You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Hamburg Dockyard: Construction of ZF-6

31 comments in this topic

[D-DAY]
Members
7,133 posts

Was a DD main (now play all equally) and I just can't get interested in this event/DD. :Smile_sad:

The description says 'decent' twice, which for me means 'meh' in WG language, and the fact it has AP shells that can inflict significant damage and have enhanced ricochet angles, just makes me think 'can't any ship inflict significant damage in the right circumstances?' Exactly what circumstances are needed for this ship WG?

I have done the other Dockyards following the PR one, and really enjoyed my Odin before the secondary nerf - but this one is a miss for me.

I genuinely hope it turns out to be a good ship that isn't nerfed in the future for those that take part! :Smile_honoring:

[-GDP-]
Members
21 posts
21,496 battles

great a destroyer event that means anyone not playing a DD might just as well stay in port thanks

[D-DAY]
Members
7,133 posts
1 hour ago, heilmut2 said:

great a destroyer event that means anyone not playing a DD might just as well stay in port thanks

An event to build a destroyer in the dockyard - this does not mean the objectives to build it will revolve around DD only missions. :Smile_honoring:

• Thanks 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,461 posts
1 hour ago, heilmut2 said:

The requirements to do the event, don't really have much to do with actually playing a DD.  You can run through the missions for the event in just about any type of ship.

A DD, is just the final reward.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

The requirements to do the event, don't really have much to do with actually playing a DD.  You can run through the missions for the event in just about any type of ship.

A DD, is just the final reward.

Early release of the split should pick up DD participation though.

[X-PN]
Members
2,013 posts
13,308 battles

The steel missing at the end stages is quite noticeable.... If it's there done deal.... missing.... I dunno... might have to skip this 'yard.

BTW - where's the specs on the ship? 

• Cool 1

[WAKE]
Members
50 posts
20,871 battles

THIS DOCKYARD IS A JOKE!!!! Try adding a new MAP like most the player population has been asking for!!! Fix SECONDARIES!!! Fix CVs!!! TEST ships properly!!!  So many things WG could do to make the playing experience far better but they decide to add another ship(s) no one was asking for.  In the past year WG has done almost everything they could to piss off their player base and it shows.  NA numbers are down 50% from last year.  Less players online (even tho, we had clan battles, ranked, and big hunt at same time) means less balance in Matchmaking and thus we have more blowouts.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WG!!!! 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 3

[PUMA]
Members
188 posts
11,488 battles

It is a German ship, WG never love German ships, pass.

Anyhow my Big hunt points converted to Shipbuilding phase points, that happened to those?

Edited by TYPHOON0216

[RLGN]
Members
16,603 posts
29,022 battles
4 hours ago, SFR_Hurricane said:

Can you start playing the event without buying starter packs?  

Yes. Though once you reach a certain point you will be locked out of getting them.

Than means grind the DY out the hard way, and/or pay with doubloons to complete it.

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,915 battles

really  the first and 2nd directive have a mission each that can be done in clan battles ....................have they no brains clan battles finnished on sunday 

shot-21.04.14_19.00.15-0088.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Haha 2

[MCWF]
Members
47 posts
14,413 battles

the downward spiral of rewards continues. their is no steel in the dockyard this time. the weekly missions once again only reward you with a pathetic 10k of credits for each one. you never have any variety in the rewards any more, no coal, no FXP, no steel. I don't know about everyone else, but to me a 10k credit for a reward is like leaving a penny for a tip at a restaurant.

I don't know why but every new set of missions the "potential damage" missions just go up from where the last missions left off. this will cause players to drive into the open to get shot at by as many ships as possible while the dodge around till they die and move on to the next ship leaving their teams short handed so they can do their missions and get a token. this only kills off what little team play still exist in randoms.

and why would anyone ever pay money into this game for premium ships again is beyond me. you will just find a way to nerf them like you did with the Cmdr. skills rework. If I pay for a ship that performs at "X" level that's what I expect it to be like forever. but no, you go and nerf them making them not so fun any more. how many players spent money to buy Tirpitz, Pommern, or Massachusetts for their secondary guns that have now been crippled. it seams like several of the premium ships that have been released lately even come with a warning they may be nerfed at some point if they are found to be to good. maybe you need to stop releasing them so fast and spend more time testing them.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,915 battles

looking at the list of Phase's for the dockyard . hmmm its only a destroyer so why same amount  for a DD as it is for a BB  , should be less and they could of done without the first 4 of them . and if a DD is getting build then you would think it would be quicker ,but oh no WOW has got to drag out this for as long as they can . 

also noted the second part of the german destroyer missions  

1st mission you need either the ship being build in the dockyard or  the T9  that is in one of the bundles  which means  the only way you can finnish them is by either  spending doubloons for the complete dockyard or spending doubloons on random bundles for the T9 

so its all a MONEY MONEY MONEY GRAB WOW

you should be ashamed of yourselves concidering theres a lot of countries on lockdown and a lot of your players have lost there jobs because of this . 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 2

[NSS]
[NSS]
Members
90 posts
6,382 battles

So your making me get a CV just to get to the 2nd bit. I have no idea how they work nor do I want to know. Keep your DD WG.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
6 hours ago, Clickenhof said:

So your making me get a CV just to get to the 2nd bit. I have no idea how they work nor do I want to know. Keep your DD WG.

You have to finish 6 missions to get to the 2nd bit.  There are plenty of mission to complete the 6 missions without the CVs.  I am on to the second directive (tomorrow) without doing the CV mission

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
128 posts
10,602 battles

The thing about dockyards is I don’t like waiting until the next week to start the next missions. If I finish I want to start on the next set. If I can finish the event in half the time then let me. 

• Cool 2

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,915 battles

the amount of grinding needing done   10,000 credit dont cut it 

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,915 battles

just realised  this dockyard event is a joke  . first of all 22 stages for a DD when the first 4 stages didnt need to be there  its only a DD being built  so should be less than a BB not the same 

second  8 directives for a DD when theres used to be  only 6 directives for a BB build (didnt you learn your lesson from all the complaints from the pay to rico  event )

your really stretching out a dockyard event thats really becoming not only a boring event but a long dragged out event .

give us the option  to opt-out  of events like this instead of making us drag along with everyone else . 

just like when a new techtree comes out , the last one (italians ) being 2 months long before the full techtree came out . not a fan of early access  so just bring the damn line out so we can work through it . 

no wonder players are leaving  quicker than you can recruit  . and on that note   ........................................................

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,915 battles

so apart from the pointless  first 4 stages and the dockyard build for the DD and being  just as many stages  as a BB build , i just realised instead for 2 dockyard tokens doing missions and 1 as a reward for completeing each directive . theres now only 1 token from the missions and 1 token for completeing the directive . so no wonder we have 8 directives instead of the usuall 6 and its going to DRAG OUT for so long . 

gimmie an opt-out button so i dont have to deal with this :etc_swear: there shouldnt need to be that many stages to build a smaller ship 

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,915 battles

DEAR WOW WHY IS THERE A SECOND SHIP BEING BUILT AT THE SAME TIME  IN THE DOCKYARD 

shot-21.05.10_14.39.05-0496.jpg

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,915 battles

update  why is there a second DD being built  in the other berth at the same time 

shot-21.05.15_21.49.19-0609.jpg