You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Boomer625

Bolstering AA in the Game: VT shells

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles

A Liberty ship-ful of VT shells costs 6,500 coal in the armory, and is able to equip 5 ships to max capacity of VT shells. These VT shells cause 100% more aa damage to aa gun calibers of 3 inch and above (75mm). When carrying VT shells, there is a higher chance of fire (increase by 20%, decreases proportional to shells left in magazine) on the superstructure area.

The ammunition type of these 3inch and above aa guns  can be switched by the player from regular flak shells to VT shells. Once switched to VT shells, each use of the vv shells is default limited to 3 salvoes for each gun. For example, a Iowa class battleship has 10 5inch guns. So one switch to VT shells will use at max 30 shells of the ship’s vt shell storage.

a VT shell factory can be built for 75,000 coal, which produces a default of 5 shells per 10 minutes when the game is open. The factory operates for another 2 hours after logging off at and increase default rate of 8 shells per 10 minutes. This can be increased by using credits to upgrade the factory.

There will be a daily ship that sails into your port with a small amount of VT shells for free. On the ship will be a small market where you draw three options to buy things that will be drawn randomly, such as a lot of credits for a gold camo

Just some thought and imagination. Coal could be changed to like 2,000 stele for factory and like 500 steel for a liberty class shipload if Wg wants more people to play ranked and stuff like clan battles

Edited by Boomer625
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles

Please label this explicitly as a suggestion in the title. The way you have worded it, it isn't clear this is the case until you get right to the end.

[PISD]
Members
1,999 posts
6,619 battles
56 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

A Liberty ship-ful of VT shells costs 6,500 coal in the armory, and is able to equip 5 ships to max capacity of VT shells. These VT shells cause 100% more aa damage to aa gun calibers of 3 inch and above (75mm). When carrying VT shells, there is a higher chance of fire (increase by 20%, decreases proportional to shells left in magazine) on the superstructure area.

The ammunition type of these 3inch and above aa guns  can be switched by the player from regular flak shells to VT shells. Once switched to VT shells, each use of the vv shells is default limited to 3 salvoes for each gun. For example, a Iowa class battleship has 10 5inch guns. So one switch to VT shells will use at max 30 shells of the ship’s vt shell storage.

a VT shell factory can be built for 75,000 coal, which produces a default of 5 shells per 10 minutes when the game is open. The factory operates for another 2 hours after logging off at and increase default rate of 8 shells per 10 minutes. This can be increased by using credits to upgrade the factory.

Just some thought and imagination. Coal could be changed to like 2,000 stele for factory and like 500 steel for a liberty class shipload if Wg wants more people to play ranked and stuff like clan battles

Introducing  some sort of « gold ammo » against CV is not the way to go imo.

• Cool 2

[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts
1 minute ago, Karstodes said:

Don't worry comrade, "gold planes" with better armor and speed are sure next to come.

• Haha 1

[KIVA]
Members
242 posts

...or we could just give VT-fused AA shells to ships which historically carried them, and make those ships' flak pose a lethal risk to aircraft by exploding right in their faces rather than just giving their pilots' A and D keys a workout, and skip the part where we ask WG to paygate effective AA coverage.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
3 hours ago, Karstodes said:

I guess its my prediction for whats happening next, which usually gets quite a lot of hate. There’s gold ammo for many other games I play under Wargaming, so it might as well come.

[MUG-T]
Members
785 posts
4,262 battles
3 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Don't worry comrade, "gold planes" with better armor and speed are sure next to come.

*brings golden DFAA*

How the turntables

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,345 posts
8,308 battles
4 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

Great idea. And when you use VT shells, you cannot shoot at a ship.

Maybe ships like Atlanta and others should get a huge nerf to their AA ability when they are shooting at a surface target. Same goes for dual purpose secondary guns.

No ship should be immune to attack from another ship.

[PISD]
Members
1,999 posts
6,619 battles

on simple idea that I had was to create a skill:

Focused AA Gunner

All dual purpose Secondary guns becomes only AA guns, gain 2% continuous damage per barrel of secondary guns removed and 1/10 flak. A ship like Alabama would lose it's secondaries, but gain 40% continuous damage and 2 flaks

[UN1]
Members
1,405 posts
4,594 battles

The easier and most sensible solution for adding VT-like shell performance in the game is to simply change the AA captain skill that increased your AA damage to instead reduce the dispersion of the flak clouds by x-percent. This is how the Halland achieves its legendary AA performance (by having different flak dispersion) and could be useful as a 4 point skill. 

Adding gold ammo though... You do NOT want to start that trend. 

[BONKS]
Members
3,081 posts
52 battles
15 minutes ago, Ranari said:

The easier and most sensible solution for adding VT-like shell performance in the game is to simply change the AA captain skill that increased your AA damage to instead reduce the dispersion of the flak clouds by x-percent. This is how the Halland achieves its legendary AA performance (by having different flak dispersion) and could be useful as a 4 point skill. 

Ironically reducing flak dispersion would just make it even easier to evade.

Halland flak behaves the same as everyone else's.

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
8 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

I guess its my prediction for whats happening next, which usually gets quite a lot of hate. There’s gold ammo for many other games I play under Wargaming, so it might as well come.

Gold ammo is the moment I left all those games. Please not here.

[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Gold ammo is the moment I left all those games. Please not here.

One thing that I always valued about WG is there early commitment to NOT have true pay-to-win monetization such as other f2p games. They changed that back in around 2013, and if you think back things like premium consumables (available for credits) were removed not long ago and free consumables buffed.

don't get me wrong, things like PR and Makarov-crates are still shady and borderline legal in my view, but it is a far cry away from gold ammo.

Interesting article from back then:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/193520/Wargaming_kicks_paytowin_monetization_to_the_curb.php

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
11 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

One thing that I always valued about WG is there early commitment to NOT have true pay-to-win monetization such as other f2p games. They changed that back in around 2013, and if you think back things like premium consumables (available for credits) were removed not long ago and free consumables buffed.

don't get me wrong, things like PR and Makarov-crates are still shady and borderline legal in my view, but it is a far cry away from gold ammo.

Interesting article from back then:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/193520/Wargaming_kicks_paytowin_monetization_to_the_curb.php

I'm worried about them reintroducing the concept via Combat Signals. They are definitively tightening  the grip on free proc of signals, the grip isn't still a choke but the upcoming achievement reward adjustment looks like another step on that direction. Now there are no signal from Ranked but signals are widely available for purchase at the Armory. I'm not optimistic about they not reintroducing the concept in the future.