only main, and she became my go-to CV for the Tier VI Operations. She's so much better than Weser, that's for sure, lol. :Smile_hiding:

Her dive bombers are strong, packing a wallop, and they have same kind of circular aiming reticle as Graf Zeppelin's dive bombers... except hers is so much more accurate, so it's actually usable and quite reliable. Plus, her bombers drop HE bombs, so you can even use it against DD's... and just about anything. I consider Loewenhardt's dive bombers to be almost an universal bomber for tackling everything, lel.

Besides, they're the actual Stukas. Who doesn't like Stukas, among WW2 German planes? LUL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Her rocket planes are okay. They do their job of poking at cruiser citadels, on broadsides.

IMHO, her torpedo bombers are her weakest link. They're okay, damage wise... but slow as molasses. Kinda. You're gonna need to lead quite a bit, and sometimes even bots can wiggle a bit to dodge, lal.

One downside is that despite nearly identical secondary suite as GZ, she's not very good for speccing for it. She doesn't have the boosted accuracy like the other German CV's, plus the range is too short.

Another is that the size of her squadron and the reserve is kinda small. Losing some planes can actually hurt.

Lastly, she uses Stukas for both dive bombers and torp bombers... but NO STUKA SIREN. Seriously, what blasphemy is this, WeeGee?? :Smile-angry:

Still, I think she's a gud and fun bote to play, especially in the Operations. :Smile_Default:

My 2 Stuka bombers. Please take my opinion not with a grain of salt, but with a grain of sugar, thank you... lol. :fish_cute_2:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,000
[PVE]
Members
14,477 posts
30,708 battles
30 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Nice write up on the Max (Mighty Max?). Since they are removing the Lowenbrau soon, what are your thoughts on her? Trying to decide if she's worth getting for PVE only.

Mighty Max (toyline) - Wikipedia

It's sort of a mini Graf Zeppelin with HE bombs that hit hard instead of AP. IT's decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
756
[WOLF7]
Members
1,018 posts
21 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Lowenbrau? You mean Loewenhardt, the Tier VI Premium German CV?

I donno if you want my opinion, but I personally say YES, she is definitely worth it.

I'm a PvE-only main, and she became my go-to CV for the Tier VI Operations. She's so much better than Weser, that's for sure, lol. :Smile_hiding:

Her dive bombers are strong, packing a wallop, and they have same kind of circular aiming reticle as Graf Zeppelin's dive bombers... except hers is so much more accurate, so it's actually usable and quite reliable. Plus, her bombers drop HE bombs, so you can even use it against DD's... and just about anything. I consider Loewenhardt's dive bombers to be almost an universal bomber for tackling everything, lel.

Besides, they're the actual Stukas. Who doesn't like Stukas, among WW2 German planes? LUL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Her rocket planes are okay. They do their job of poking at cruiser citadels, on broadsides.

IMHO, her torpedo bombers are her weakest link. They're okay, damage wise... but slow as molasses. Kinda. You're gonna need to lead quite a bit, and sometimes even bots can wiggle a bit to dodge, lal.

One downside is that despite nearly identical secondary suite as GZ, she's not very good for speccing for it. She doesn't have the boosted accuracy like the other German CV's, plus the range is too short.

Another is that the size of her squadron and the reserve is kinda small. Losing some planes can actually hurt.

Lastly, she uses Stukas for both dive bombers and torp bombers... but NO STUKA SIREN. Seriously, what blasphemy is this, WeeGee?? :Smile-angry:

Still, I think she's a gud and fun bote to play, especially in the Operations. :Smile_Default:

My 2 Stuka bombers. Please take my opinion not with a grain of salt, but with a grain of sugar, thank you... lol. :fish_cute_2:

 

18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It's sort of a mini Graf Zeppelin with HE bombs that hit hard instead of AP. IT's decent.

Alright, thanks for the opinions. Lowenbrau seems like a solid buy, even for PVE. I have not been impressed with Weser, so I was reluctant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,228
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles

This CV super specializes for going after capital ships.  DDs are a pain to attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles

Hmm... should I? :Smile_hiding:

lol_dilemma.thumb.png.1696ae436a703f45fb6e213d4764b17b.png

I'm a PvE-only main, so I don't do any Ranked or Clan Wars, and I don't even remember how I ended up with some steel on my account... but this is awfully tempting, lol. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
485 posts
22,014 battles
20 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I'm a PvE-only main, so I don't do any Ranked or Clan Wars, and I don't even remember how I ended up with some steel on my account... but this is awfully tempting, lol. :Smile_hiding:

If you really want to, do it.

But... 20k coal isn't hard to come by and MAX just hit the Armory. Better use of that steel will come around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles
49 minutes ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

If you really want to, do it.

But... 20k coal isn't hard to come by and MAX just hit the Armory. Better use of that steel will come around.

You're right. I'll just wait till I have enough coal... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
749
[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,065 posts
53,675 battles

Thanks for the review from the co-op perspective.  Right now, the Max is on the top of the list for my next coal ship.  I'm not in a hurry since I'm spending all my game time on grinding the IJN DD line for the RB and also grinding the new Italian BB line.  The upcoming German DD split will also need my attention when they are released.  But I have til June before my current coupon expires so I have two more months before having to pull the trigger.  I don't have any tier 9/10 premium/special CVs at this point even though I have all the tier 10 tech tree ones.  And getting the Max will mean I have more flexibility in what steel ship I want next since FDR won't be as 'needed'.  And Austin, for steel, looks promising so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,228
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles

I'd say Midway, Hakuryu, MVR are better CVs.  Max has been interesting so far but the limitations against DDs is annoying.  Still workable though.

 

Not to mention you are getting a Tier X CV for mere coal.  I have to stress how much of a bargain that is.  The grind towards a Tier X CV is a long grind, and if you do this primarily with PVE, the experience is even worse.  CVs struggle to do well in typical Co-Op games that go short.  The longer a Co-Op game goes, the better the chance for a CV to get a decent BaseXP reward or even top the ranks of that match.  But the games are typically short.  If the other players are competent then you'll get middling performance and rewards at the very best.  Captain Average Co-Op Joe derping around in his BB not being serious is typically going to do better than you working hard in your CV.

There is also the fact that the CV Lines are only even tier, so the grind between ships feels like a big undertaking.

Another brutal fact with grinding CVs is that outside burning FreeXPs, you have painful grind decisions.  This isn't like a regular ship line where you just focus on the Hull Modules and get out of the  tier and get to the next one with no problems, especially for a DD.  Playing with Stock Aircraft hurts.  You want to just use the bare minimum of XPs and get to the next CV, but playing Stock planes is awful.  But if you spend the XPs to use upgraded planes, your stay in that CV becomes longer.  The Tier VI CV grind shouldn't be bad since we have Tier VI Operations like Aegis and Raptor Rescue.  But everything else doesn't have Operations to speed things up unless you burn a lot of FreeXP. 

The Tier VIII -> X CV grind in particular for PVE, is a brutal grind that sucks the soul and fun out of you.

And when you DO finally get to the Tier X CV like Hakuryu, you are further insulted that you got 3 more upgraded aircraft squads to grind:  MVR, Midway, Audacious, Hakuryu.  The stock aircraft even for the Tier X CVs still suck a**.  Midway gets another green weenie in you because she has FOUR planes to upgrade into, the extra plane is to give you the ability to use either HVAR or Tiny Tim rockets.

 

Meanwhile with Max Immelman, you could be a newbie to CVs, or started on it and you're still in Tier IV or VI CVs.  Cough up some Coal, and *BAM!*  You got a fully upgraded, ready to go Tier X CV.  If you're a newbie to CVs you got a lot to learn but the above painful grinds, you don't have to endure unless you want the other CVs.  You also have to deal with High Tier AA, which can be very ferocious even in Co-Op.  You can have lineups in Co-Op where the weakest AA ship is a Halland, that's not going to be fun even in a Tier X CV.  Again, I think MIdway, Hakuryu, MVR are better Carriers with Hak & Midway being pretty universal against targets, but the grind to get to a Tier X CV is substantial.

 

Max Immelman also comes with typical Tier X Perma-Camo.  It's a big plus because Tier X Perma-Camo has a -50% post battle servicing cost reduction.  Tier X CVs are costly to run.  Planes come under the Ammunition part of battle costs and if you had to use a lot of planes, that's going to hurt your credits even more.  You can bleed credits real bad even though you had a decent game if you do not run Tier X Perma-Camo on them, even for Co-Op.  So the Perma-Camo makes the economy for your CV there a lot more bearable.  Couple that with Clan facilities, etc. and you'll be okay.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage#Permanent_Camouflage

Typical Tier X Perma-Camo bonus, cost for a normal one is 5000 Doubloons:

-3% to surface detectability range.

+4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.

-50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.

+20% credits earned in the battle.

+100% to experience earned in the battle.

... And this comes with Max Immelman because she's a Premium Ship.

fcoJ2Ho.jpg

And as a Premium Ship, you can freely swap in your favored CV captain and not have to worry about being stuck for specialization on one CV or whatever.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The stock aircraft even for the Tier X CVs still suck a**. 

Hey now, I like the stock Focker-Wulf 190's on Richthofen. :Smile_sad:

But you're right, they do blow rear ends... lol. :Smile_hiding:

You can probably tell that I'm still grinding through the stock planes on my Richthofen, lel. :Smile_hiding:

 

8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

... And this comes with Max Immelman because she's a Premium SPESHUL Ship.

Fixed it for ya, lul. :Smile_trollface:

 

Mang, I really want to get Immelmann... sigh. :Smile_sad:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,228
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles
13 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Hey now, I like the stock Focker-Wulf 190's on Richthofen. :Smile_sad:

But you're right, they do blow rear ends... lol. :Smile_hiding:

You can probably tell that I'm still grinding through the stock planes on my Richthofen, lel. :Smile_hiding:

 

Fixed it for ya, lul. :Smile_trollface:

 

Mang, I really want to get Immelmann... sigh. :Smile_sad:

I would love nothing more than to use AD-1 Skyraiders for Midway because those planes actually served post-WWII on US flight decks for a long time.  But in WoWS, they suck a** compared to the BTD-1 upgraded planes of Midway.  The BTD-1 has a funny history, especially with how it's presented in WoWS.  It had problems in development and Douglas, the company that headed its development, had it's design team stop and designed something better... Which eventually led to the AD-1 Skyraider.

 

Yet the Skyraider is trash in this game while the inferior BTD-1 are the best planes for Midway.  The Skyraider served from 1946 thru 1973, for both the US Navy & Air Force, through the Korean War and even Vietnam.  But in WoWS, it sucks.

Operating off of USS Princeton for the Korean War.

1920px-AD_Skyraider_VA-195_USS_Princeton

Below in 1955.

AD-6_Skyraider.jpg

Below in 1958.

1920px-AD-5W_on_deck_USS_Kearsarge_1957-

1965 below in Vietnam.

A-1H_Skyraider_of_VA-25_with_toilet_bomb

And USAF Skyraider below in 1970.

A-1H_602SOS_Jun1970.jpg

But in WoWS, that plane sucks.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles

I guess it pays to poke around sometimes, especially after being gone for a while... lal. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

I was snooping around the armory, just out of the blue and curiosity... and coincidentally saw this:

20210415211155_1.thumb.jpg.2c9d8ba6fd978fa29ec61432f79954ca.jpg

Because I was on a hiatus, I didn't know these were even available. Then again, I'm never interested in things like the Big Hunt in the first place, since it's still a PvP mode. Still, it was a good thing I caught them, before they all went away... since each of those bundles offered 5000 coals, for mere costs of credits and Free XP.

Because after I bought those things, I ended up with this:

20210415211206_1.thumb.jpg.0e44d9cdbe1445bb4adc188d91771572.jpg

Just a thousand or so coal left to gather for my own Immelmann. Hooray~. I feel like I got quite lucky this time... lol. :crab::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

By tomorrow, I should have my own Immelmann... and I'll be even happier, lel. :fish_cute_2:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,228
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles

Ha, that should be 1 day's worth of Daily Containers to get 1k Coal.  You may even get lucky and get the Triple Coal Drop from a single crate.

 

Edit:  I've put in 9 games in MI.  My Tier X CV Co-Op numbers so far.  MI has been weird but I'll settle into it eventually.

28zfFoc.jpeg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,095
[ARGSY]
Members
25,148 posts
19,146 battles
12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The Skyraider served from 1946 thru 1973, for both the US Navy & Air Force, through the Korean War and even Vietnam.

One of the few prop planes to have an air-to-air score against jets, and all the remarkable for the fact that it isn't a purpose-built fighter. One of them was, IIRC, taken off and flown with the wings folded

7 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

By tomorrow, I should have my own Immelmann... and I'll be even happier, lel.

The torpedo bombers feel just like Kaga. The skip bombers are a weird combination of rocket fighter and bomber in that your ordnance is bombs but you're launching them from a distance. Given the requirement for a broadside to have maximum effect, getting in a bit of practice with tech-tree German rockets (if you have a KM tech-tree carrier) is not out of order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

One of the few prop planes to have an air-to-air score against jets, and all the remarkable for the fact that it isn't a purpose-built fighter. One of them was, IIRC, taken off and flown with the wings folded

The torpedo bombers feel just like Kaga. The skip bombers are a weird combination of rocket fighter and bomber in that your ordnance is bombs but you're launching them from a distance. Given the requirement for a broadside to have maximum effect, getting in a bit of practice with tech-tree German rockets (if you have a KM tech-tree carrier) is not out of order.

I saw NoZoup's latest video on Immelmann yesterday, and it looked so interesting and awesome, it made me desire for her even more. The skip bombing looks quite fun, I would say. Of course, I would need to actually try her out first, before passing any judgment. :crab:

I wish today was my day off. Lousy work forces me to wait till evening. Sigh. :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790
[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles
12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

 

Welp, I finally got my hands on Immelmann, and... I really need to practice scoring hits with the skip bombing, lol. :Smile_hiding:

Additionally, I really wish the skip bombers had the Repair Party consumable too, just like how the torpedo bombers do. :Smile_hiding:

I think that's all I'm gonna say for now, lel. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×