Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Cristoforo Colombo

13 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

So I got my hands on this guy this morning...

The SAP slaps people hard. I think it's because of the number of barrels...but taking 10 to 12k off someone is pretty normal. I find myself using SAP more than AP.

The AA swats planes.

The smoke "get outta jail free card" is nice.

The secondaries are shockingly decent without upgrades.

The armor is so so, but the heal/tank build covers that. 

The range...is...ugh...it's like playing Venezia. However the spotter plane is a helpful upgrade. With the current meta I find myself getting into the fight long after its past due to deadeye.

Overall I think this is a solid tier X and it's been a positive grind (because I ground out the Veneto and had a bunch of free xp to skip the nine.) 

You have to run reload mod to get the most outta the guns, or else you're stuck waiting to get slapped. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles

Before I ask about consistency of the gunnery with 16 barrels, I'm going to ask you to declare your build. Do you yourself have Deadeye on the captain at this moment? Not that I care, but given that it's being pulled a patch from now, I think it's important to know.

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Before I ask about consistency of the gunnery with 16 barrels, I'm going to ask you to declare your build. Do you yourself have Deadeye on the captain at this moment? Not that I care, but given that it's being pulled a patch from now, I think it's important to know.

Deadeye comes standard on this build. However, I spent ALOT of time in close range while spotted. I don't think deadeye really mattered. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Venture said:

Deadeye comes standard on this build. However, I spent ALOT of time in close range while spotted. I don't think deadeye really mattered. 

It's not whether YOU are spotted, it's whether THEY are spotted inside YOUR detection. But duly noted.

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not whether YOU are spotted, it's whether THEY are spotted inside YOUR detection. But duly noted.

Oh without a doubt they were. 

[KWF]
Members
6,560 posts
7,170 battles

I just hope gimping the rest of the line SAP damage wise on DDs was worth it for Colombo....

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles

If CC is actually good while the rest of the line suffers, that follows WG's pattern with new lines and line splits.  They've done this since completing the RU BB Line.  Maybe the IX is okay, but these lines now only shine at the end. 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles
16 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I just hope gimping the rest of the line SAP damage wise on DDs was worth it for Colombo....

If SAP wasn't DD damage capped, a lucky CC salvo would be deleting Destroyers.

Think of Lyon when she gets lucky on her dispersion.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[FSHFD]
Members
7 posts
2,251 battles

I'm finding it OK, but inconsistent. The number of barrels definitely helps.

Unicums will probably hate it bc it doesn't have the accuracy to make plays when you need it to. I had a few full broadside cruisers that due to dispersion ended up taking 1 or 2 hits in spite of aiming well.

I was also able to land 12 SAP shots on an angled petro however at close range and take him from 60%+ to zero in one volley.

Like some of the other Italian ships it can do some super awesome things with SAP, but it's like rolling the dice everytime you shoot.

Armor is good.

Edited by Valentine009

[SALVO]
Members
8,963 posts
6,663 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If CC is actually good while the rest of the line suffers, that follows WG's pattern with new lines and line splits.  They've done this since completing the RU BB Line.  Maybe the IX is okay, but these lines now only shine at the end. 

inb4 bots at mid tiers before year's end

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles
18 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If SAP wasn't DD damage capped, a lucky CC salvo would be deleting Destroyers.

Think of Lyon when she gets lucky on her dispersion.

As it should. I'm in games now with 8 to 10 DDs a match. If they catch a CC volley they deserve to die.

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

Yup - my new favorite tier X
unknown.png

Sign in to follow this