You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

ZF-6 Dockyard Progress Thread (PVE Thread)

122 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
14,456 posts
30,525 battles

Week 1 done. I am not buying this one out and didn't buy any starter packs. Not sure if I will even spend the doubloons at the end for the ship if I finish? The plan is harvest what I can and forget the rest.

Did:

• 12 Fires
  • 600 Ribbons
  • 550K Damage (Main and/or Secondary Guns)
  • 5.5 Million Credits
  • 700 Main Gun Hits  w/ DD 
  • 12 D-Cap Ribbons w/ Cruiser

week 1.jpg

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,795 posts
31,081 battles

Nice.  I couldn't even get logged on this morning.  Hope whatever is glitching gets resolved by the time I get home from work.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,445 posts
13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Week 1 done. I am not buying this one out and didn't buy any starter packs. Not sure if I will even spend the doubloons at the end for the ship if I finish? The plan is harvest what I can and forget the rest.

Did:

• 12 Fires
  • 600 Ribbons
  • 550K Damage (Main and/or Secondary Guns)
  • 5.5 Million Credits
  • 700 Main Gun Hits  w/ DD 
  • 12 D-Cap Ribbons w/ Cruiser

week 1.jpg

Nice and Ditto.

:cap_tea:

[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles

Could you share if you don't mind how many battles it took you? Consider me curious especially on the 5.5mil credit task in Co-op.

Edited by warheart1992

[PVE]
Members
14,456 posts
30,525 battles
20 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Could you share if you don't mind how many battles it took you? Consider me curious especially on the 5.5mil credit task in Co-op.

Luckily I haven't logged out of the game yet so I was able to see how many games it took.

• 5 games in Cristoforo Columbo (this did 12 fires, 600 Ribbons, and 550K main or sec gun damage)
  • 3 Games in Harugumo (this did 700 main gun hits w/ DD)
  • 2 Games in Smolensk (this did 12 D-Caps w/ Cruiser)
  • 7 Games in Missouri (this finished the 5.5 Million credits needed which was just under 4 Million).
  • 17 games total
  • Thanks 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,811 posts

you can also do the 5.5mil in operations and leverage flags for both credits and XP's, if its the last remaining one to be done.

[PVE]
Members
11,153 posts
19,431 battles
4 minutes ago, b101uk said:

you can also do the 5.5mil in operations and leverage flags for both credits and XP's, if its the last remaining one to be done.

It's not worth using signals and camos on Newport Operation, actually it's really not much worth playing at all, unless you just want to shoot at stuff and lose the battle or you might 1 or 2 star it a couple of times out of 10 battles.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,343 posts
18,848 battles

She sits in my port at this very moment. :Smile_Default:

44 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's not worth using signals and camos on Newport Operation, actually it's really not much worth playing at all, unless you just want to shoot at stuff and lose the battle or you might 1 or 2 star it a couple of times out of 10 battles.

No, but folks can divi up for the other Op's, particularly Narai. :Smile_great:

[PVE]
Members
11,153 posts
19,431 battles
5 minutes ago, Volron said:

No, but folks can divi up for the other Op's, particularly Narai.

True and it would be nice if WG had a place to pick an Operation and wait for a team to gather. The place they have now is low tech and it's not very good, it does work but you have to wait a long time (usually) to get on a team.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
8,197 posts
6,785 battles

Admiral: "I am speed, once more." LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

My progress:

ZERO, lel. :Smile_hiding:

I'm at work, so I won't be able to log in until like... 9pm tonight, or something... lul. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,650 posts
26,535 battles

Skipping out on this one.  Just not sold on ZF-6.  Sure, buyout for grinding Steel & Coal is nice, but I already did that for some recent Dockyard ships.  Hell, I bought out Hizen and she's been sitting in port ever since her event ended.  I forked out money for the ITA BB Early Access Event and bought T-61 yesterday, so I'm tapping out for this run.

Godspeed, gents.

[PVE]
Members
14,456 posts
30,525 battles
21 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Skipping out on this one.  Just not sold on ZF-6.  Sure, buyout for grinding Steel & Coal is nice, but I already did that for some recent Dockyard ships.  Hell, I bought out Hizen and she's been sitting in port ever since her event ended.  I forked out money for the ITA BB Early Access Event and bought T-61 yesterday, so I'm tapping out for this run.

Godspeed, gents.

I didn't buy it out either and I don't care about ZF6. I am just going to gather what I can. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,650 posts
26,535 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I didn't buy it out either and I don't care about ZF6. I am just going to gather what I can. 

For the time being, I'm just going to play without something forcing me to do something in the game.  Events are nonstop and this will be a nice break.  As well as a break for my wallet.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,485 posts
25,821 battles

I got 4 tasks done out of the 6 needed.  Working on the 50 kills and the 5.5 million credits.

I did buy the two boosters because I am trying to catchup on Steel and coal for the next round of new offerings.  I will not buy any more dockyard steps.

I know I will be spending 35k coal at the end of the month for the new IJN Commander.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,210 posts
26,329 battles
21 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

For the time being, I'm just going to play without something forcing me to do something in the game.  Events are nonstop and this will be a nice break.  As well as a break for my wallet.

I have been playing just a match or two a day for a while. The tier 7 Italian BB just destroyed my joy in playing the game. Such a miserable ship (I call it the Cockroach) with the wonky dispersion. It is so bad that it can take me two games just get that first daily crate and that is using signals and good camo with premium time. It looks like WoWS is going the way of WoT for me. My strategy is "One and Done" in Tanks because I get some freebies just by playing one match a day. I do that hoping that something happens with the game to rekindle my interest and I will have stockpiles of consumables to use or sell. Not sure what I will do going forward with Ships since I am playing other games now and having fun. Playing a match or two a day only takes 10-15 minutes but it is just a miserable experience that I can not wait to get that crate and "CNTL+ALT+DEL" my way out of the program and get to playing something I enjoy. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
8,197 posts
6,785 battles

My progress update: I bought the starter pack. Yippee, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

The end. :Smile_hiding:

For day one, I got... none of the tasks done yet. I think I gotten sloppy already, lel. :Smile_hiding:

[P-V-E]
Members
1,811 posts

My main motive for getting her with doubloons was the steel, if I do all the stages it will give me the exact amount of steel I need for Bourgogne by the time the next coupon drops in June, which is a ship I have wanted since she arrived in the armoury, and I want to make sure I get her before she goes the way of some others that were in there, as I fear her leaving before xmas which will probably be the next time I will get steel.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,197 battles
13 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have been playing just a match or two a day for a while. The tier 7 Italian BB just destroyed my joy in playing the game. Such a miserable ship (I call it the Cockroach) with the wonky dispersion. It is so bad that it can take me two games just get that first daily crate and that is using signals and good camo with premium time. It looks like WoWS is going the way of WoT for me. My strategy is "One and Done" in Tanks because I get some freebies just by playing one match a day. I do that hoping that something happens with the game to rekindle my interest and I will have stockpiles of consumables to use or sell. Not sure what I will do going forward with Ships since I am playing other games now and having fun. Playing a match or two a day only takes 10-15 minutes but it is just a miserable experience that I can not wait to get that crate and "CNTL+ALT+DEL" my way out of the program and get to playing something I enjoy. 

With the COOP population this past week creating COOP matches with one or two humans, I finished the first phase yesterday.  I bought the Dockyard starters because I am burning my Dub's off and not replacing them.  Unlike AT, it took me a few more matches to finish it.

The real "problem" is player population:  for days now, a lot of one or two human games.  Every once and a while, a full match with humans.  This past week, six losses/draws........that's a record.  Most in one or two player games.  One loss was during the Yamy combat mission with a full up human team and I ended up as the only human against four, bot Yammy's.........   Another issues came up last night, intentional attempts to team kill others in a match.....  In a two human match where the other human took the entire match trying to kill my ship........tried.  Reported, black listed and Ive had enough for a couple of days.

Taylor3006.  All of us left WoTs years ago.  My entire regimental affiliation.  They were in this game until Update 8.0 and they left.  They won't put up with poor quality: I changed clans and that new clan left the game as well.....  Now, PVE and to be honest, if we don't have player population to support COOP, this will be yet another "retired account....."  I'm giving the game till my PT runs out in 174 days......

Something else is calling me too......

• Cool 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,811 posts

I get the feeling the two person games are a bug with the MM, went for a couple of hours today with nothing but two person games even though the MM page was suggestive that the population was there to have more than two people, s I quit the game and restarted it immediately and now have full games. 

[WOLFG]
Members
13,269 posts
12,524 battles
13 minutes ago, b101uk said:

I get the feeling the two person games are a bug with the MM, went for a couple of hours today with nothing but two person games even though the MM page was suggestive that the population was there to have more than two people, s I quit the game and restarted it immediately and now have full games. 

I had a span of that too.  My first three yesterday were two person games, then the rest with maybe one bot.  No restart, one after the other.  

I've had streaks like that recently, even on the weekend with high numbers of players on line and queue numbers (which I doubt is accurate).

Maybe WG is tinkering with the MM a little more.  Edit:  Now that I think about it, I've seen longer wait timers even with big queue numbers and getting full teams.

Three of six done overall (damage, fires, and ribbons).  I've got the credits moving.  DD hits will finish.  I only played one cruiser game, but I will finish that before BB PD.  Getting potential damage requires either playing a lot of games, or playing stupid in coop.  At least it is in BBs and not cruisers.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[WOLFG]
Members
13,269 posts
12,524 battles

One Omaha, one Budy game and cap defends are done.  Rest should finish up by Saturday (credits).

Don't want the DD, so I can slow play this and finish up all the free rewards.

[PHD]
Members
270 posts
16,057 battles
5 hours ago, b101uk said:

This morning I was alternating between all humans and just 2 humans.

I finished off week 1 with this battle. Not sure if I've ever had 19 defended ribbons in a single battle before.

1.jpg

[PVE]
Members
14,456 posts
30,525 battles

Week 2 in the books. :cap_horn:

• 5 Caps/Asst Caps
  • 10 Kills
  • 15K FXP
  • 1.25 Million Damage
  • 1350 Main Battery Hits w/ Cruiser
  • 900 Main Battery or Secondary Hits w/ BB
  • 11 Games (3 Ohio/2 Smolensk/1 each in Bayard, München, Mainz, Minotaur, Worcester, and Puerto Rico)

[WOLF6]
Members
2,449 posts
6,828 battles

So to those that already have the ship...is it worth the effort? There is nothing in the Wiki about it. Don't think LWM has done a review for it. I like my German DDs a lot. Just got the Maas and have a bunch of Premium German DDs. But I have stayed away from the tier 9 Z-44 because of the negative feedback it got. I was planning on just getting the tech tree DDs and that's it. Even then the first DD on the new branch kinda sucks from what I can see. Weak torps.