Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tangofan

To buy a dockyard booster pack? The one information I need that the dockyard mission groups don't show

4 comments in this topic

[BTLST]
Members
305 posts
7,137 battles

One of the steps to decide whether it's worth buying a starter pack for the dockyard I'm taking  a look at the dockyard missions to get some sense of whether you can complete the dockyard mission groups. Unfortunately there is one critical piece that you don't get for future mission groups and that is the number of individual missions you need to complete in order to complete each groiup.

For the current group "Draughts and Designs" you can see that there are 9 missions of which you need to complete 6 to finish the group. Unfortunately part of this information is currently not shown for any of the future groups,, that is you can see the total number of missions and their individual requirements, but not the number of missions you need to complete that group. This was the same for the Hizen dockyard event and there the number of missions you needed to finish to complete a group stayed the same, but there is no guarantee for that.

So for that reason alone I won't buy any booster pack, since I don't know, if I can finish all mission groups. It is probably too late now to change that in the UI, but I hope that WG would change the UI in the future to show this critical information for future missions groups. E.g. on those steps instead of showing "Complete missions in any order" they could show "Complete 6 missions in any order" (or whatever the actual number is).

@Hapa_Fodder would it be possible for WG to publish that information (number of missions to complete each of the future dockyard mission groups) for the current dockyard event here in the forums (or wherever else they deem appropriate) , so we can make an informed decision on the booster packs? Or does WG intentionally not publish that information?

Edited by tangofan
  • Funny 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
22 minutes ago, tangofan said:

One of the steps to decide whether it's worth buying a starter pack for the dockyard I'm taking  a look at the dockyard missions to get some sense of whether you can complete the dockyard mission groups. Unfortunately there is one critical piece that you don't get for future mission groups and that is the number of individual missions you need to complete in order to complete each groiup.

For the current group "Draughts and Designs" you can see that there are 9 missions of which you need to complete 6 to finish the group. Unfortunately part of this information is currently not shown for any of the future groups,, that is you can see the total number of missions and their individual requirements, but not the number of missions you need to complete that group. This was the same for the Hizen dockyard event and there the number of missions you needed to finish to complete a group stayed the same, but there is no guarantee for that.

So for that reason alone I won't buy any booster pack, since I don't know, if I can finish all mission groups. It is probably too late now to change that in the UI, but I hope that WG would change the UI in the future to show this critical information for future missions groups. E.g. on those steps instead of showing "Complete missions in any order" they could show "Complete 6 missions in any order" (or whatever the actual number is).

@Hapa_Fodder would it be possible for WG to publish that information (number of missions to complete each of the future dockyard mission groups) for the current dockyard event here in the forums (or wherever else they deem appropriate) , so we can make an informed decision on the booster packs? Or does WG intentionally not publish that information?

sort of related but it's the same for all of these things, such as the ITA BB events, for each 'week' when looking ahead you have no idea how many must be completed... is it safe to assume if week 1 is 6 of 9 will week 3 be also 6 of 9... i dunno the answer to that one

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles

On the basis of previous events in this dockyard format, you can expect all of the stages to require the same number of missions completed. Nevertheless, in the remote past it hasn't always been the case and I agree that having this explicitly stated in the UI would be a nice touch.

This is one of the reasons I don't buy booster packs at all; I sacrifice some savings to be sure that I can complete all the stages and to have sufficient time to judge from others' play and reviews whether the ship is worth paying the dubs to obtain at the end.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,916 posts

Thats why I buy out the dockyard first day, first hour using bonus savings or incentives where possible.

I already completed all but the BB Potential damnge and are waiting three days for the next dockyard set of missions ot kick in.

The Pureto Rico Dockyard missions were ground out and lost with 4 hours still needed to finish the last few. So not doing that again.

Its all about steel, Resarch points amont oher things.

I have stated in the past that spending is always in doubt. However so it is. However there are certain things that I will pay for that steel is one of these. WG has not realized that yet.

Sign in to follow this