Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Phrozt

ZF-6 Dockyard - Testing the limits of what ppl will pay for steel. (Breakdown comparing to Hizen DY)

15 comments in this topic

[B3ERS]
Members
30 posts
4,272 battles

To quote @Cit_the_bed from his reward breakdown for the Hizen, "Hizen  ZF-6 is just the decoration on a big fat cake of steel and research points coal." ( https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/231591-total-costs-and-rewards-for-hizen-broken-down-dockyard-explained/ )

It seems WG got wise to that sentiment, and they are now testing just how much they can charge people who want to buy steel. In this latest dockyard, we see about the same overall price... and yet, a reduction in rewards.

To start, here are the changes to the structure and cost of Dockyard, including the "starter packs" (EDIT: For some reason, I can't add "Total Cost" to the last column in the header):

Ship Main Starter Pack Cost/Stage Booster Pack Cost/Stage Extra Stages Cost/Stage
ZF-6 8 stages for 8,950 1,118.75 3 stages for 5000 1,666.66 11 2,200 38,150
Hizen 10 stages for 9,950 995 4 stages for 5000 1,250 12 1,950 38,350

Already, the ZF-6 costs just barely less, despite having 4 less stages, but if we're looking at this from the point of "buying" steel, then missing those 4 stages is even worse!!  Almost 1,000 less steel, no research points/unlocking RB.. and it's just about the same price! (More expensive if you factor in the fact you could reduce the price w/the ship/coupon thing from Hizen).

Completing the dockyard events would reward the following premium resources:

• Hizen: 5,200 steel, 10,400 research points (and unlocks research bureau, w/monthly research points, if you haven't reset a line yet)
  • ZF-6: 4,400 steel, 66,000 coal

Next, we have the fact that the Hizen dockyard gave **TWO** extra ships in the rewards!! One of which being one that you could use coupons and such on, so that when you got doubloons in compensation, you actually *save* money on the overall event.

Finally, we have all the other rewards stacked up:

Reward Hizen ZF-6
Ships Yahagi, Tachibana None
Perm Camo 1 New Year T9 None
Reg Camo 35x Winter 15x Hunter 15x Black White Red
Coal 12,000 12,000
Steel 2,000 None
Premium 2 days 4 days
FXP 10,000 15,000
Commander XP None 200,000
Credits None 3,000,000
Special Flags 10x of *8* types 10x of 6 types
Containers Santas - 1 Mega, 2 Big, 1 Small 10x Gift Containers
Extras
  • Fast path to Stras (10k doub value)
  • Fast path to Santa cpts
  • T9 Snowflake
  • T8 Snowflake
None

When you stack everything up, for roughly the same price, the ZF-6 is SIGNIFICANTLY lower in value, w/the most important part being that you get ***2,800*** less steel!!

I'm not even going to take the time to compare the difference of difficulty/time sink of the two dockyard events, because there is absolutely no reason to entertain the idea of paying for this dockyard.

Edited by Phrozt
  • Cool 7
  • Thanks 9

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,445 posts

Yeah not spending cash on ships in the dock yard.  The only one ii actually spent anything in was Odin nd even then it was more free dubs than real cash . Saving up from crates and Christmas ..

The event is passable, grind what you can and grab what you can. Call it a day and move on.

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles

Considering ZF-6 was originally intended to be tier VIII, maybe the Dockyard rewards were made to reflect that. The ship changed tier, yet the rewards didn't get an upgrade. Still, it's quite possible that ZF-6 is a better ship than Hizen, so there's value if you are after the ship itself.

• Meh 2

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles

The Hizen dockyard was the super-special Christmas/New Year event, which this is not, and a relative valuation has to take that factor into account. The Odin event was the first Dockyard with the new system (and the first after the PR debacle), so it was also going to be a big thing.

In my opinion, the more appropriate comparison is with the Anchorage event.

That being said, if you're after a Tier 9 German premium DD for something closer to the price of a T7, and you either don't have the coal for Z-44 or you prefer to spend it on something else, this event is definitely worth a look.

1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Still, it's quite possible that ZF-6 is a better ship than Hizen,

I was interested in Hizen, I got Hizen and I like Hizen. This DD looks totally uninteresting to me. Better is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks 1

[B3ERS]
Members
30 posts
4,272 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Still, it's quite possible that ZF-6 is a better ship than Hizen, so there's value if you are after the ship itself.

Most forums posts comparing numbers talk about how terrible the ZF-6 is, and I'm watching multiple CCs *trying* to do anything they can to make the ZF-6 work.

The result is that these CCs find is that the ZF-6 is terrible, and the new tech tree line of german DDs are massively OP and will most likely get nerfed.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,453 posts

Yeah I chose to just by the minimum required phases for the $20 and do the grind.  I took a quick look at each mission and while it's a grind, it's a reasonable one.  Assuming you are ok with the grind and you like the DD, the asking price for the ship is not a bad deal at all but, that's all I went for.

[BEA5T]
Members
603 posts
19,164 battles
3 minutes ago, Phrozt said:

Most forums posts comparing numbers talk about how terrible the ZF-6 is, and I'm watching multiple CCs *trying* to do anything they can to make the ZF-6 work.

The result is that these CCs find is that the ZF-6 is terrible, and the new tech tree line of german DDs are massively OP and will most likely get nerfed.

For COOP I have found it to be not so bad.   Not the greatest as you can do real good or do not much at all.  

Also you do get a perm camo

CaptureZF6.PNG.20d309f9eb13cf613cb7da8ead2f0b06.PNG

Edited by Noworriesderpy1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,269 posts
12,524 battles
21 minutes ago, Phrozt said:

TLTQBR (Too Long To Quote But Read

Just looking at the rewards when I opened the dockyard, they did feel less.

Thank you for the math.

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I was interested in Hizen, I got Hizen and I like Hizen. This DD looks totally uninteresting to me. Better is in the eye of the beholder.

I still think that flare on the ship’s stern is weird, design precedent or not, but overall I’ve liked the ship.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,445 posts
56 minutes ago, Phrozt said:

That already happend yesterday . Dev blog confirms it .

Changes to ships 10.4 or something like that.

[B3ERS]
Members
30 posts
4,272 battles
50 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

For COOP I have found it to be not so bad.   Not the greatest as you can do real good or do not much at all.  

Also you do get a perm camo

CaptureZF6.PNG.20d309f9eb13cf613cb7da8ead2f0b06.PNG

That's a perm for the dockyard ship itself.  Hizen also got a perm camo, but in addition, there was a T9 perm camo you could use on any other ship.

[BEA5T]
Members
603 posts
19,164 battles
1 minute ago, Phrozt said:

That's a perm for the dockyard ship itself.  Hizen also got a perm camo, but in addition, there was a T9 perm camo you could use on any other ship.

Oh that one ... yea I can see it that way.   They did the same camo for any VIII ships as well. 

[FRR]
Members
1,023 posts

I'd rather get Steel for free. There are a lot of possible real life events that can intervene down the line. 

[Y0L0W]
Members
520 posts
10,160 battles
2 hours ago, Phrozt said:

Is this a troll? ZF-6 is a very strong DD, and most CC's I've seen have struggled to make the new German DD's work.

2 hours ago, Versili said:

That already happend yesterday . Dev blog confirms it .

Changes to ships 10.4 or something like that.

There's been no announced changes to any of the German DD's.

[B3ERS]
Members
30 posts
4,272 battles
17 hours ago, SirPent13 said:

Is this a troll? ZF-6 is a very strong DD, and most CC's I've seen have struggled to make the new German DD's work.

Just because it's easy, these are Mr__Gibbins's numbers on the two from yesterday. This is with him being silly on the Schultz and doing things he knew would get him killed in some games.  He was regularly hitting 120k+ in damage.  The guns were destroying *BBs*!  As he describes it, it's a "It's not for hunting down other dds, it's a sniper dd meant to punish cruisers and battleships."  He tried to build the ZF-6 a  few different ways though, and it just wasn't really good at anything.  Very clunky.

image.thumb.png.0c33d2955a31366ed27e1cf9f1688c37.png

Sign in to follow this