You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
U505_Gunner

RIP Z-23 heavy guns

11 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Members
46 posts
30,929 battles

My favorite DD is being nerfed: stripped of its mighty 150s, to correspond with the new German heavy DD line.  I'm sad beyond belief, as I think the four 150mm really suited one of the best balanced ships in the game.  Not sure the four remaining 128s will measure up.

From 10.3 update:

Changes to guns:

• flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_357acc9fc0e2f7d98f047c99edffad3VIII Z-23: the 150 mm/55 Tbts KC/36T guns on an LDrh LC/38 mount have been removed from the game. The main battery models have been updated.
  • When Hull B is mounted, the artillery configuration will change: the fore turret will become twin-gun.

Removing the 150 mm guns will further emphasize the differences between the old and new branches of German destroyers. The ships of the old branch will have only 128 mm guns; the ships of the new branch will have 150 mm guns.

Edited by U505_Gunner
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[O7]
Supertester
442 posts
13,713 battles

Z23 had 5x 150mm guns, which is being changed to 5x 128mm with the update. 

Most players consider the change a buff as the 128s offer more DPM than the 150s. 

• Cool 4

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,278 posts
13,686 battles

Hmm, I’ll have to check but pretty sure I never researched or mounted the 150’s

Members
2,070 posts
12,822 battles

Hopefully the new DD can take its place for 150mm memes.

[KMS]
Members
46 posts
30,929 battles

The Z-23 came with two sets of guns, the 128s and the 150s, so we had a choice.  I always ran with the larger guns; while not the best for knife fights, they could wreak havoc on CAs and BBs. 

Before the nerf, I checked on the 128s, and it read four.  Perhaps I was mistaken.  Post nerf, the Z now carries five 128s.  Though I miss the larger guns, I have to say they perform quite well, giving me top player in my first game. 

That said, I wish WG still gave us the choice between guns.  The Z-39 still carries the heavies, while Gaede can still run them as well.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,634 posts
14,737 battles

Hey

And who at Wargaming had the bright idea of making German DD torps 50kts, not like they hit hard in the first place?  Removing hydro?  Sounds like typical WOWS these days in their questionable decision making process, do you people even play this game anymore, do you even test this garbage before pumping it out, or does it go much deeper than that with clear anti German bias?   Shame the art/model department does such a great job but the rest of you I question your logic.

Pete

[WAMMY]
Members
2,634 posts
14,737 battles
23 hours ago, AllardLiao117 said:

Making this worse is that Z-23 never mounted 128mm guns. Only ever 150s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_destroyer_Z23

I would have preferred 23 being moved to the new branch and one that did carry 128s taking her place.

Hey

Never confuse them with facts; its a game.  With all of the balancing going on, facts only compound the problem.  Now if it's Russian, we can make up anything we want.

Pete

[TNAO]
Members
1 post
1,827 battles

they should atleast renamed the current z-23 ingame with something else and bring the back the old z-23 with 150s to replace the  z-31 in the new german line or make her premium in the armory for coal or free xp with buffs since they removed the z-39 as a replacement:etc_swear:

Edited by skipper_20s

[WOLFH]
Members
1,290 posts

Quit trying to confuse and scare me!

I rarely use the 150s on my Gaede and I don't think I ever used them on my Z-23.  And the Gaede and Z-23 both still have hydro and 68-69-knot torps.