You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

WHOA! So The Bots In Co-Op Can Team Kill You?

27 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

WHAT??? LOL I just got TK'd by a bot on my team and I've never had it happen in Co-op before but then again I don't play it a whole lot. I was on a low level ship and matchmaker for randoms was taking forever so I decided to get some easy xp in coop until tomorrow when more people are on. I was in a cap and about 5 km ahead of my team mates. I put down smoke and sat in it firing at the enemy that was approaching my spot. My team mate a Montecuccoli(cruiser) approached directly from my rear. As the enemy ship in front of me got about 2km from me, I fired my torps at him and he died. Then I blew up and I'm like what? I then see the chat messages that my own team ship hit me with 3 torps and the game also blew him up for the penalty. I never moved from my spot so he fired those torps directly at the ship in front of me and ignored his team member sitting there broadside. 
I wasn't even mad, I just never had it happen before so I kind of laughed and shook it off. 

So you think he will be pink in his next Co-op game :P

• Haha 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts

Yes it can happen, you need to pay attention to the make up of your team and be wary of bots operating in the same vicinity as you, especially if they have torps.

Question: If you were after easy XP in Co-Op, why play low tiers? With 5 kills and 120-150k damage everytime you play in your Harugumo in Co-Op,  you'd have earned much more XP. :cap_hmm:

• Funny 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,470 posts
4,774 battles

You've never seen a bot racked for his transgression?  It's not a pretty thing, so WG doesn't publish it.

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts
37 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Yes it can happen, you need to pay attention to the make up of your team and be wary of bots operating in the same vicinity as you, especially if they have torps.

Question: If you were after easy XP in Co-Op, why play low tiers? With 5 kills and 120-150k damage everytime you play in your Harugumo in Co-Op,  you'd have earned much more XP. :cap_hmm:

I need another 27,000 Bureau points to get the vampire so I reset my Harugumo and Shimakaze lines to get it this week. I spent free xp up to tier 5 but I'm very stingy with my fxp so I'm gonna just use a lot of flags and camos to grind out the rest. Usually takes me around a week to grind a line and I like working on 2 at once so I can alternate. I prefer to play Randoms but tiers 5-6 seem to have a problem finding real players late at night when I get a chance to play. Even at this level, the Co-op is like shooting fish in a barrel. I mean getting 120-150k is very very easy. I mean look at this screenshot for a little bit ago: 20 torp hits LOL they don't even try to dodge, it's like taking candy from a baby

MinekazeCoop150k.jpg

Edited by Lord_Argus
  • Boring 3

[LIF2]
Members
23 posts
26,376 battles

Not only can they TK you they can even do it without an enemy in sight. I had a bot dd torp me well after the enemy ship had sunk, with no other reds on that side of the map!

• Cool 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,811 posts

I don't normally see it in high tier co-op, but I took out a tier V ship the other day to get RB points, and about 50% of the ships that had torps ended up firing torps 180deg from where you were expecting them to fire, in fact a friendly and an enemy CL's passed each other ~100m apart and both fired torps the wrong side, the enemy one hitting an island with them and the friendly one hitting me.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,497 posts

The way to play low-tier Co-op is to hang back and let all the bots and new players ram and torp each other and then come in and clean up the remainders.

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Be especially wary of bot trash that come up behind you and stop in your smoke when you’re a destroyer.

It seems deliberate, but surely WG would never program their green bots to do something that would draw fire or torps onto a player in smoke...

2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Because I hate high tiers?

[GWG]
Members
7,734 posts
14,754 battles

Wg should have special awards for being bot-teamkilled.

It's a badge of honor in Co-Op....   and now late night Random.

[PTRGT]
Members
474 posts
60,500 battles
5 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

WHAT??? LOL I just got TK'd by a bot on my team and I've never had it happen in Co-op before but then again I don't play it a whole lot. I was on a low level ship and matchmaker for randoms was taking forever so I decided to get some easy xp in coop until tomorrow when more people are on. I was in a cap and about 5 km ahead of my team mates. I put down smoke and sat in it firing at the enemy that was approaching my spot. My team mate a Montecuccoli(cruiser) approached directly from my rear. As the enemy ship in front of me got about 2km from me, I fired my torps at him and he died. Then I blew up and I'm like what? I then see the chat messages that my own team ship hit me with 3 torps and the game also blew him up for the penalty. I never moved from my spot so he fired those torps directly at the ship in front of me and ignored his team member sitting there broadside. 
I wasn't even mad, I just never had it happen before so I kind of laughed and shook it off. 

So you think he will be pink in his next Co-op game :P

lol You always need to keep the "Stinkeye" on any team bot that has torps they have no problem with killing you at all.

Their best trick is they have an enemy on the right of them, you are on the left side of them, so they fire their torps from the left side....  I like to call those team bots enemy "collaborators bots" :Smile_hiding:

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,944 posts
21,854 battles

This is why I attack :Apostolis every time I see him. What a griefer. :Smile-angry:

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,597 posts
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

The way to play low-tier Co-op is to hang back and let all the bots and new players ram and torp each other and then come in and clean up the remainders.

Not just low tier, unless you are in a DD.

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,986 battles
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

This is why I attack :Apostolis every time I see him. What a griefer. :Smile-angry:

And that hacking A-hole :Tirpitz: - I've even seen him in Tier V battles!

• Funny 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
6 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I need another 27,000 Bureau points to get the vampire so I reset my Harugumo and Shimakaze lines to get it this week. I spent free xp up to tier 5 but I'm very stingy with my fxp so I'm gonna just use a lot of flags and camos to grind out the rest. Usually takes me around a week to grind a line and I like working on 2 at once so I can alternate. I prefer to play Randoms but tiers 5-6 seem to have a problem finding real players late at night when I get a chance to play. Even at this level, the Co-op is like shooting fish in a barrel. I mean getting 120-150k is very very easy. I mean look at this screenshot for a little bit ago: 20 torp hits LOL they don't even try to dodge, it's like taking candy from a baby

MinekazeCoop150k.jpg

That's a good result, although it does look as though you get up close due to the fact you were killed by Kongo secondaries.

If you get close as the above indicates, you have more chance of getting lots of torp hits...or dying lol. In this case it seems you did both, but nice result nonetheless! :Smile_honoring:

[SALVO]
Members
3,661 posts
7,508 battles
7 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

WHAT??? LOL

Lol yes  bots do not  give a  ........  . Its actually quite dangerous when you get to T3 in protected MM.  When I made my run at the leaderboard for Clemson with my smurf you gotta grind your way up first.  And I encountered the most dangerous and torp filled waters in T2-T3 matches. Bots spamming torps CQC  everywhere lol .  

BTW pretty much all low tier 1-4 records for best player in ships are set in protected MM these days. 

Edited by eviltane

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Because I hate high tiers?

You might hate high tiers, but @Lord_Argus has already stated he does phenomenally well in his Harugumo and was after some easy xp in Co-Op.

As it is, he has stated 4 posts above yours that he reset his Harugumo. :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,944 posts
21,854 battles
1 hour ago, crazyeightyfive said:

And that hacking A-hole :Tirpitz: - I've even seen him in Tier V battles!

Don't you mean A-hull? :Smile_veryhappy: You know how it feels.

• Funny 1

[CUDA]
Members
565 posts
9,177 battles
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

That's half your experience. Go in close and shoot shoot shoot. Then joust with the battleships.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,497 posts
1 hour ago, Swervenkill said:

That's half your experience. Go in close and shoot shoot shoot. Then joust with the battleships.

Yesterday I played a Coop epicenter to see what would happen if I just ran my Kurfurst straight through the center of the map with secondaries only. I sank two ships and my team, which followed me, sank the rest. It was especially funny because at the end I literally had no secondaries left to fire. I'd never seen a message saying that all port and starboard secondary batteries had been destroyed before.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,878 posts

That is why when I enter a objective edge I usually put a rock between me and traffic to the rear. They will have to detour to past the rock. And do not get to run into me.

However humans will take the trouble to do so. I just stay in place until Human has racked up quite a bit of teamdamage or even taamkill.

Bots I quit worrying about a long time ago.

[PIXEL]
Members
85 posts
15,472 battles

In over 9k games I have seen a bot turn pink only once.     

discrimination against organic life forms?

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,624 posts
23,798 battles

Never seen a pink bot, may be they purge they sins in random tier 4.