Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,307
[HEROS]
Members
2,089 posts
18,868 battles

very simple..

No Paper ships.  If the hull never hit the water, it's not in the game.

No Carriers.

No Submarines.

No anime ships.

No Commanders or Commander skills.

No "adjustments" to make it "fair"  Use real world numbers on shell performance, Armor and protection scheme's and historically limited ammo.

No Combat vs AI.  Either random play or player apposed scenario's.   Player play on Axis or Allied teams.

Just surface ship play and nothing else.   

It's just what I want.    

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,077
Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

If you want that, then play Navyfield. This has been an arcade game ever since the idea first popped into WG's head and that's not going to change any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,178
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles

It would have to go even deeper than that. The whole HP point system and shell/armor interactions are ridiculously simplified and arcade like. WOWS is an arcade game to the core. That was a decision made in the very early stages of development to make the gameplay viable. If you want realism you need a different game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,919
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,455 posts
1,963 battles

Not sure that counts as 'classic' when Paper Ships & Carriers have been a thing since the beginning. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,349
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

yup... carriers and paper ships were there in "classic"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,475
[SPTR]
Members
27,686 posts
18,264 battles

Fine but you must sail around in a mogador with its historical rudder shift time, turning circle  and main gun reload time and you must 1v1 a historical accurate Iowa with is historical mobility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,347 posts
13,082 battles
On 4/14/2021 at 11:59 AM, 1Sherman said:

If you want that, then play Navyfield. This has been an arcade game ever since the idea first popped into WG's head and that's not going to change any time soon.

Navyfield has subs and CVs. Or did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,581 posts
2,011 battles

Why is this in "gameplay suggestions?" Go make your own game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,077
Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles
9 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Navyfield has subs and CVs. Or did.

Then play Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts. The point is that if you want pure, historically accurate surface combat, there are other places to look than here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,347 posts
13,082 battles
20 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Then play Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts. The point is that if you want pure, historically accurate surface combat, there are other places to look than here.

Your responding to the wrong dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[MUG-T]
Members
782 posts
4,262 battles
On 4/15/2021 at 8:16 AM, Rolkatsuki said:

Fine but you must sail around in a mogador with its historical rudder shift time, turning circle  and main gun reload time and you must 1v1 a historical accurate Iowa with is historical mobility.

It would be fun to be in an Iowa slaughtering hordes of Aobas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,077
Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles
On 4/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, Crokodone said:

Your responding to the wrong dude.

He didn't correct me. You did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,524
[CVA16]
Members
6,722 posts
20,715 battles
On 4/14/2021 at 8:27 AM, Warlord_Deadeye_Pete said:

No Paper ships.  If the hull never hit the water, it's not in the game.

Under this restriction, there would be no complete lines from T1 to T10

What should be the most complete line-The US has numerous "holes" filled with paper ships

US BB line-No Montana, no BB split ships

US CA line-No Buffalo

US CL line-No Phoenix, Dallas, Seattle (and others)

US DD line-several of the line are fill-in, never actually existed ships,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,347 posts
13,082 battles
On 4/21/2021 at 2:41 AM, 1Sherman said:

He didn't correct me. You did.

Then I didn't correct you, commented on your comment. Meanwhile, a game that revolves around fantasy custom ships is just behind WoWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,634
[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,698 posts
6,719 battles
On 4/21/2021 at 12:54 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Under this restriction, there would be no complete lines from T1 to T10

What should be the most complete line-The US has numerous "holes" filled with paper ships

US BB line-No Montana, no BB split ships

US CA line-No Buffalo

US CL line-No Phoenix, Dallas, Seattle (and others)

US DD line-several of the line are fill-in, never actually existed ships,

 

The US CV line is 100% built in steel, commissioned and served ships.  So is the IJN torpedo DD line.  As is the British DD line.  Arguably the British CV line is as well, though Audacious was completed in a different configuration than her "as designed" state in WoWS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,344
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,066 posts
22,298 battles
On 4/19/2021 at 9:10 AM, frankfletcher_1 said:

It would be fun to be in an Iowa slaughtering hordes of Aobas

Less fun for the guys in the Aobas. OP doesn't want a 'fair' game. He just wants to drive the biggest, baddest ships that existed and beat up on hapless other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,083
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,680 posts
13,339 battles
On 4/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Under this restriction, there would be no complete lines from T1 to T10

What should be the most complete line-The US has numerous "holes" filled with paper ships

US BB line-No Montana, no BB split ships

US CA line-No Buffalo

US CL line-No Phoenix, Dallas, Seattle (and others)

US DD line-several of the line are fill-in, never actually existed ships,

 

There's be only two full lines up to tier 10, the IJN DD main line, and the USN CV line.

The RN CV line would be arguable, Audacious was built, she just wasn't completed as she appears in game, and wasn't named Audacious.

Every other line has at least one paper or napkin design in them somewhere.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,634
[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,698 posts
6,719 battles
22 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

There's be only two full lines up to tier 10, the IJN DD main line, and the USN CV line.

The RN CV line would be arguable, Audacious was built, she just wasn't completed as she appears in game, and wasn't named Audacious.

Every other line has at least one paper or napkin design in them somewhere.

The RN DD line is 100% built in steel too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,634
[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,698 posts
6,719 battles
41 minutes ago, Lert said:

Less fun for the guys in the Aobas. OP doesn't want a 'fair' game. He just wants to drive the biggest, baddest ships that existed and beat up on hapless other players.

In my experience players who request things usually spend a lot more time imagining using the thing against others than they do imagining the thing being used against them, hence thoughts of balance are rarely considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,344
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,066 posts
22,298 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

In my experience players who request things usually spend a lot more time imagining using the thing against others than they do imagining the thing being used against them, hence thoughts of balance are rarely considered.

This is why Historical battles failed in World of Tanks. Everyone lined up to drive the Tiger beating up on Shermans. Nobody wanted to play the Shermans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,083
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,680 posts
13,339 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

The RN DD line is 100% built in steel too.

Missed that one, gave up on all steel lines with the Russian cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[MUG-T]
Members
782 posts
4,262 battles
8 hours ago, Lert said:

Less fun for the guys in the Aobas. OP doesn't want a 'fair' game. He just wants to drive the biggest, baddest ships that existed and beat up on hapless other players.

They can just dodge:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×