You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Are You Going To Buy The Max Immelmann?

67 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

Very tempting to blow some Coal as it is a Tier 10, and I have it to spare but I'm thinking of waiting a week to see how it handles once half the population get it. I'm assuming I'll see at least a couple dozen the first day it drops lol. If people start crying it's OP I'll grab one and if not, I'll just pass. I've only seen it in game twice for testing and I did watch several Youtube videos on it but until I see more normal Captains playing the ship and see some feedback, I'm personally going to hold off. One thing I did like about it was it's ability to start fires but seems none of the testers liked the torps. 

How about you? How many are going to grab it as soon as you log in?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,450 posts

I don't usually buy ships just because they are OP.  Especially now that WG has broken the ice a bit more with the "we might change this" disclaimer on the Flandre. If it is OP, there is now a higher chance that they are going to nerf it anyway, no matter what type of ship it is.

That said, I plan on snagging the new CV asap, no matter what.  I am probably a bad example to follow though, because I bought a Sanzang, even though it's just a copy of the Siapan, and I have had Siapan already for years.  I just collect all the CVs.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,476 posts
10,941 battles
15 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

Screenshot_2021-04-12_13.43.35.png

RVad23W.gif

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
9,450 posts
Just now, Vader_Sama said:

RVad23W.gif

Does A-D-F sleep? :Smile_teethhappy:

[A-D-F]
9,450 posts
Just now, Vader_Sama said:

RVad23W.gif

How did I not see that coming.

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles

It's a pass, but curious on how good or bad the ship will be outside of the hands of CCs. I expect it to be held back in that regard by the difficulty of using the skip bombers.

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,047 posts
12,377 battles

I'll be picking it up. I really didn't expect it to be coal and just spent it all on Marco Polo... So it'll be a while!

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

RVad23W.gif

Yes but with Auctions coming in the future and more ships slated for testing even after this update, I'm leary of blowing chunks of resources on subpar ships. I think it will do ok but I'm a wait and seer, even in real life. I mean I'm waiting to see who turns into a Government robot from the vaccine before I run down and get one lol....yeah I'm one of those but I'll probably get it soon, just not the Johnson and Johnson one :P

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,049 posts
27,727 battles
3 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

RVad23W.gif

Have you not ever spent any coal at all?

I feel you might be the singular reason for the new auction system.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,276 posts
13,651 battles

What is this auction system you speak of and where can I read about it?

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles

I'm probably going to go umm and arrr for a few days because it's a lot of coal to spend, but doubtless I'm going to get it in the end. It's a new way of playing CV, at least with respect to the bombs; and T10 specials are known to have stupid-low service costs, which isn't something I can say about my Audacious and is the main reason I'm not particularly motivated to grind to Hak, Midway or MVR. :Smile_coin:

(The only reason I ground out/FXP'd the Audacious is because it was a fast track through one of the Jerzy Swirski campaign mission stages, because I anticipated facing similar things in future, and because FDR took too long to appear for a currency I wouldn't have had enough of at the time. With the exception of missions that need a Tier 10 CV with rockets, Max could be my go-to for a lot of things.) 

[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles

No.

But I don't play carriers, so perhaps not the best judge.

[NUWES]
Members
3,481 posts
13,149 battles

I have 850k coal and I like CVs so I will absolutely be getting it to at least try out the skip bombing mechanic. 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,177 posts
8,095 battles

Yea...  too unique to not have it.     

Members
662 posts
17,964 battles

I think I’m short on coal, and I hate driving TX CVs, and the test Immelmanns I’ve faced have been unimpressive. But I’ll probably get it eventually, for the snowflake if nothing else.

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

I'm skipping it. I've seen them in play and it's just not really appealing to have a weaker Richtofen. 

It's all about the AP dive bombers baby.

Now gimme a carrier that ISNT a clone hull with a gimmick and we'll talk *Shinano* 

[NMKJT]
Members
3,324 posts
8,518 battles

If it can actually be used anti-CV, I'll most likely get it. Have a bunch of prem CVs I got cheap/free through lucky containers, this would fill their ranks nicely if it allowed me to kill off crappy T10 CV players.

[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
403 posts
3,176 battles

Probably not.  I'm just one player, but I'm not trying to reinforce WG's errors and make a broken class more broken; nor make the gameplay experience worse for other players just because WG dangled a broke [edited]ship in front of me.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
9 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Very tempting to blow some Coal as it is a Tier 10, and I have it to spare but I'm thinking of waiting a week to see how it handles once half the population get it. I'm assuming I'll see at least a couple dozen the first day it drops lol. If people start crying it's OP I'll grab one and if not, I'll just pass. I've only seen it in game twice for testing and I did watch several Youtube videos on it but until I see more normal Captains playing the ship and see some feedback, I'm personally going to hold off. One thing I did like about it was it's ability to start fires but seems none of the testers liked the torps. 

Yes yes I am.

Its certainly different

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
722 posts
8,203 battles

When you're worried about leprosy, you don't go into a leper colony to take a bath.