Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyrom

Haland or Smaland for next CB season?

16 comments in this topic

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
383 posts
10,298 battles

So, the next Clan Battles will be TX with Carriers.

Some players that I respect told me that Halland will be better than Smaland because he is a more torp boat, torps are unavoidable, etc. And Smaland which has 2 fewer torps (and less torp speed and reload speed) is worse for this 7v7 with CV battles.

Torps have the same low damage (10700), Smaland having 3+5 and Halland being 5+5.  Smaland has 16% faster gun fire and radar.

So, is this true? Halland much more recommended than Smaland in this kind of battle?

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,334 battles

MVR or FDR

OHIO

5x Petros

or

Thunderer

5x Marceaus 

• Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles

Also Halland has better AA.   One thing that will really decide what the DD roles are is whether they do the ship restrictions again.  IF ships like Venezia and Petro get restricted you might see more options for DDs. Once those kind of killers are restricted then you might see more then 1 DD .  

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,334 battles
10 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Also Halland has better AA.   One thing that will really decide what the DD roles are is whether they do the ship restrictions again.  IF ships like Venezia and Petro get restricted you might see more options for DDs. Once those kind of killers are restricted then you might see more then 1 DD .  

Problem is when you run into multiple marceaus in a wolf pack, halland will melt. It's slow. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles
Just now, Cit_the_bed said:

Problem is when you run into multiple marceaus in a wolf pack, halland will melt. It's slow. 

I doubt Marceaus will be running in packs with any success outside of breeze and gale. For one CVs will be present . For two you have Venezias , Petros , Nevkies which have high muzzle velocity and slay DDs. In ways that T9 cruisers simply don’t do. 

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,334 battles

5x marceau can kill a petro in about 25 seconds...

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles
2 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

5x marceau can kill a petro in about 25 seconds...

Marceau  was  around for the last T10 season and we didn’t have packs of em then either

[BUOY]
Members
1,427 posts
17,273 battles

My predictions:

Banned after the first pass: FDR, yes it's not a good CV in many players' hands, but in good hands the thing is just stupid especially now that the MvR's been nerfed pretty hard. 

Restricted to 1: Marceau, Kleber, Petro, Stalin, Venezia, Goliath or whatever 'easily' spammed flavor of the season ship that's developing...

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,334 battles
5 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

My predictions:

Banned after the first pass: FDR, yes it's not a good CV in many players' hands, but in good hands the thing is just stupid especially now that the MvR's been nerfed pretty hard. 

Restricted to 1: Marceau, Kleber, Petro, Stalin, Venezia, Goliath or whatever 'easily' spammed flavor of the season ship that's developing...

They won't ban a carrier. I bet day 1 is smaland and petro. 

[X-PN]
Members
2,014 posts
13,317 battles
16 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

That will cause A LOT of salt to be throw from the playerbase. 

However, if they do ban FDR,  even at nerfed MvR in the hands of good player can be nearly as bad, and makes some otherwise good ships like DM and or even Staly too vulnerable.  

Until they town down CVs for CB, the CV driver will have a broken amount of influence on the game.

....and how they be toned down?

I dunno ....hard to think of a good solution...but a quick thought might be a 40% regeneration penalty

[BUOY]
Members
1,427 posts
17,273 battles
49 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

While they might have day 1 restrictions, I don't see them outright banning any ship day 1 since CV's can shrek any surface ship at the start of the game, Petro is tech tree and commonly available and Smaland has team play to contend with as opposed to what you see in randoms / ranked.

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
383 posts
10,298 battles
3 hours ago, eviltane said:

image.png.c609a5b2c4a008e8ca9361db20168ba2.png

Members
133 posts
12,627 battles

It's going to be the same thing it was the last time we did this at Tier X with Carriers. 

MVR (Though with FDR out now it's a strong contender)
Ohio/Thunderer
Petro/Stalin
Petro
Petro/DM
Yoshino
Halland
Halland/Smaland

Or we'll get these funnybuns that like doing 7 Klebers and Marceaus

[O7]
Supertester
442 posts
13,803 battles

Both Halland and Smaland works well depending on which role you prioritize.

Halland is better at torping and has considerable AA to threaten all but FDR planes 

Smaland is better at dodging due to her speed boost. Radar can also deny caps and she wins the rare 1v1 DD fight. 

• Cool 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,359 posts
16,525 battles
4 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

Both Halland and Smaland works well depending on which role you prioritize.

Halland is better at torping and has considerable AA to threaten all but FDR planes 

Smaland is better at dodging due to her speed boost. Radar can also deny caps and she wins the rare 1v1 DD fight. 

Unless there is some real hard ship restrictions it is going to be a rough meta. 

Sign in to follow this