You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Litigo_1970

Game Quality way down

29 comments in this topic

[TSF]
Members
558 posts
15,270 battles

So I'm regrinding the US Battleship lines to earn Research Bureau points. I'm playing New Mexico, but I'm a pretty good shot, so I decide to load up on type 50 camo, all dragon flags, max economic flags, and max utility flags. I figure I can hard carry if necessary, and even with a loss, I can put up ~1200-1400 exp, so I can get good utility from the flags/camo. With a win, I expect 1900-2700 base, which will give me 25-20k exp for the grind.

The game starts, I'm playing well, but the other team is far far in the back, trying to snipe from the rear. Nobody, and I mean nobody, moves forward. My team is the same, nobody but me moves forward. 

The quality of play was abysmal. Before I can generate any significant base experience, WGs mercy rule kicks in and the game end. Through absolutely no fault of my own, I end up with 698!!!!! base experience, completely wasting the type 59 camo and 20+flags. 

And there is exactly NOTHING I could do about it. Not a single player, not ONE, on the enemy team even broke 300 base experience. 

WG's recent series of poor decisions have left this game in a shambles.

Screenshot (553)-redacted_dot_app.png

Edited by Litigo_1970
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
253 posts
4,439 battles
11 hours ago, Litigo_1970 said:

So I'm regrinding the US Battleship lines to earn Research Bureau points. I'm playing New Mexico, but I'm a pretty good shot, so I decide to load up on type 50 camo, all dragon flags, max economic flags, and max utility flags. I figure I can hard carry if necessary, and even with a loss, I can put up ~1200-1400 exp, so I can get good utility from the flags/camo. With a win, I expect 1900-2700 base, which will give me 25-20k exp for the grind.

The game starts, I'm playing well, but the other team is far far in the back, trying to snipe from the rear. Nobody, and I mean nobody, moves forward. My team is the same, nobody but me moves forward. 

The quality of play was abysmal. Before I can generate any significant base experience, WGs mercy rule kicks in and the game end. Through absolutely no fault of my own, I end up with 698!!!!! base experience, completely wasting the type 59 camo and 20+flags. 

And there is exactly NOTHING I could do about it. Not a single player, not ONE, on the enemy team even broke 300 base experience. 

It goes without saying you really should blur out the names of the other players, leaving them in is a violation forum rules.  

Edited by cheekywarship2018
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 3

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
4 hours ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Screenshot (553).png

Judging by the evidence provided...Cant blame your team for being efficient sinkers... If I was in that red team, I to would stay back and farm DMG... The game is lost so why not look good at the end...

It happens, the beauty of the mode is, your next match will not be the same as the current one...

• Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,521 posts
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Cant blame your team for being efficient sinkers...

Sometimes your team is so good that you hardly even get a chance to play. I flew a scouting sortie, went back and "secured" one low-health kill, and then the game was pretty much over for me. Every other time I'd line up an attack run the team would sink the ship before I could drop ordinance. This wasn't Coop either but a Random tier X match.

image.png.3c85b2f158bee3eeaf87f4137b8cad64.png

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[TSF]
Members
558 posts
15,270 battles

"Cant blame your team for being efficient sinkers."

8 of 12  players on my team were active ranked players. 

0 of 12 players on the enemy team had played even a single game of ranked this season. 

Edited by Litigo_1970
  • Sad 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles
11 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

"Cant blame your team for being efficient sinkers."

8 of 12  players on my team were active ranked players. 

0 of 12 players on the enemy team had played even a single game of ranked this season. 

Given the number of players that can rank out just by playing back-to-back until they get carried, I wouldn't use that for estimating skill.

I estimate skill based on how much that player rudders to dodge incoming fire or, in the case of dds, how much they try to stay detected.

• Cool 2

Members
5,750 posts
11,485 battles
5 hours ago, Reymu said:

Given the number of players that can rank out just by playing back-to-back until they get carried, I wouldn't use that for estimating skill.

I estimate skill based on how much that player rudders to dodge incoming fire or, in the case of dds, how much they try to stay detected.

^^^^^ The above 10000%

[OO7]
Members
696 posts
8,275 battles

Your average xp per game is 1.5k, including prem time and flag bonuses.  So unless you're putting up 1.4k bxp on a loss and 200 on a win, you are lying.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles
1 hour ago, mixmkz said:

Your average xp per game is 1.5k, including prem time and flag bonuses.  So unless you're putting up 1.4k bxp on a loss and 200 on a win, you are lying.

So you are saying he photo shopped the screen capture?

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
696 posts
8,275 battles

He has 698 bxp in that screen shot, on a win.  That is not 1.4k bxp on a loss, that as a loss would of net him 400 at best

Edited by mixmkz
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
7 hours ago, Reymu said:

Or decent players who don't bother with Ranked.

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles
21 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

He has 698 bxp in that screen shot, on a win.  That is not 1.4k bxp on a loss, that as a loss would of net him 400 at best

He was saying that's what he expected to average on a loss when he is flagged out, and the games are so short(due to poor quality of play) that even in a win he is not getting what he expects not sure why you went to "your a liar

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
696 posts
8,275 battles
15 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

He was saying that's what he expected to average on a loss when he is flagged out, and the games are so short(due to poor quality of play) that even in a win he is not getting what he expects not sure why you went to "your a liar

Here, I highlighted the important part for you as it seems we are interpreting the same statement differently.  

"even with a loss, I can put up ~1200-1400 exp, so I can get good utility from the flags/camo. With a win, I expect 1900-2700 base"

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
2 hours ago, mixmkz said:

Here, I highlighted the important part for you as it seems we are interpreting the same statement differently.  

"even with a loss, I can put up ~1200-1400 exp, so I can get good utility from the flags/camo. With a win, I expect 1900-2700 base"

Yeah, a 1900 BXP game in a T6 BB? Would even unis expect that as a minimum?

Banned
358 posts

It is because the Match Maker in this game is garbage.  In fact, everything about how this game puts together a match is garbage.  MM +2/-2 is absolute crap.  No T6 is going to beat a T8 with even players, just isn't going to happen.  The fact they could take 12 unicums and stick them against 12 sub 40% players, and think its ok is garbage.  The pure apathy of this games developers is laughable.  I left two years ago, because their game turned into dog crap, and after coming back, I can see not much has changed.  WG doesn't learn, they don't improve, they just find more ways to try to force gamble boxes down your throat while doing the absolute minimum to keep you playing.

Mr_Gibbins is completely correct about the direction of this game and it is pitiful.  

Edited by RenamedUser_1014381829
  • Cool 2

[TSF]
Members
558 posts
15,270 battles
23 hours ago, mixmkz said:

Your average xp per game is 1.5k

I earn considerably more exp than that stat suggests. I play a fair amount of co-op to complete the dailies. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles
19 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

I earn considerably more exp than that stat suggests. I play a fair amount of co-op to complete the dailies. 

mixmkz  is no fool, he / she is fully able to separate out  coop and randoms. Infact  the stat tracking sites including WGs own makes it impossible to mix coop XP with randoms XP. 

Now people don't use XP for stat tracking because  The API only gives XP not BASE XP meaning premium time gives higher numbers.  You avg XP earned for randoms is sitting at 1511.46 as of this moment.   

The numbers you listed as expected Base XP on wins  are  very high and one would not expect them save from unicums / super unicums.  

Edited by eviltane

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
19 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Actually, that's your avg. For Randoms only.

1.3k is your avg. New Mex BXP, also only in Randoms.

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Actually, that's your avg. For Randoms only.

1.3k is your avg. New Mex BXP, also only in Randoms.

Just as a note WG does not list BXP just XP before flags so numbers are fudged by premium time.   Its why generally XP isn't looked at or tracked in detail when trying to evaluate perfomance for recruitment purposes.  For example you can look at my expanded charts on wows numbers and in the last year there are several declining periods in XP despite   WR , PR, DMG all creeping up. Its due to the periods where I was not running premium time.       

Edited by eviltane

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
2 hours ago, eviltane said:

Just as a note WG does not list BXP just XP before flags so numbers are fudged by premium time.   Its why generally XP isn't looked at or tracked in detail when trying to evaluate perfomance for recruitment purposes.  For example you can look at my expanded charts on wows numbers and in the last year there are several declining periods in XP despite   WR , PR, DMG all creeping up. Its due to the periods where I was not running premium time.       

That makes sense then. Almost all my New Mex games are from when I was a free player, and my average is between 1.1-1.2k, so with premium, it would be about 1.6k.

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts

Using Dragon flags is akin to gambling.  You’re betting that you will have a decent game, and get big rewards in XP, CXP, credits, etc.  If you make a big bet, you can win big or you can lose big.  You have almost 14,000 games.  You should know by now how many random battles end up being total wipeouts.

I personally only use 2 dragon flags per game, because they are a total waste on those blowout games where I don’t get to do a whole lot, and I can limit my losses.  It also helps them last a bit longer

[CVA16]
[CVA16]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
139 posts
17,942 battles

The game is headed I am afraid to say , if it does'nt get back to common game play and quit tweaking , down the tube. I say it with great regret and disdain.

7 hours ago, RenamedUser_1014381829 said:

It is because the Match Maker in this game is garbage.  In fact, everything about how this game puts together a match is garbage.  MM +2/-2 is absolute crap.  No T6 is going to beat a T8 with even players, just isn't going to happen.  The fact they could take 12 unicums and stick them against 12 sub 40% players, and think its ok is garbage.  The pure apathy of this games developers is laughable.  I left two years ago, because their game turned into dog crap, and after coming back, I can see not much has changed.  WG doesn't learn, they don't improve, they just find more ways to try to force gamble boxes down your throat while doing the absolute minimum to keep you playing.

Mr_Gibbins is completely correct about the direction of this game and it is pitiful.  

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
1 hour ago, SeaGladius said:

Using Dragon flags is akin to gambling.  You’re betting that you will have a decent game, and get big rewards in XP, CXP, credits, etc.  If you make a big bet, you can win big or you can lose big.  You have almost 14,000 games.  You should know by now how many random battles end up being total wipeouts.

I personally only use 2 dragon flags per game, because they are a total waste on those blowout games where I don’t get to do a whole lot, and I can limit my losses.  It also helps them last a bit longer

I tend to use my "high end" signals only on high-tier ships.

At lower tiers, the base rewards you're boosting are lesser.

For example, I only run +20% credit signals on T8-10, and -10% service cost signals on T9-10.

Commander XP boosts only get used on T9-10 premiums. (I'd go T8 premium too, but I have none)

Edited by Skpstr

[TSF]
Members
558 posts
15,270 battles

I'm by no means claiming to be a unicum player, but I'm not a potato either. I can put up a number, even at tier 6-8.

Screenshot (425)-redacted_dot_app.png