Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
brewakeg

Z-23 buff with 0.10.3

7 comments in this topic

Members
366 posts
11,611 battles

I don't know if it was noticed much, but the 128mm armed German Destroyer Z-23 GAINED a 128mm gun with this release.

To compensate for the 150mm gun option being removed, they buffed the DD by making the "A" turret a Twin mount, where before it was a single.   

This gives the Z23 FIVE 128mm guns with the same reload time as previous, 4.0sec.    A much needed buff on a good DD....this will help it a lot in knife fighting other DDs, and in overall DPM.

Prior to this release, the Maass had 5 guns, then the Z23 at the next higher Tier went to 4 guns... a major loss.....then the next tier up from the Z23, the Z46 got 6 guns.    So now you are not 'penalized' in gun DPM at this Tier.

Well done, WOW.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles

When I first realized I was unable to get five 128's previously, I said ":etc_swear: this :etc_swear:"

When I read that they were taking away the 150's I said ":etc_swear: this :etc_swear:"

Then when I realized we were getting a 5 x 128mm alternative, I said ":etc_swear: yeah." And I mean... I had no choice. They did nothing more or less than give me what I originally wanted! 

So... Z-39 is basically Z-23 downtiered, with the 150's only, and will be the last remnant of what Z-23 once was. On that score, maybe a purchase is indicated...

• Cool 1

[BOMBL]
Members
1,239 posts
16,944 battles

Where was this discussed about the z23 losing the 150s? F I had a dedicated 19 pt capt on her. If I would have known they were going to dump the 150s I would have moved the capt to the 46 when it was cheap in 10.0. This is wrong

Members
366 posts
11,611 battles
1 minute ago, wstugamd said:

Where was this discussed about the z23 losing the 150s? F I had a dedicated 19 pt capt on her. If I would have known they were going to dump the 150s I would have moved the capt to the 46 when it was cheap in 10.0. This is wrong

It was in the pre-release notes a few months ago.....

[BOMBL]
Members
1,239 posts
16,944 battles
1 minute ago, brewakeg said:

It was in the pre-release notes a few months ago.....

I missed that. I loved the z23 with the 150s. They take all the fun ships away. T7 Pepsi gone. Smoli nerfed. Secondary bbs terrible.

Members
366 posts
11,611 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

When I first realized I was unable to get five 128's previously, I said ":etc_swear: this :etc_swear:"

When I read that they were taking away the 150's I said ":etc_swear: this :etc_swear:"

Then when I realized we were getting a 5 x 128mm alternative, I said ":etc_swear: yeah." And I mean... I had no choice. They did nothing more or less than give me what I originally wanted! 

So... Z-39 is basically Z-23 downtiered, with the 150's only, and will be the last remnant of what Z-23 once was. On that score, maybe a purchase is indicated...

I tried the Z23 with the 150s for awhile...  could not knifefight ANY DDs due to the slow reload.   And using the 150s to citadel a cruiser....found that to be a pretty rare situation.   So I've been back on the 128s for 95% of the time I've had this ship, and suffered with the lower ability to fight other DDs.    So this change is a very good thing.

Sign in to follow this