You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Apollo

Why I haven't seen but 2 Flandre's in game since it went out for sale?

21 comments in this topic

[BTLST]
Members
196 posts
16,105 battles

I usually see a bunch of the new ships when they come out during the weekend but this past weekend I only saw 2?

Opinions?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

i've seen a bunch in coop, and i haven't been playing much

but it is also broken...  

[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles

I have seen a couple  but haven't really been playing much.  I don't think I ever get the newest and hottest ships right on release so I wouldn't be able to tell you what drives other players to get the newest ships.   But if you want my guess its because the Flandre is just a copy of another ship. A basic BB with nothing exciting about it. 

[KAPPA]
Members
1,549 posts
8,741 battles

The camera bug was a major issue, one which I can happily report is now fixed. Also, the ship is lacking in gimmicks and history, so it does not have the draw that other ships might have. Me, I love Alsace and Flandre is an interesting variant for me, plus it's not a bad co-op brawler. The 25% credit earning bonus for having bought it before the camera fix is working out nicely as well, given how comparatively credit poor my USN/Allies account is verses my IJN/Axis account.

Members
1 post
564 battles

hey PEOPLE, I BEEN PLAYING ABOUT A MONTH, I AM PRETTY GOOD BUT I HAVE NO DOUBLOONS, SO I TRIED BUYING SOME. I BOUGHT 1200 FOR $5.......LONG STORY SHORT I NEVER GOT THEM AFTER BACK AND FORTH WITH SUPPORT....THE MONEY WAS TAKEN OUT OF MY BANK, SO YES VTHEY WERE PAID....THEY WANTED ME TO CLEAR MY COOKIES, MY BROWSER.....ETC  ALL THIS OTHER [edited].....SO NOW I PUT IN FOR A REFUND......now here is the best part once i told them this I IMMEDIADITELY HAD LOG-IN PROBLEMS......WHICH I NEVER HAVE......NEVER. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM, BOTTOM LINE.....JUST KNOW THAT GOING FORWARD...HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD TO GET A REFUND CUZ OF SUMTHIN U PAID 4 & U NEVER GOT IT?

• Boring 1

Members
699 posts

There's also this:

20210406_153641.thumb.jpg.9c61322077720028fd316c8043d95c9a.jpg

That's why I'm not buying it. Do YOU trust WG with a blank check so to speak when it comes to balancing a ship that's not a CV AFTER you buy it?

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles
51 minutes ago, rantingrubin said:

hey PEOPLE, I BEEN PLAYING ABOUT A MONTH, I AM PRETTY GOOD BUT I HAVE NO DOUBLOONS, SO I TRIED BUYING SOME. I BOUGHT 1200 FOR $5.......LONG STORY SHORT I NEVER GOT THEM AFTER BACK AND FORTH WITH SUPPORT....THE MONEY WAS TAKEN OUT OF MY BANK, SO YES VTHEY WERE PAID....THEY WANTED ME TO CLEAR MY COOKIES, MY BROWSER.....ETC  ALL THIS OTHER [edited].....SO NOW I PUT IN FOR A REFUND......now here is the best part once i told them this I IMMEDIADITELY HAD LOG-IN PROBLEMS......WHICH I NEVER HAVE......NEVER. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM, BOTTOM LINE.....JUST KNOW THAT GOING FORWARD...HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD TO GET A REFUND CUZ OF SUMTHIN U PAID 4 & U NEVER GOT IT?

I mean yeah things are way overpriced in that way everything is a scam.  But in general they are not scammers. I haven not had complaints from anyone else I know, that they bought something on an account and did not receive it.  I know people who have spent anywhere from hundreds to thousands on this game. 

My advice be patient with support  and they will always sort you out. 

Edited by eviltane

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles

For what I'm about to say to make sense would require the Flandre's release to have been timetabled some months ago.

With that out of the way, you have to wonder whether a fair slice of the market looking for a premium French BB to buy (especially after Jean Bart was pulled) got gobbled up by Strasbourg. Sure, the Stras isn't the greatest French BB ever to enter the game - but for those few weeks, she could be had for free. "I have a premium French battleship I find quite adequate," many people probably said, "so why should I buy another?" 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For what I'm about to say to make sense would require the Flandre's release to have been timetabled some months ago.

With that out of the way, you have to wonder whether a fair slice of the market looking for a premium French BB to buy (especially after Jean Bart was pulled) got gobbled up by Strasbourg. Sure, the Stras isn't the greatest French BB ever to enter the game - but for those few weeks, she could be had for free. "I have a premium French battleship I find quite adequate," many people probably said, "so why should I buy another?" 

The kicker for me is when people said she's a Tier VIII Alsace.  She's not, Alsace's defining feature is 12 guns, Flandre doesn't have that.

Alsace was the first 12 gun BB in her tier.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I've seen a bunch of this ship scattered at times in Co-OP.  Randoms?  I dunno.

I've seen a few.

I want to say the main reason people aren't buying is because it hasn't been hyped as being anything special. I believe LEM calls it a "mehbote".

[USN]
Members
1,704 posts
21,672 battles

1: she’s another T8 FR BB and offers nothing new or interesting over Gascogne or Champagne

2: she’s Deadeye reliant for consistent gunnery, so RIP her gunnery next patch

3: her free camera was borked when she was released (should be fixed now)

4: she is the first non-clone/weeb ship to come with a disclaimer that she could be changed after release. Although I can’t see her getting nerfed, that disclaimer probably threw people off and we’ll wait to see if that is a one off disclaimer or if it becomes commonplace 

7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The kicker for me is when people said she's a Tier VIII Alsace.  She's not, Alsace's defining feature is 12 guns, Flandre doesn't have that.

Technically, she is Alsace design no.1, carrying 3x3 15in guns

The Alsace in the tech tree is design no.3, with the 3x4 15in layout

[WOLF7]
Members
995 posts
10 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I've seen a few.

I want to say the main reason people aren't buying is because it hasn't been hyped as being anything special. I believe LEM calls it a "mehbote".

LEM = Lunar Excursion Module?  :Smile_trollface:

[GLF]
Members
1,185 posts
18,946 battles

I don't mind playing my Flandre.  It's raking in CXP for me with the bonus mission (for the matches i don't give up early on anyway)

The camera bug was mildly annoying but i found a workaround so it wasn't that bad.  I haven't found that it requires deadeye though....  it doesn't hurt obviously but most of my big devstrikes have come when it wasn't active anyways.  

IMO, its OP in a t6-8 match...  and drastically U.P. in a t8-10.   Perhaps thats how they balance this game now.   If only you'd get 50/50 distribution of t6-8 and t-8-10 games but its really like 20% of them that are 6-8.  

Alot of people either don't know what it is, or think it sucks, so i feel like i get in alot of good moves/volleys because they tend to disregard it as a threat.   It has a strange AA setup where long range does most of the damage, so sometimes you can really ruin the day for planes if they're targeting those near your max range at the time.  

I don't regret the buy so far, except in one of those bee ess MM matches though, where theres three t8's and nine t10s....  at that point ya might as well just start thinking about what you want to play next and go through the motions.  

Edited by AnimaL21

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
4 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

LEM = Lunar Excursion Module?  :Smile_trollface:

Lol darn autocorrect.

Then again, with the proximity of the letters on the keyboard, probably just a fat finger.:Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles
4 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I've seen a few.

It's not a bad ship.  It's just for me:

I have all French Battleships except Flandre and Bourgogne.  I even got Gas Can and Slava v0.8 (Champagne), both in the same tier as Flandre.  I even got Jean Bart in Tier IX.  Hell, I got the real Alsace in Tier IX also.

Within the field of Tier VIII French Battleships alone, Flandre has some very stiff competition.  Very crowded tier for FR BBs, just like how Tier VII is crowded with RN BB competition.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[--K--]
Members
251 posts
9,886 battles

I just went over 40 games in mine and will be playing it a lot the next three weeks to benefit from the 200% xp and 25% credit bonuses.

I enjoy the ship and statistically it’s my best performing tier 8.  The better survivability of the hull while not flashy has kept me in the battles longer.  Plus the speed gives more options than other BBs.

The guns can have some bad dispersion occasionally but on average they are better than I expected.  

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
392 posts
9,490 battles
7 hours ago, paddleboat said:

I would only buy it if it came with a flag of Flanders from the Simpsons. 

naw a flanders themed skin lol and the flag otherwise it's a pretty meh bote and nothing special at all not worth the money unless you collect